IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 428:

Brought my Mirrorvision setup outside. Downloaded the app awhile ago (maybe months). Can't believe I didn't do this sooner. Noticed right away that some of the things I do in rehearsal swings before hitting a ball don't happen all the time when I do hit a ball. The instant feedback really helps.

So, using mirror vision, did some COVID-19 day-5 drills, and then some 75% speed full swings with 7-iron and then some full swings with 7-iron. Worked on recentering chest/flow, and also having a steeper hand path. These were things that were fine during rehearsals but iffy during swings. Thought I made some progress today.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 42 (Feb 16 2021) - the rain stopped, the sun is shining and we are getting a brief reprieve with a day in the 60's.  Got outside for swing drills with 1/2 swings shortened motion to get the weight "off" the back heel and on the front foot, making contact with foam balls.  It's amazing how far foam balls fly even on 1/2 swings.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day Three! 

Did 30 good practice swings before lunch. Weight shift slightly left to start the backswing. Back of left hand facing away from me at A3

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 125: Rainy day so I just worked on chipping in the basement.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 42- Blast putting in office for Rhythm 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Let's see if I can do this successfully in 2021.

Day 1.  I spent 30 minutes on the putting green this evening, working on 4' putts.  Sadly, my twelve-coins drill attempt took me 24 putts -- not a very good result.  It did not take me 30 minutes for the drill -- I was putting without a drill for a while before I decided I should measure something, even though it had been a long while since my previous practice session. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 429:

Covid-19 day-5 drill, some 7-iron full swing to warmup, focusing on flow/recentering and a steeper hand path. Then did a superspeed workout. 

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 416 - February 17, 2021

Blast work at home along with some slow motion backswing things.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 126: Worked on a new drill and filmed it to send back in. Then did SuperSpeed.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 43- Blast putting in office for Rhythm 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 43 (Feb 17 2021) - was able to get to the course and play 18 today.  As course was basically deserted (too cold, cart path only) - we (my son and grandson, myself) were not pressured to hurry along.  Able to work on swing mechanics - particularly follow through.  Good round of hard practice.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day Four! 

Worked on backswing swing speed. Faster at A1, Slowing down at A3-A4

Still fit in the weight shift back. 

• Like 2

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 430:

Covid-19 day-5 drill to start. Did a little full swing stuff working on recentering/flow, a little frustrating today. Recorded some swings and noticed some stuff in my backswing that bugged me, so did some backswing work with mirrorvision. Backswing not the priority piece, but since I was frustrated with main thing, switching it up was a nice change. 

-Peter

Day 44 (Feb 18 2021) - more rain today.  Worked on a "light weight" chipping drill using the 7i, wiffle balls, indoor putting green, bathroom rug and 30' of hall space (see photo below).  Focus on perfecting putting swing with the iron to launch the ball, get it to "bounce" on the green and roll out close to or in the the hole.  A good number rolled up the little ramp at the front of the hole only to roll back.  3 points for bouncing it on and it staying, 2 points for bouncing on but rolling off left or right (figuring the ball would still be close in the real world, NO points for any that did not contact the green in any way.  Goal with a dozen wiffle balls to get perfect score of 36.  Best score today was 20.  More work needed as I had a number head right off the club face.  The purpose of this is to work on those nGIR shots that need a good chip/bump and run type shot to get near the hole to putt out.  

IMG_6009.jpg

• Like 1

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star