IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 443:

Did some backswing/takeaway drills (COVID-19 day-3 and something I found on AMG YouTube). Then some COVID-19 day-5 drills. Then some full swing balls with 9-iron and 3-hybrid.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 9.  Spent a fifteen minute break earlier today hitting 8-iron and 6-iron full swings, off a mat, into a net, real balls, indoors.  Hit about as many balls, careful to make sure I am at practice pace. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 55 - Blast putting in office for rhythm and face control x 10 mins.   Slow takeaways with 8i focus on club back & up with straighter right elbow

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 139: Long session today. Redid the PlaneMate protocols for full swing transition, downswing and impact, which are really close to the drills I’ve been doing. Then I worked on my drills with 6 iron and driver and filmed them.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 56 (Mar 03 2021) - Easy swings today with the 7i and PW working on maintaining a steady head and proper weight shift.  Very enjoyable moments of making good consistent contact.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 59 - Frustrating day of practice. A bunch of swings, slow and full speed, trying to open my hips enough during the backswing. Each time I seem to get it, something else seems to go wrong. Golf, gotta love it.

• Administrator

Day 430 - March 3, 2021

Played 18 holes at Lonnie Poole Golf Course (NC State's course). Played from 6950 even though we got NO roll. Raleigh isn't sandy like Pinehurst. 😄

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 444:

Lesson today, and an hour on the launch monitor afterward. 

-Peter

Day 12

Backswing work A1 to A2 feeling the weight shift to my right foot. Used the window as a mirror to see the set up and weight shift. Felt the backswing slow down at A3 to A4

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 10.  Rain outside meant I couldn't do the speed sticks, so I had to make due with 8-iron and 6-irons, as per usual, off the mat, into the net, while indoors.  Two sessions of about half a dozen balls each (and about as many minutes each time).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 57 (Mar 04 2021) - More work on initial takeaway, using the drills from Day1 of the COVID-19 Practice plan.  Finished with chip shots in the backyard with real golf balls.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 140: Worked on my priority piece and then did SuperSpeed.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 56 - more putting for distance control at the office today; then hit a few balls in the net when I got home with focus on straighter right elbow and getting it off my right side early

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 445:

COVID-19 day 4 palmar flexion drill, hit some balls with 8-iron, about 75% speed, and superspeed workout. 

-Peter

Day 11.  Today was a good day for practice.  I found half an hour in the afternoon to (slowly) hit balls (indoor, off a mat, into a net, real balls, 6- and 8-iron).  I also had time for Speed Sticks in the backyard.  I am encouraged by Green 112 mph on the final iteration. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 57 - putting in office for Speed control.  At 32ft, this is a huge improvement from the “old  pre-Blast, pre-putting pendulum trained me”

454AE57E-8585-44FB-81DC-2FB5470B39FD.jpegC92F15C7-9042-4A09-81E3-1DFCD9982A6C.jpegB06397ED-AB0B-45D6-B73B-A1E875EFE03D.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

-Jonny

Day 58 (Mar 05 2021) - 1-2-3 drill with putter this morning.  1 pace from cup - single ball, make it into the putting green cup and move to 2 paces out, now I have to make 2 balls in a row before moving to 3 paces out and of course 3 balls have to be made before I get to 4 paces which for my short stride is the limit of the green.  Focused on keeping head still and not "looking" - target point a spot on the mat about 18" in front of the ball.  Followed this up with going with 8 balls in a row from each position before moving to the next (why 8 - its all the "real" golf balls I have in the house, may scarf another 4 from the used ball pile in the shop to give an even dozen to work with).  

47 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Day 57 - putting in office for Speed control.  At 32ft, this is a huge improvement from the “old  pre-Blast, pre-putting pendulum trained me”

454AE57E-8585-44FB-81DC-2FB5470B39FD.jpegC92F15C7-9042-4A09-81E3-1DFCD9982A6C.jpegB06397ED-AB0B-45D6-B73B-A1E875EFE03D.jpeg

Makes me jealous that the hall at the house (which is where I work as well) is not fully carpeted as it is about the same length.  Then again - the hardwood floor can offer challenges when putting with the plastic ball - like putting on ice.....

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

55 minutes ago, WillieT said:

Makes me jealous that the hall at the house (which is where I work as well) is not fully carpeted as it is about the same length.  Then again - the hardwood floor can offer challenges when putting with the plastic ball - like putting on ice.....

yeah, this "carpet" runs around 11 in one direction and 10 in the opposite, so it's faster than most greens I play on, but I'm just working on the consistency of my motion so it works. It's definitely nice to have

-Jonny