IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 245: Long practice day today. Spent 1.5 hours at the range working on my new pieces and also some partial wedge shots. The short game area had a clinic, so I went to a nearby course and did about an hour of chipping, pitching, sand a putting. In the afternoon, I filmed my drills with driver and six iron.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day Twenty-nine, June 23, 2021

Played 9 today. Shot 38. Shit. Just shit.

Edited by onthehunt526
Apparently I can’t count.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 2:

More backswing practice with LVP camera while I continue to research an easy up/down net for practicing on my patio without compromising the new outdoor space.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 543 - June 23, 2021

Two things today:

1. Played 9 holes: https://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/3065509.
  2. Worked downtown on my swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/43987-my-swing-iacas/?do=findComment&comment=1542138.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 120.  Played 18 with some friends today.  Hit 6 GIR, shot an 88.  That 88 includes four sevens (holes 4, 5, 9, and 10), one of which included a tee shot O.B..  My short game was barely outside the 20 handicap range for strokes lost, which is encouraging because I had two stubs in there (which each cost more or less a full shot each) and my putting was inside the 20 handicap range, which I'm super happy about.  Strokes lost approach was 1.73, which is amazing.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 80 (6/24/21) -  

Chipping and Putting Practice - spent about 20 minutes on the practice green with my 58* wedge spot chipping to a target (my folded golf towel) 2,3 and 4 paces from the edge of the green, then hit 3 chips each to various holes trying to get the ball to within 4 feet of the hole (which I did about half the time). Then practiced lag putting, 3 balls each to different holes trying to get within 4 feet of the hole, which I did around 2/3s of the time. 

Range practice - 9-3 swings using my 7 and 8 iron and a noodle station; small bucket. Focused on keeping the club face facing the ground on the downswing and making good contact.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 121.  While I plan to do more practice later today, I've already done some.  I hit a dozen full swings (two slow practice swings, focusing on a setup priority piece at setup and my better backswing whose picture changed recently).  6-iron, indoors, off a mat, into the net, real balls.  I also hit about two dozen chip shots (less than quarter) with my new-to-me 54 degree sand wedge.  I plan to do more work later, but I'm not sure I'll have time to post later, so I wanted to make sure I got the daily challenge part in at least. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 246: Spent a few minutes on my A6 punch drill this morning in the basement.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 544 - June 24, 2021

Hit about 35 balls at Chautauqua before lessons today. The first four or five weren't great, so I really slowed down. I put a little stick between my feet and the ball to feel like my hands traced straight back. I almost felt like the handle went first, and the head stayed down by the ball for a split second, to help cup the left wrist. Then I hinged it up and out away from me, then just hit it. Sometimes after a pause. Lots of straight shots, more divots than usual, good session.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day Thirty, June 24, 2021

Played 18 holes today, shot 76 with a strained right tricep/shoulder.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 3:

Did more of the same stuff working on backswing priority piece, with LVP camera. Bought a net that’s supposed to go up/down easy, and measured my mat to cut it down to more portable strips for new practice area. 

-Peter

Day 122.  I spent an hour at the practice green at a nearby course this morning.  I did chipping with my LW, SW, and UI.   I also worked on 4', 6', 25', and 30' putts.  In all cases for putting, I was working on mechanics, not a particular drill, as I have been working on some changes to the putting stroke (timing related).

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 81 (6/25/21) - 9-hole league tonight. I shot 48 (par of the front 9 is 46) or roughly my handicap. Although I had some good shots, it was one of those "nothing particularly great, but nothing particularly bad" nights. I had no 7's, however, which is the first time in a long time. No triples, no 3-putts. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day thirty-one, June 25, 2021:

hit 10-12 8i today with the focus being to keep turning my shoulders and hips.

Edited by onthehunt526

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Day 4:

Same as previous 3 days (backswing with LVP camera). Also adjusted the grips on my irons. 

-Peter

Day 247: worked on my priority pieces for about 45 minutes.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 123.  In addition to berating myself for not bolding-and-redding my text yesterday, I went to a practice green for 30 minutes this morning.  I was working on having my putting stroke (recent changes) feel comfortable on the green, for both short and long putts.  I didn't do any drills, but I did hit several 4', 6', 9', 12', 15', 25', 30', and 35' putts, playing each out.  Focus on each depended on the length;  short ones, always attempting to make.  9'-15', attempt to make, and miss long rather than miss short when missing, while leaving a trivial (tap-in preferred) second putt.  After 15' (and I don't practice 20', except for pace before a round), the focus is on hitting the exact distance and getting the read right enough to leave an easy second putt.  

I got home and hit a dozen shots with a 6-iron in my indoor room.  All slow, just continuing to ingrain the changes, making sure the picture doesn't change back after the work I put in to change it in the first place. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 248: Worked primarily on my backswing length and tempo with 6 iron and driver.

Scott

My Swing Thread