IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 533:

Downswing work with dtl and fo camera recording, lots of rehearsals, hit real balls, slow feeling swings. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 233: Range and short game work today. Worked a bit on limiting EE, then moved onto ball position with the driver. Finished with about an hour of short game work for short chips to longer pitches. Tried different lies as well. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 146 (4 Jun 21) -  Rain finally eased this morning to where I could get out and hit 1/2 to 3/4 swing pitches and chips with the 7i.  Decided to take it to the next level as there is an old section of the railroad bed (roughly 250yds total distance) behind my house that is kept mowed to about 1-1/2 to 2" high.  The railroad bed has just enough mound in it that one can practice ball above feet, at feet level and below feet level.  The best part is that it makes for a great place to get full swings in without the thought of getting too close to homes/people/pets and provides a great "tunnel" at each end to focus on for a landing target.  The goal today was to think about how I ended the swing, i.e. hips, torso, arms, face club all facing down the line and getting the ball to land on the railroad bed.  I know this is key to keeping the ball from slicing, which has been my greatest struggle.  Today most shots landed on or just left of the bed when looking down the line.  The lefty landings were more pull than draw in shape.  Even the pushes were less than 10 yards off the target line.       

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 101.  At lunch, I spent over half an hour putting.  I did the 4' x 12 coins drill three times:  21, 21 and 19.  Not great.  I have a lot of work to do on these.  I also did the 25' "can you get three within 10%?" drill from LSW;  took me four attempts to get all 3 within that range.  I then moved back to 30' and tried, it took me three attempts.  At no point did I fail to get at least one within that, and I didn't have time to pull back further.  Either way, it's good I'm working on these. 

I also took, and will take, breaks from work to sneak to the adjacent room for some half and full swings, maybe some chips, but the above is for the challenge portion.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 524 - June 4, 2021

Played 18 holes (as much as one can when Natalie is preparing to play in a tournament).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 61 (6/04/21) - 9-hole league tonight. I had an up and down round which included 4 pars, 2 triples and a quad for a 47 (par 34). Need to get more consistent.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day Ten, June 4, 2021, National Doughnut Day!

Played 18 holes with my old clubs... Shot 39-38=77. Bogeyed 5 of the first 7 holes, and shot 1 over the rest of the way with a double on 14. 3 birdies, 7 bogeys and a double.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 534:

Hit real balls outside into a net. Started with Covid-19 day-5 drill, and then 9-3 swings, and then full swings (10 balls each). Lots of rehearsals between balls.

-Peter

Day 62 (6/05/21) - Various types of chips and finesse wedges in the yard, practiced hitting to specific landing spots.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day Eleven, June 5, 2021

Practiced some 10-2 feeling swings today. Focusing on weight shift.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 233: Bit of a rest day. Did spend a few minutes working on my driver alignment and set up.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 147 (5 Jun 21) - Worked on keeping the head still and down on wedges today.  Realized that I was lifting my head early on my wedges and irons (a carryover of early on when I would come out of the swing to make sure of where the ball was going).  Setup to hit 10yd pitches with the 58*.  Made the shot mentally and then executed it making sure to keep the weight forward and the head down until I heard the ball land.  Was impressed as to accurate the shots were - all within a 6’ dia circle.  Looking to have this translate in better distance and accuracy across the bag. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 535:

Did indoor putting bead practice while watching US Women’s open. 

-Peter

Day 102.  Played 18 holes, on a course where I have a match play round next week.  One GIR first nine, SIX GIR IN A ROW on the second nine (holes 10-15, inclusive).  I believe that's a personal best... so far :-) 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 536:

Played 18. Still working through full swing issues, but good short game and putting today kept the score decent. Lesson in a couple days to see where I’m going wrong.

-Peter

Day 103.  In line with a recent comment on Evolvr, I am working on the following.  I am still making sure I do the new-to-me setup from a few weeks ago.  I then, this was added today, make sure I stop my backswing (I'm using a 7-iron here) as per a picture I was given (as opposed to past parallel, which I have been reaching way too often).  This is done slowly.  I then reset and repeat, and after 2-3 repeats, if I did it well, I take a slow swing.  If I were on the range, I'd be trying to hit my 7-iron about 75 yards.  I've been given this challenge a few times before, and I've never quite done it on a slow full swing (at least, not on purpose).  It's tough but good feedback for me.  I did manage some swings that felt really good on this already, which I'm not sure how I feel about (I worry it means I went back to something instead of progressing).  This was all indoors, off a mat, into a net.  The first few were foam balls, the rest were real balls (assuming Top Flite Strata qualify as such, a thought I had today). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day Twelve, June 6, 2021

Work on hinge and hold with chipping and pitching after work.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

• Administrator

Day 527 - June 7, 2021

Practice downtown at Golf Evolution before some lessons and before graduation ceremonies tonight.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets