iacas

Day 533:

Downswing work with dtl and fo camera recording, lots of rehearsals, hit real balls, slow feeling swings. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 233: Range and short game work today. Worked a bit on limiting EE, then moved onto ball position with the driver. Finished with about an hour of short game work for short chips to longer pitches. Tried different lies as well. 

Day 146 (4 Jun 21) -  Rain finally eased this morning to where I could get out and hit 1/2 to 3/4 swing pitches and chips with the 7i.  Decided to take it to the next level as there is an old section of the railroad bed (roughly 250yds total distance) behind my house that is kept mowed to about 1-1/2 to 2" high.  The railroad bed has just enough mound in it that one can practice ball above feet, at feet level and below feet level.  The best part is that it makes for a great place to get full swings in without the thought of getting too close to homes/people/pets and provides a great "tunnel" at each end to focus on for a landing target.  The goal today was to think about how I ended the swing, i.e. hips, torso, arms, face club all facing down the line and getting the ball to land on the railroad bed.  I know this is key to keeping the ball from slicing, which has been my greatest struggle.  Today most shots landed on or just left of the bed when looking down the line.  The lefty landings were more pull than draw in shape.  Even the pushes were less than 10 yards off the target line.       

Day 101.  At lunch, I spent over half an hour putting.  I did the 4' x 12 coins drill three times:  21, 21 and 19.  Not great.  I have a lot of work to do on these.  I also did the 25' "can you get three within 10%?" drill from LSW;  took me four attempts to get all 3 within that range.  I then moved back to 30' and tried, it took me three attempts.  At no point did I fail to get at least one within that, and I didn't have time to pull back further.  Either way, it's good I'm working on these. 

I also took, and will take, breaks from work to sneak to the adjacent room for some half and full swings, maybe some chips, but the above is for the challenge portion.

Day 61 (6/04/21) - 9-hole league tonight. I had an up and down round which included 4 pars, 2 triples and a quad for a 47 (par 34). Need to get more consistent.

Day Ten, June 4, 2021, National Doughnut Day!

Played 18 holes with my old clubs... Shot 39-38=77. Bogeyed 5 of the first 7 holes, and shot 1 over the rest of the way with a double on 14. 3 birdies, 7 bogeys and a double.

Day 534:

Hit real balls outside into a net. Started with Covid-19 day-5 drill, and then 9-3 swings, and then full swings (10 balls each). Lots of rehearsals between balls.

Day 62 (6/05/21) - Various types of chips and finesse wedges in the yard, practiced hitting to specific landing spots.

Day 147 (5 Jun 21) - Worked on keeping the head still and down on wedges today.  Realized that I was lifting my head early on my wedges and irons (a carryover of early on when I would come out of the swing to make sure of where the ball was going).  Setup to hit 10yd pitches with the 58*.  Made the shot mentally and then executed it making sure to keep the weight forward and the head down until I heard the ball land.  Was impressed as to accurate the shots were - all within a 6’ dia circle.  Looking to have this translate in better distance and accuracy across the bag. 

Day 102.  Played 18 holes, on a course where I have a match play round next week.  One GIR first nine, SIX GIR IN A ROW on the second nine (holes 10-15, inclusive).  I believe that's a personal best... so far :-) 

Day 536:

Played 18. Still working through full swing issues, but good short game and putting today kept the score decent. Lesson in a couple days to see where I’m going wrong.

Day 103.  In line with a recent comment on Evolvr, I am working on the following.  I am still making sure I do the new-to-me setup from a few weeks ago.  I then, this was added today, make sure I stop my backswing (I'm using a 7-iron here) as per a picture I was given (as opposed to past parallel, which I have been reaching way too often).  This is done slowly.  I then reset and repeat, and after 2-3 repeats, if I did it well, I take a slow swing.  If I were on the range, I'd be trying to hit my 7-iron about 75 yards.  I've been given this challenge a few times before, and I've never quite done it on a slow full swing (at least, not on purpose).  It's tough but good feedback for me.  I did manage some swings that felt really good on this already, which I'm not sure how I feel about (I worry it means I went back to something instead of progressing).  This was all indoors, off a mat, into a net.  The first few were foam balls, the rest were real balls (assuming Top Flite Strata qualify as such, a thought I had today).