IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

DAY 45  January 17th.  It was great having re-gripped irons today.  I spent 2 1/2 hours on the range, focusing on my downswing and rotating around my thoracic spine.  I have a tendency for my upper body to sway forward, which makes low point control a challenge -- to say the least.  Just as I have been working on and making great progress on reducing/eliminating sway on my backswing now onto the downswing.   

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 399

Did a little work on priority piece but really felt like I forgot how to swing a club, so stopped and did some short game practice.

Too tired for superspeed today, so missed a day this week. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 6

Did swing drills, first focused on take away. Then full swing.

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Day 13 - back to the indoor practice putting mat.  Mainly used the white line side (has the smaller hole cutout in the ramp section) to focus on keeping the ball going straight - worked from 3' - 6' distances in 1' increments.  Goal was to make 8 in a row at which time I could move to the next distance back.  IF, which was more the case, I left the line and missed the cup more than twice I had to move back to the next shorter distance.  Really forced the focus to be on making sure the backswing and follow-thru were equidistant from the starting point, keeping the head steady and having enough swing to sink the ball and not blow through.  Tough exercise but rewarding when I could "hear" the ball fall.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 96: Did my drills then SuperSpeed training. A bit warmer, but windy.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 1/17/2021 at 11:36 AM, woodzie264 said:

Day 13 - more straighter right elbow work. I was crushing it today (for me anyways). Admittedly, I had secondary focus of initiating the downswing with left hip and I think that was helpful. But ball contact felt great

Day 14 - pretty much the same, but I think I’m very disjointed with my arms & hips.  

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator

Day 385 - January 18, 2021

Practice before lessons (juniors today) showed up. Did my speed work today too (Mach 3).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

DAY 46  January 18   I spent time in my home office today practicing swings using my shortened 5 iron and an Impact Ball... .working on staying connected and rotating versus swaying on both my backswing and downswing.

Day 7

Gold Flex warm up, starting off with more this Monday compared to last Monday.  Will be building as the week goes on with Friday max out.

Used my 52* & PW exclusively today.  Hit 35 1/4 to 1/2 shots.  Really felt I needed to work on this as it was a major weak spot for me in 2020.

Finished up with 5 full swings with each club

Kept focus on 60/60/100 for all as well as straight soft trail arm

Did not flip my wrists once 😎

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Day 400

Did a superspeed workout, but not a great one. Also did a little bit of indoor putting.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 14 - more time with the net today.  Used foot powder spray on club faces to get feedback on impact.  Was toey with the irons - worked on setup to counter this, more in the middle by the end.  Fairways and driver pretty good....total of around 100 shots taken.  Really started to feel toey strikes with the driver, and man when on center, it felt effortless.  Good day on the net....

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 17 (of last 18, 4 in a row) - Did some putting with the smart ball.  Also felt like my weight was ending on my right side, so I worked to feel like my weight finished on my left.  Tried stepping down on my left heal to start the forward stroke.  Seemed to feel pretty good.

Day 14 - Blast putting in the office between patients with focus on rhythm and consistency of swing's length for various distance intervals

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator

Day 386 - January 19, 2021

About 20 7-irons today. Some were shorter. A bit less flow, a bit more arms out and up with the shaft going \ (or / depending on your perspective).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 97: worked on my priority piece with 7 iron and driver then worked on tempo with partial PW.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 47  January 19  Started the session working with the Super Speed Sticks and measuring my swing speed for the Challenge.

Then spent 2 1/2 hours on the range working on my swing -- while I was doing drills, I was working to reduce my tension level at set up and throughout the swing.  Making a lot of progress... I feel like my swing comes out, when I am more relaxed.