Day 132: Went to the range for a change to work on my priority piece and see ball flight. Slipped into the bad habit of just hitting in the middle of the session, but then recovered. The balls were those awful floating type that were really beat down. Not much to gain on distance, but start direction helped.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge for 2018! Please read as the rules have changed! Yes, for all of 2018! I'm changing it up. Rather than do this monthly, we're going to hav

3/31/18: Day 365: The post you've all been waiting for.  I did some more work with my A4 to A5 drills. I know it seems like it's monotonous and stupid... But yesterday after I posted I

Day 462 - April 4, 2021 Played 18 holes with @Hardspoon and then a nine-hole scramble with @NatalieB. Shot 30 on the latter nine, and around par with the first 18. I haven't gone through the roun

Posted Images

Day 49 (Feb 23 2021) - Got to go to the course today to play.  Worked on course management, primarily where did I want to hit the approach shot into the green from on the 4's and 5's, in essence working from green back to the fairway.   Have to say it is much more comfortable hitting a shot you really like into the green as opposed to one at an awkward distance.   

• Administrator

Day 422 - February 23, 2021

Today was a long day. Spent two hours downtown practicing. About 20 minutes of that was putting. Now, I don't hit a lot of balls, but there's a lot of work, a lot of rehearsals, etc. I started out with a 9I and things weren't good. I got them better by re-focusing on the just lifting of the arms, soft right arm, and then using the arms a bit more to start down instead of the body. Finished with some 6I that were pretty good.

Got the Live View Pro today, so I'm really looking forward to using that so I don't have to completely disrupt everything to look back in the mirror, AND so I can see how long my swing was right after I hit it, without having to trim or go back and record, etc.

Day 52 - Worked on feeling as though my right leg is pushing away from the ground, seems to help.

Day 436:

Did COVID-19 day-5 drills, and then some 75% speed full swings with 7-iron working on recentering/flow. Also did COVID-19 day-3 left hand reach drill as a rehearsal before each full swing.

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Got the Live View Pro today

This is the camera that is similar to what Mirrorvision app does right? Will you be posting any comments/review on TST at some point? I was looking into it before I got the Mirrorvision app. Would be interested to hear your opinion on its value.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

This is the camera that is similar to what Mirrorvision app does right? Will you be posting any comments/review on TST at some point? I was looking into it before I got the Mirrorvision app. Would be interested to hear your opinion on its value.

A review, yes.

• Like 2

Day 3.  For 45 minutes tonight, I worked on putting on a real putting green.  One of the cups was about 5' from the edge of the green, so I was able to do an around-the-clock drill from 4', and it only took me 19 putts to do.  Either I got better in a hurry or it was an easy hole location.  

Day 50 (Feb 24 2021) - chipping in the backyard with the 6 & 7 irons.  Carryover from yesterday where I noticed I was in  coming in fat.  Worked on rotating thru to clear hips....

Day 9! 

1. Backswing work A1 to A2 feeling the weight shift to my right foot 
2. Make backswing with left wrist facing away from me. Feels facing down at the ground from A1 to A2.

• Administrator

Day 423 - February 24, 2021

Good long two+ hour session today. Focused on making the right sized backswing - not too small, not too long. Arms lift up in front of me, but not very far. I hit some 8I, then some 6I. I finished up with a 3I and really tried to feel that my setup was not getting too far forward.

Day 437:

Just a little bit of indoor putting and some COVID-19 day-3 backswing drills today.

Day 50 (Feb 24 2021)- Work on full swings with irons and driver(s) in the yard (temps in the 60's today) and hard foam balls (getting 70-80yds flight).   Working on maintaining steady grip pressure and flow through the downswing - I tend to get too rushed.  Noticed better ball flight by simply humming a steady note through the swing - to resist the grunt reflex.  Made me think of my friend who is always humming "Roxanne" by the Police when he plays.  

52 minutes ago, WillieT said:

Day 50 (Feb 24 2021)- Work on full swings with irons and driver(s) in the yard (temps in the 60's today) and hard foam balls (getting 70-80yds flight).   Working on maintaining steady grip pressure and flow through the downswing - I tend to get too rushed.  Noticed better ball flight by simply humming a steady note through the swing - to resist the grunt reflex.  Made me think of my friend who is always humming "Roxanne" by the Police when he plays.  

Day 51 (Feb 25) - Typed in the wrong date....