IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 414:

Warmed up a bit working on priority piece with 7-iron before doing a superspeed workout. Not a great superspeed session. Also need to find a drill of some sort to work on getting sternum more over the ball instead of hanging back, as the current feels aren't doing it for me.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 399 - February 1, 2021:

Putted in the hallway while waiting for the shower to dry. The door is much better now, and the new silicone caulk looks nice.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 2 - Same story as yesterday.  Started out with drills to focus on takeaway and forearm rotation.  Then moved into a few full swings.  Doing my best to stay focused during the full swing portion.

Day 29 - Backyard chipping and some full swings.  Started with the chipping, focusing on half-back swings through follow-thru.  Again working on rotating through the swing to clear the hips.  Using my 845Silver Scot 8i, I worked on distance control - i.e. placing each shot about yard past the previous.  Also did the reverse with the shots starting about 2 yards apart but ending up at the same target.  Finished up with some full swings with the harder foam balls (they will fly close to 100yds on a full driver swing), using the 7i of the same set - good flight with these balls as they were starting right and coming back around to the left.  Historically I have always been pretty much start right and go further right.  Tomorrow, weather dependent, may be able to get back outside and do some more with the irons.   

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

DAY 29 - blast putting in office; focus on pendulum consistency

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 111: Shovel. Shovel some more. Shovel a bit more. Then after I stopped feeling like that old Knight in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, I did some chipping in the basement.

Indiana Jones GIF

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 61  February 2  Another COLD day!!!!!!!   So relegated to the garage for some swings with my back against the wall, and putting down the ruler in my home office.... looks like I am stuck indoors for one more day... then freedom - back to the course!!

• Administrator

Day 401 - February 2, 2021

I got off by one day so I'm making the adjustment here. I spent 30+ minutes downtown after a lesson working on the whole backswing motion. I recorded an earlier swing (my swing topic) and then worked on making it a bit shorter. Right thumb a little longer and a bit more on top, a bit more "down" in the backswing… Overall, pretty good though. Happy. Going to start working on the A3-A5 stuff.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 415:

Did some work with the COVID-19 practice plan Day-5 drill. I think this one might help me cover the ball more. I struggle with this drill for some reason, so I'm going to be working on it a lot.

-Peter

Day 112: Worked on my priority piece then did SuperSpeed. Finished with easy partial short iron shots.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 30 - blast putting in office; focus on pendulum consistency. I will head over to course this afternoon and putt on green there as well since it'll be a balmy 45*

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 30 - Work with the wedges (PW & GW) on 15 - 25 yard chip shots.  Created a new game called "fill the gap" - 1st shot at the longer distance around 25 yds, the 2nd shot around 20yds - then the remaining 3 shots had to "fill the gap".  1pt for every shot in the gap  (and online +/1yd either way), -1pt for short and -2 for long.  As I was using just 3 balls for scoring max points per session was 3.  I averaged 2 pts per round as I invariably would have one come up short.  Also worked on the ladder drill as noted in LSR.  Did okay, but could not consistently stack the ladder.  Good thing was the sunshine and my shadow - could use it to look at form in the address.    

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 402 - February 3, 2021

Good hour or so hitting about 50 balls. Didn't record anything, but strikes were solid even when easy, and swings were better lengths.

DAY 62  February 3  I think it is Ground Hog Day!!!   Another COLD day!!!!!!!   So relegated to the garage for some swings with my back against the wall, and putting down the ruler in my home office.... looks like I am stuck indoors for one more day... then freedom - back to the course!!  Tomorrow it is warming up and I can get out at last!!! 

Day 416:

More COVID-19 day-5 drill. Seeing some improvement today after watching the video again. I think my pump of a couple inches was much too big, so once this was shortened contact improved.

After that I did some full swing warmup with 7-iron, and then a superspeed workout.

-Peter