IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 238 (yesterday): Missed posting as I played 18 with @iacas and @billchao at Whispering Woods in the morning then drove 80mph back to Boston so I could get home at a reasonable hour. 

I have two full swing pieces to work on, lengthening and slowing down the backswing and some left knee work with not letting the hands turn over at A8. I focused on the first piece. We scored each shot 3 to 1 on how we felt we went through the process of preparing for the shot regardless of outcome. I have more work to do on this because I get fast and short a lot.

For putting, I am working on speeding up my rhythm a touch. I used a tempo app before the round at 72 bpm in 2/4 time to get it down. I will keep working on that.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 537 - June 17, 2021

Playing 18 holes later today at Lake View (walking, yay!) and will do my Stack swings later today, too. Today I see I'm starting out at 280g! WTF?!?!?!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day twenty-three, June 17, 2021.

Full swing practice with the feeling I’m staying on top of the ball. Mostly used a hybrid a foam balls to practice this feeling. I know feel ain’t real.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I am going to write more about this in the "stop conning yourself" thread later today because I am still conning myself, at least a little bit.

Day 114.  I went to the practice facility near me this morning.  I got some video of my long game practice routine and the picture has improved but not really finished changing.  I'm not sure if that's enough.  Also my slow swings aren't as slow as I thought they were, or I'm really misinterpreting the video.  I also did chipping and putting, including taking 15 putts to finish a 3' drill of coins.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 10 (17 Jun 21) -  Worked on shallowing the club on the downswing, using the 54* wedge.  Made pitches from 30yds to about 5yds.  Today will be last day of 5 mins daily for me as I will be visiting family fir a week and there won’t be opportunities to work on the game…May work on stretches and such.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 74 (6/17/21) - Slow motion swings with my driver trying to ingrain the feeling of hitting up on the ball.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 239: Worked on my new pieces for about 45 minutes and filmed them. They looked better than they felt.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 240: Worked on putting rhythm with a metronome in the basement for about 15 minutes. The worked on short game chips and pitches in the backyard for another 15.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day twenty-four, June 18, 2021

played 36 today

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 5.

Played 18.  Shot a 102 on a 71.8/124 6700 yard course i never played before.

Disappointed by the results.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• Administrator

Day 538 - June 18, 2021

Played 12 holes with Sculley. Mostly just practiced, all irons, no woods except a single driver off the first hole. Left wrist is going into that late A3.9 palmar flexion.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 75 (6/18/21) - Played 9 tonight with my 9-hole league and had my best 9 of the year, shooting a 41 (7 over the par 34). I had 3 pars and a birdie and if I hadn't had a triple on 16 due to an unplayable, could have broken 40. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 115.  I had a good idea this morning -- rather than checking that I'm only getting back to "45 degrees before parallel" on the backswing, I should exaggerate a shortened backswing (not absurdly so;  I'm not chipping) .  I did ten minutes worth of my usual routine with this in mind for the rehearsals (again, slow, or at least it feels slow).  Didn't get footage because of the room setup, and it was an 8-iron not a 7-iron, but I did get some practice in doing this. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 241: worked on my two piece for about 40 minutes today with 6 iron and 3W. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day Twenty-five, June 19, 2021

Got a putting lesson from my 7 year old. Sort of… we went mini-golfing today and I putted pretty well lol.

I actually practiced the 4-8-12 drill for 10-15 minutes this morning.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Day 116.  My golf room was occupied, but while watching the U.S. Open round on TV, I did practice my grip, stance, and putter swing on a rug in my living room (the room itself is hardwood, so I didn't practice there, and the ball was hit into a pillow when I hit a ball).  I did the coins drill from Stan Utley's The Art of Putting, where you have two dimes 3" in front of the ball and two quarters and a penny an inch or so behind.  The idea is to miss the coins on the backswing and hit the dimes on the way forward.  I had mixed results, two things occurred to me:

1.  I don't know if that's still what is recommended for a putting stroke.  I know from the obvious thread what pace is like in a good putting stroke, but I'm not sure I really know the rest.

2.  I don't know how to practice a putting stroke slowly or what that would even mean.  That seems like something worth learning.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 76 (6/19/21) - Practiced my putting stroke while the US Open was on.