[placeholder:  I played, but I didn't post, so 5/1/21 is first missed day within the window.  Still on day 68]

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge for 2018! Please read as the rules have changed! Yes, for all of 2018! I'm changing it up. Rather than do this monthly, we're going to hav

3/31/18: Day 365: The post you've all been waiting for.  I did some more work with my A4 to A5 drills. I know it seems like it's monotonous and stupid... But yesterday after I posted I

Day 67.  Played in a club tournament.  Shot an 83 (no birdies, nine pars).  Three double bogeys:  a GIR + 4 putts, plus two three-putts after missing greens (one from sand, one from a short sided pitc

Posted Images

Day 202: Range work before my COVID shot. Focused on setup and center face contact. It was a bit frustrating because what works on my home net setup is off on grass. Plus the dry erase wasn’t working because the grass was wet. My swings felt good, but I was off center.

Day 116 (2 May 21) - Played 36 on another putt-putt course in Myrtle (celebration of grandson’s b’day).  Both courses had some serious elevation changes/undulations.  Great exercise in green reading and pacing of ball.  Also the had putters with metal heads and regular balls such as Bridgestone, Pinnacle, etc.  Ball more realistic coming off the head thing.  

Day 502:

Played 18 today. Worked in new rehearsal in pre-shot routine for recentering/flow and shoulder turn. Bad day scoring overall on account of two bad holes, but overall ball striking was better. Still a little inconsistent with start line. Short game was below average.

Day 30 (5/2/21) - Watched the Day 1 video for the 30-day practice plan and did the drills with intention and attention. Playing 18 tomorrow afternoon (it's great to be retired :-D) and will probably run through the drills again in the morning. Something which I determined that I did on Friday is Eric's warning about Seniors flipping the club inside and top up of the take away. Everything went really bad from there, so I want to ingrain the correct feeling. 

Day 69.  Thinking about yesterday, I could have used some better trouble/recovery shots and some UW chip shots.  So I spent about ten minutes on each of them earlier today;  indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls.  5-iron low quarter shots, UW quarter swings. 

Day 21 - May 3, 2021

Working on putting today with alignment, stoke and flow. Using Eye-line mirror alignment tool. Making some changes this week on golf direction. Waiting on responses from Evolvr.

Day 203: Off day. Moderna hangover. I did do a little chipping in the basement.

Day 117 (3 May 21) - On the course today - with plenty of scrambling around the greens with wedges and irons.  Focused on where I wanted the ball to land and roll out after.  Bounce drills from last  year's COVID 19 challenge came into play as a good number of the shots rolled to where I was left to putt at 10' or less.  The bad part is the course we were playing has challenging greens, not in undulations/slopes but they are in very rough shape.  You cannot be hesitant or the corncob surfaces will get you.  It teaches a consistent-confident putting stroke.  Of course if I ever play an ultra nice course, I won't know how to putt......

• Administrator

Day 492 - May 3, 2021

Played nine holes with Nat at Whispering Woods. Then it started raining.

Day 31 (5/3/21) - Played 18 today. I did a complete Jekyll and Hyde; 57 on the front, 46 on the back. More full swing motion work needed.

Day 503:

Did some work with Live View Pro camera and foam balls checking on shoulder turn priority piece. Still missing the mark on this one and doing too much with arms/hands and not turning shoulders. Will work on exaggerating shoulder feel more and record again tomorrow. 

Day 70.  Long day at work, but I was able to sneak out and practice quarter shots with my UW for about ten minutes (indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls).  Admittedly, this was done more to wind down and get my mind off of everything than practice, although that benefit was welcome too. 

Day 204: Rain let up so I got to the range and worked on setup, alignment and center face contact. Still a bit off to start. Finished with short game work, sand and green side chips.

Day 32 (5/4/21) - Raining today so for inside work I re-watched the "Shoulder Pitch" video (Day 2 of the 30-Day Practice plan) and did the drills. 

• Administrator

Day 493 - May 4, 2021

Kinda played nine holes today. DIdn't hit a bunch of putts or anything, just helped Natalie play along. Hit a good drive and a nice 5I to just shy of the third hole, a par five. Downwind more than usual. Not a lot of roll though.