IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 456 - March 29, 2021

23 balls downtown. Started adding a little bit more speed, not looking back in the mirror each time. 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 168: Range work on a really windy day. Gusts to 40. Some of my wedge shots came back a few yards if I launched too high. Also did some short game work.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 82 (29 Mar 21) - Chipping drills today.  Used the 8i to get low flight, long roll on.  Focused on accuracy of the shot, getting it to land about 10yds out and roll in toward the backyard pins.  A real challenge as I was toeing the ball quite a bit.  Need more work on this area.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 169: Played 18 after a frost delay (28F when I got there) then went to the range after to work on things. With my recent changes, my low point has seemed to move forward. I was hit shots low and on the toe early on. When I finally move the ball forward, to my left heel for most shots, ball flight got better. I confirmed this at the range after.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 16. 

Played 9 after work.

Took a day to just relax and go play.  Tried not to focus on anything or really "work" at anything.  Just a good walk and a few good shots sprinkled in.  Will be back to more structure tomorrow.

Day 37.  Took a break and went and putted for 10 minutes.  The green was too busy to do a real drill, but I worked in the 6-12' range, focusing on line and getting the ball to the hole and beyond (but not too far beyond).  I sank so many, I probably used up this week's allocation of made putts 😞  I also hit a dozen balls (full swing) at home, usual focus.  Tournament on Saturday and friendly on Sunday, so I should be cramming short game (esp. since it's a glaring weakness for me)...

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 83 (30 Mar 21) - Today was more wedge but with a light hearted twist.  Grandson made a game of it with us putting the football goal about 5 yards out with the basketball goal another 5 yards out from there.  The game was to hit through the goal posts - off the backboard and into the net....I was close with the 58wedge, going either just right or left of the goal.  It was about making good shot placement as we would talk through the shot - "through the goal posts, off the backboard, into the net" - more of getting him to trust the shot....He was stoked when I captured this short video and he had just barely missed making it....

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 457 - March 30, 2021

Hit six balls downtown, then played nine holes at Whispering Woods. No birdies, but some good par saves.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 470:

Did covid-19 day-3, 4, 5 drills. Then worked on priority piece with 8-iron for awhile. Hit maybe 25 balls but it got dark and contact wasn’t great. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 79 & 80 - forgot to post yesterday in this thread, but did post my drills from yesterday in the MySwing thread. 

this morning, I did some swings with a 9i with focus on straighter right elbow in takeaway. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 170: Good double session today. Went to the grass range early and worked on alignment and ball position. I feel like I need to play the ball forward, at what appears to me like at my left heel. Later, I filmed it. What feels like left heel is really about a half ball to ball from my left heel on camera. I kept it there for all clubs except driver. Driver  is at my big toe.

For alignment, my flight was a slight push, maybe 10 yards at 150 yards with respect to my toe line. Flight was high and either a slight draw or fade.

I also did some short game work at the range. Course was booked, so I didn’t get to play.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 84 (31 Mar 21) - Birdie ball day with the LW (Ping Eye2 57.5) in brisk winds.  Worked on getting good spin on the Birdie balls.  Very easy to tell when you are not getting spin as it jus wobbles through the air.  Got some good swings in with good flight given the wind conditions.  One thing is certain - the Eye2 plays a lot different than the Cleveland CBX (my normal gamer). 

Edited by WillieT
poor spelling!

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 17.

Bucket at the range.  After warmup spent most of the time working on 4 & 6 irons.  Struggled with those the last few rounds.  Thinking I may not have the core strength to make as much of a turn with those clubs compared to others in my bag.  Tried to limit backswing and work on clean contact.  What I think is a 50% swing on a 6 goes 150.  Im sure it's more than that in reality, but no mirror or camera..  Most "normal" shots are 175 but don't seem like crisp contact.  Every now and then get that 190 pure shot.  Telling me I just can't control the club or I'm trying to hard.  Always more work to do...

Day 471:

Did some warmup with a 7-iron working on priority piece, and COVID-19 day-3, 4, 5 drills. Then superspeed workout. Finished with some more full swings with 3W, 4-iron, 7-iron, and PW, again with focus on priority piece.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 38.  Snuck out mid-afternoon, putted for 15 minutes on a real green.  It was getting too crowded so I left.  When I was there, it was mostly 9-15' putts, with a few 4'.  Any I missed, I pulled back to 3' and tried to make from there for extra practice.  I also hit a dozen balls in my indoor room and went outback for Speed Sticks, protocol one (114 mph with green, both start + end). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 1: Putting practice indoors on my PuttOut/PerfectPutter setup. My drill is to see how long it takes to make 2 perfect putts from 1', 2' and 3', then one each from 4',5' and 6'. It took me about 20 minutes today. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 85 (1 Apr 21) - Decided on some work with the 5i & 7i and Birdie balls in the backyard.  Focus today was on getting solid contact with a smoother finish - I tend to underrotate and that gives the famous chicken wing / slice.  Worked into each swing by starting where I wanted to finish in terms of arms/club position and then swinging back to the top of a shortened backswing.  This made all the difference in what was seeing for ball flight (slight draws to straight instead of  hard fades/slices).  Took my time between each one, thinking about what I saw in the ball flight, what I felt in the swing, the divot pattern, etc.  It was some of the most productive practice in a while.   

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 171: SuperSpeed then worked on my priority piece with 7 iron and driver.

Scott

My Swing Thread