IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 24 (6,12) - After shoveling 6 inches of wet snow, didn't have the energy for full swings today.  Instead practiced some putting with the smart ball.  Tried to use the same initial move I've been working on for the takeaway in a full swing for the initial move in the putting stroke.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

DAY 54  January 26    Started with some dynamic stretches in preparation for the Super Speed Challenge work.  Did the Level 1 Super Speed Stick protocols.  Then recorded my speed, my MAX was 106 and Median of the 5 swings was 101.  This is big jump for last week when I ended at 98 as my max.  What I can say is that I was rested today.  I have been putting in about 4 hours a day on the range for a while.  Yesterday I just putted for a couple of hours... so it was an "easy day".

Then I did several 12 ball drills from the book, "How to Train for Golf Like and Olympian."  Total time out there was 3 hours 15 minutes... I stopped when my legs wore out.  You know that feeling when your legs are tired so you are mostly doing arm swings.

Day 104: Did chipping indoors in the morning then worked on my priority piece with a 6 iron in the afternoon.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 22 - PP straighter right elbow

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 2

Another solid day of work, contact was more consistent center.  My misses are toe but they are getting fewer.

Did a warm up set with my Gold Flex (GF), stretching and then into some take away drills before hitting the ball.  Focused on the where the club face was at A2 & A3 as well as my trail arm

Worked on my Driver, 2 Utility, 6i, 8i & PW

After that session was done I did my GF Core and Swing sets.  All GF drills were +5 from yesterday

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Day 22 - (forgot to mark yesterday’s post as day 21) - swings in the mirror, working on proper rotation and weight shift as it rained all day.  More putting practice with the grandson....he creates some challenging holes around the house.

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 393 - January 26, 2021

Good 15 minutes today. Originally intended for it to be longer but a lot of the balls were just smashed. Hinged and lifted the right elbow up off my ribs early.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 408

Got an atmospheric river in town so no full swing stuff today. Also tweaked something near my lead collarbone. Just did some slo-no swing mapping and indoor putting (yardstick). 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 23 - Another rainy day in Carolina....still able to get outside this morning to take a few swings with the 6i and foam balls.  Focus was on staying on center - tried this as a warm-up: used the gap in the deck boards on the back deck to "keep my head centered" and then went through the back swing and down swing focusing on keeping the head centered.  As my problem is not rotating enough on the down swing, spent a good amount of the time deliberately coming through and finishing with the chest/belt buckle facing down range AND then moving my head to "watch" the imaginary ball land softly on the green.  Work with the 6i was to replicate those same motions, getting the hips to clear and let the club launch the ball.  Took about 20 swings as it was just drizzly enough to make it miserable.  Deliberately paused between swings to analyze what happened - first few had a couple thin, a couple fat.  RESET time.  Went back through the movements - feeling the swing, the shift in weight from middle - to - back thru to front.  Last 15 swings good and straight, slight fade with a couple with slight draw bias. The swing had that effortless feel I occasionally get on the course.  Yep - it really helped re-reading last night in LSW!   

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 25 (7,13) - Back to full swings.  Trying to hammer home my work on the takeaway and forearm rotation in the backswing.  Really starting to feel good about my progress so far.  Consistently better ball striking than even a week ago, and ball speeds on the launch monitor are 5-6 mph faster than last week too.  A few more days of good results, and I'll get a new swing thread post up to see where I'm at.

Day 105: Did a bit too much today. Shoveled/Snow-Blowed (if that’s a word) for 1.5 hours, then did some painting prep. By the time I got to practice, I was beat. Worked on a drill from the COVID practice (Day 5 drill) then did SuperSpeed. I was way down on top speed. Next couple of days are going to be really cold, so I wanted to get the SuperSpeed in.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 55 January 27th.  Working in my home office almost all day.  So I headed to the garage to work on my swing.  Practice swings standing on balance discs, practice swings with my butt almost touching the wall to help with more rotation, and wrist hinge.  Then 100 swings with the Gold Flex.

Day 22 - Blast putting work between work breaks 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 3 - broke it into 2 morning session & evening session

Morning - worked on take away - Covid Day 1 drill, straight soft trail arm, weight 60/60/100 for irons did 10 to 20 drills slow motion with 6i with no ball striking.  Then I finished up with my 6i hitting 20 balls doing these drills at about 1/4 to 1/2 back swing.  Focused on all of the above with final emphasis of getting my hips thru and 100% on my left leg after the swing is done.

Evening Session - 

Warmed up with GF and 20 Multi swings, stretching

Did the above drills to start then proceeded into full swing contact. Worked on my Driver, 5w, 2u, 3u, 5i and hit 40 balls.

Finished up with GF added in left hand swinging today 20, left, 20 back and forth baseball and 20 right handed.  All GF work was +5 from yesterday.

Enjoyed the session

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Day 409:

Lesson / iron fitting today. I've managed to tame the hook issue and I'm not shoving my right hand over anymore to close the clubface and catch up with my hips/core. Ball flight is on target and my miss is a push that doesn't draw. Still hit an occasional nasty hook, but those are becoming much less frequent. I'm still stuck on AoA of 0.5-2 degrees down, when it was previously more in the range of 2-4 degrees down. My sternum is just hanging slightly back, so working on this is the priority piece for this month. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 25 (7,13) - Humbling, but important day in a practice bay at the PGA store today.  I just couldn't find my swing.  Which is important.  My goal is to understand the fundamentals of what I'm trying to do, so I never lose it.  Important to know and understand that I have a long ways to go.