IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 140 (29 May 21) - concerted work on putter tempo today using metronome app on phone.  Realized that I am more comfortable at 63bpm versus 68bpm.  Once settled on tempo - worked distances at 3’, 4’ and 5’ distances on the indoor putting mat....

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 4- May 29, 2021

Played 27 holes today. 45⁰ and cold. Shot about 5 over for the 27 holes. Couldn't get a gauge on the distance on how much the cold and damp was effecting the distance... I think I finally figured it out with about 3 holes left. 125 yard 9-irons and Nutting a wedge on 3 and knocking it the water, normally on a 70⁰ day the wedge makes it no problem... I learned my lesson on 8 and hit a stock 9-iron into a cold northeast breeze 123 yards to 15 feet. 5 bogeys, 1 double, 1 birdie, no sixes in 27 holes.

• Thumbs Up 1

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 528:

Worked on downswing with foam balls using LVP camera face on. Pretty happy with progress. Impact looks a little flippy when club face piece isn’t executed well, but getting better. Play 18 in the morning so we’ll see how it goes with real balls. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 228: Two miserable rainy, windy days in a row. No outside work but did work on stance and set up in the garage.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 529:

Played 18. Hit a bunch of really flush approach (iron) shots...after terrible tee shots. Putting/short game pretty good today. Need to work on clubface/downswing.

-Peter

Day 56 (5/30/21) - Second rainy day in a row.  Did slow motion, partial swings inside focusing on moving the club with my footwork, rather than my hands, focusing on getting a pendulum like motion back and forth with a good rhythm.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 141 (30 May 21) - worked on line drill with the 9i...focusing on making contact with the ground 1-2” after the line “mowing the grass” so to speak.  Much improved over a year ago when such drills were more about digging holes behind the line.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 5, May 30, 2021.

Indoor waist high to waist high swings, mainly focused on weight shift and balance. Hit some foam balls, which my cats enjoyed.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 96.  The medal play portion of my club's match play championship was today.  I played okay... 7 GIR, but a really bad stretch 9-10-11 (+8 total over that realm).  Qualified for the match play portion on the number.   Parred the first hole, something I did not do yet this year or in 2020 (about ten rounds total in that time, so this isn't as bad as it sounds).  Still no birdies at the home course this year, but I gave a few some good looks :-)  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 1 - after not touching a club (literally) for 2 weeks, I hit yesterday and give myself a B+ with irons, A w/driver.  This morning did a two ball drill (one ball 1/2” to outside of object ball) to reinforce and inside-out path as I’ve been coming more outside-in lately. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 6, May 31, 2021

Practiced the shorter feeling swing, with the focus of still getting the weight forward.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Day 142 (31 May 21) -  Came across some video/article stuff by Peter Croker and his swing method.  Figured I would try his process on chipping - focusing on the takeaway process, very similar to the Covid 30 Day challenge. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 57 (5/31/21) - Some chipping practice in the yard; slow full swings in the house earlier today.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 97.  I spent half an hour putting (on a real green).  6' drill first, took 45 putts to sink from the 12 positions -- this is awful (and indicative of my putting this past weekend).  I then took 16 to sink from 4', which is better but I need to work on that.

I also need to establish a plan for the rest of my putting.  GG tells me I can save something like three strokes a round if I improve my "10 to 33 foot" putts... not quite sure what to do for that :-)  I'll probably break it into 10-15' and also 25-33'. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 229: Finally stopped raining, so I filmed my swing and worked a bit on transition feel.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 520 - May 31, 2021

Stack System work and a bunch of mirror work re-emphasizing acceleration/deceleration points and overall tempo.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 530:

Did a little bit of pitching practice outdoors, and some bead putting practice indoors. 

-Peter

Day 230: Played 18 this morning with another player for a change. Played ok, but driver was squirrelly again. Went to the range after and worked on set up again.

Scott

My Swing Thread