IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 489:

Skipping super speed again this week while I work on full swing priority piece. Did Covid-19 day-2, 3, 4, 5 drills. Slow, full swings with a 9-iron, with lots of rehearsals between balls.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 190: Double header today. Played 9 in the morning then did a bit of range work. Then played another 9 with my wife in a afternoon. Was a bit stiff for the second 9.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 8 - April 19, 2021

Great session today at the range. 3 hours working through my priority points with various clubs and also the swing flow drill. Finished off with pitch and putting focusing on the rhythm and swing flow. Did a recording for Evolvr this evening and submitted. 

Dave

Day 103 (19 Apr 21) - played today w/son, grandson and the missus along as cheerleader.  Was consistent in one manner today - could not find my swing rhythm.  First thing I DID NOT DO was make changes in the swing during the round, but rather focused on staying constant on setup, etc. locking in on what I had been doing.  Finally on 13 it started to feel like I was getting the feel.   Last 6 holes I played pretty much bogie+ golf.  First 12, if I had double it was good. Tomorrow will spend some time on swing tempo.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 57.  Despite it being a busy day, I found ten minutes to hit a few slow 6-iron shots, priority piece (setup, takeaway) and slow swings.   As usual, this was indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls when hitting. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 104 (20 Apr 21) - Easy swings today (stomach bug) - worked on keeping weight forward on downswing, head down (i.e. eyes locked on ball "trusting the shot").  Did this with 3w and 6i using the hard foam balls - total of 6 groups of five swings (3w going out, 6i coming back).  Finished up today with easy chips w/8i working from about 25yds out down to 5yds.  Worked on getting good alignment to where the ball is coming in on a predictable line in.  Nothing like the buttery feel of a ball coming off the head of a club and seeing it land and roll right to the target.    

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 191: Played 18 this morning. Felt better than I thought I would after yesterday. Driver was erratic and so were so other tee shots. But scrambling was good and putting DOBA with long ones of 20, 15 and 25 for par. Got windy at the end. Went to the range to work on wedges after.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 19 (4/20/21) - Worked on Day 4 and 5 drills from the 30-Day Practice plan. As it was in my yard, I used a whiffle ball rather than a real one. I feel like I am beginning to get a good feel for the various positions and better control of the low point of my swing. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 9 - April 20, 2021

Spent an hour and a half at the range working on my priority points and ball contact and putting, since I had a scheduled round today. I should have stayed at the range. Probably the worst round I have ever had. Disappointing. Nothing was going right. 

Dave

Day 490:

More work on shoulder turn/pitch priority piece. Did a bunch of COVID-19 day-2 drill, and then some slow full swings with rehearsals between balls.  After dinner I worked on flow, and found a feel for my left leg that works for getting the hips to slide away from target a bit at the start of backswing before moving back toward target. Hit some balls with full swing 6-iron, contact was solid and start line/launch angle were good. Finished with a bit of bead putting practice on a yardstick. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 58.  Today was a good day.  Took an extended break from work to go to a nearby golf course and putt for half an hour.  Unfortunately, most holes were cut near the edges of the green, but I was able to snag one in the middle for a few minutes at one point to do a 4-5' coin drill, and that only took me 19 putts to finish.  

I also hit about four dozen chips throughout the day, all indoors, off a mat, into a net, mix of 56 degree and U-Iron, focusing on contact.  I also hit a dozen full swings with my 6-iron, priority piece in setup and takeaway was that focus. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I guess I forgot to “submit reply” from yesterday:

“Day 2 - more grip work hitting a few 9i’s into net. Trying to set the grip in my left hand fingers perpendicular to the club and wrap hand around it more.”

Day 3 - more of the same this morning before heading into work

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 105 (21 Apr 21) - Pitches with the 53deg wedge today with the grandson in the back yard.   A good number were with right hand only, busy holding the phone while taking a call with the left, letting the club fall through the swing and pitching the ball about 20 yards to one of the holes cut in the backyard.  Think the call was just distracting enough to allow me to relax and let the action happen.   In reality this was about using the 5 "S's" of LSW - Only focused on letting the wedge fall, engage the bounce and pitch the ball a short distance.  Only had one ball out, so each shot meant taking time to walk to the ball and head back the other way.      

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 192: Went to the range for about 2 hours and worked on a bunch of stuff. Started with alignment and center-face contact work with various clubs. Then worked on driver ball position and start line. Moved on to short game work specifically on pitches and sand. Used the bunker to pitch over to four different flags with different clubs, LW through 9 iron. Flags ranged from 10 yards to 60 depending on angle. Sand work was similar to different flags using LW, SW and GW.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 20 (4/21/21) - Did the "30-Day Practice Plan" "Snapping Sticks" drill.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 10 - April 21, 2021

I think I did something wrong yesterday, and developed a jammed up muscle in my back after yesterday’s session. Took the day to work on grip. Watched and read the TST threads for grip suggested by my Evolvr coach. Finished off with some indoor chipping and putting. I need to completely redo my putting technique. What I have now is not working. Going to re-read The Art of Putting by Stan Utley and see if I can find what is off. 

Dave