Day 25 (4/27/21) - Orange Whip wedge for about 15-minutes of chipping and pitching action (in the yard with a real ball); hit chips and pitches with Glide 3.0 Eye-2 56* paying attention to the different mechanics of each shot. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge for 2018! Please read as the rules have changed! Yes, for all of 2018! I'm changing it up. Rather than do this monthly, we're going to hav

3/31/18: Day 365: The post you've all been waiting for.  I did some more work with my A4 to A5 drills. I know it seems like it's monotonous and stupid... But yesterday after I posted I

Day 1 Finally back doing the golf thing. Without going into a lot of detail, I lost strength in the legs for almost any activity, including standing and balance. After impressive work done by my

Posted Images

Day 197: Played 18 again. Managed better driving but chunked a few partial wedges, which is frustrating. I will need to film them and send them in to Evolvr. I was toeing my clubs in the first 9 but corrected for the second. That is also frustrating because I’ve been working on it. In practice, I’ve been hitting more toward the heel.

Day 16 - April 27, 2021

Great range session today! Spent 3.5 hours working through each shot my priority piece and added in the snap stick drill with each club. Really making great contact. Loving the new swing changes.... love having unlimited range balls too. Finished off the day with some putting work and drills at the practice green. Checked for any comments or input on my swing. Nothing yet. Will check back later. 

Day 111 (27 Apr 21) - played 9 holes of best ball today with men’s group.  A good way to work on the game without fear of having to play from bad lies.  Was able to focus on making solid contact, especially the fairway metals which I have struggled with lately.  Good part - roughly 70% of the shots the group played from my shots....

Day 497:

Backswing drills and rehearsals working on priority piece. Then hit foam balls with slow swings and more rehearsals between balls. 

Day 65.  This was another one of those long days.  But I was very happy I was able to relax afterward and wind down with 10 minutes of chipping in my practice room.   As always in this situation, I was working on good contact.

Day 198: Wedge day at the range. Worked on partial wedges and short irons then did some short game work.

Day 112 (28 Apr 21) - No full swings today for me, but rather flat stick bead drills using the white line on the putting mat.  I noticed yesterday that I was lifting my head to watch the ball instead of remaining locked in on where the ball started, resulting a few pushes.  Worked from 3' out to 5' - focusing on tempo and keeping the head in place.   Nothing like hearing the ball go "ka-thunk" in the plastic "hole" area of the mat ramp.   

Day 26 (4/28/21) - Range day....medium bucket (approximately 70 balls). I started by doing the "hips preset" drill with a 7-iron and after a couple of shots added an alignment rod perpendicular to line of my shot about 6-inches behind the ball, as described for low point control in LSW full shot practice section. I was familiar with the alignment stick drill having used in for chipping per a Padraig Harrington video.

It became distressing pretty quickly as I hit a series of tops, thins and a bunch of the "S-words". Funny thing, however, when I switched to hitting partial shots (approximately 9-3 or slightly more) with UW-8 irons I had improved low point control and hit these shots as crisp and solidly as I ever have, with a bit more distance than the last time out.

Then hit Drivers with the ball well forward in a closed stance as described in the "Launch It" chapter in LSW, also with really good results. 

Day 17 - April 28,2021

Another great day at the range. Continued work on what I did yesterday. Focus on priority piece: grip and deeper turn on the left side. Also worked again on Snap Stick drill to improve contact. I felt really good about the improvement. Starting feel the solid compression hit. Finished off the day with some lag putting and green reading. 

Day 498:

Did more takeaway/backswing practice today working on priority piece. Hit some foam practice balls, with lots of rehearsals between shots. Then moved onto real balls, and my net ripped, so hit some more foam balls. 

Day 66.  After work, I found 10 minutes to practice chipping (U-Iron, indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls), focusing on turning and hitting.  Also had five minutes for full swing with a 6-iron.  

Day 113 (29 Apr 21) - bump and run drills today with the 7i and PW in the backyard.  Shots limited to about 25yds max which is good.  Worked from all types of lies from hard pan (where the grass hasn't grown back from this past winter's outside drills) to tight lights (where I keep the grass mowed super short for grandson around the holes in the back yard) to deep lies (clover makes a good place for a ball to get "down in the grass").  Focus on keeping weight on front foot, no more than 1/2 swing and most of all not giving up on the swing but remaining committed.   I get to use real balls hear so I get to work on developing shot/muscle memory for when I am back on the course.  Had about half (total of 70 shots) come to a stop within readily makeable putt range (5' or less).  A number hit the harder pan of the yard in front of the pin and roll past the flag, still even those stayed easily within 15' of the hole.  Good morning's work - now to translate that confidence on the course.....

Da 199: Off day today. I did to a little feel work in the basement, but needed a break.