• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge for 2018! Please read as the rules have changed! Yes, for all of 2018! I'm changing it up. Rather than do this monthly, we're going to hav

3/31/18: Day 365: The post you've all been waiting for.  I did some more work with my A4 to A5 drills. I know it seems like it's monotonous and stupid... But yesterday after I posted I

Well I'm at 276 consecutive days. 1/1/18: I did my path drill indoors today. For those of you who don't know what this is, it involves 2 to 4 water or soda bottles a club and a foam ball. I

Posted Images

Day 22 (4,10) - Same idea as yesterday...  really trying to hone in that forearm rotation in the takeaway and backswing.  Used the smart ball today.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 406

Got a little bit of full swing work done outdoors before rain started, and then did some indoor putting.

• Administrator

Day 391 - January 24, 2021

Backswing work focusing on A1-A3 and two things: the right elbow bending a bit earlier, the right knee staying slightly more flexed.

Day 20 - half swings with the 5-7-9 irons. Focused on consistent ball contact and follow through.  A good session with few bad strikes, most shots going/landing where planned....of course using practice foam balls as this was a backyard day. 

DAY 52  January 24th   I spend almost 4 hours on the range continuing to work on more rotation, and less head movement.  The video of my swing looks a lot better than a month ago... So I feel I am making progress.  I continue to use the drills from "Train for Golf Like an Olympian."  Hitting 12 balls with each drill, doing rehearsal swings between balls hit. 

Day 23 - Worked with Mirror Vision, trying to get my weight shifting right before transition.

Day 103: Worked on my priority piece and then did SuperSpeed. Cold but not windy. Finished with 8 iron 70% swings with the Soft Trail arm feel. 

Day 24 - Did some swings with Mirror Vision, would like to film for Evolvr this afternoon.

Day 23 (5,11) - Rented a practice bay at the PGA store.  Wanted to get a better idea of ball flight than hitting into a net.  Also hit the driver for the first time since overhauling my takeaway.  Overall, I was pleased, but still have a long ways to go to where I am able to repeat this takeaway and backswing every time.

DAY 53  January 25th.   I went to the putting green.. started with working on starting the ball on line using the Pelz Putting Tutor.  Did that for 30 minutes... I try to do this each time I practice putting, since I want to be sure I can start the ball on line.  Then set up the STAR Drill.  I easily made 25  in a row from three feet.  When I moved the tees back to four feet, it was a MAJOR struggle.  As I took a few moments to analyze  what was happening.. it was ALL about the clutter in my mind... took a few cleansing breaths... worked on clearing my mind.  Then started again, and made 25 four footers in a row.  Who said, this game in NOT mental!!

I stopped after last Thursday.  Total frustration with golf and sat back to figure out what was going wrong.  Developing a new plan, one that is not so ambitious but one that my body can handle.

Day 1

Stretching - oh how I constantly need this. Gold Flex activity, did a warm up set before starting drills.

Worked on Driver, 5i, 7i, 9i, 48* hit about 35 balls focusing on drills.  Contact improved, alot!  Consistent center face, still had toe shots but a lot fewer.

I was getting my body to tired before starting to do my golf drills which lead to poor results.

Finished up with lower levels of Gold Flex then previous weeks.  

I am happy

More putting at 3' - 4' - 5', focused on not lifting head to look.  Some focus work on weight shift in backswing through downswing - teaching the body to shift and not stay on the back foot. 

• Administrator

Day 392 - January 25, 2021

Good 45 minutes or so today. Maybe 50 balls, maybe a bit more. Added a little wrist hinge to help the club feel like it's gone back far enough sooner. Also helps the elbow fold a bit more.

Day 407

Superspeed workout and a little full swing work with 7-iron before to warm up.