IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 6 of 8: 

I worked on Short approach shots today 30-80 yards. Partial Wedge Range. My Primary drill is "bread crumbs" game. See how many balls I can fit between 30 and 80 yards (short shots are throwaways). I hit 6 twice. Thats not very good lol. Struggled with fat shots a lot today. guy left a half bucket in the spot next to me so I grabbed those and started working on hitting specific targets on the range, switching from target to target and finished with some full wedge shots. Meh day at best. Still must be standing too close to the ball cause I am hard pulling and hooking my full shots. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4/11/18:

Day 376:

Actually took a break from A4 to A5 work. Worked on my pitching motion, mostly trying to hit the ground and ball at about the same time. Just trying to keep it simple.

101 for 101 in 2018.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

DAY 142   Spent 15 minutes working with my Impact Ball and short club to improve my backswing sequence and positions.   Then went to the golf course and played 18 at Juliette Falls.   I have been working with the Super Speed System for a while and had my highest average driving distance of 229 yards.  Just encourages me to continue working with them.  Now to work on my wedge game too!!

• Administrator

Day 68- April 11, 2018 - Played nine holes at Whispering Woods with Ryan Matlock.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/2081046

Hit some dumb shots toward the end of the round, but it was windy, very, very windy.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 16 - Net work for about 45 minutes focusing on pitch elbow feel.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

(edited)

Day 56 - hit through the bag at the range with focus on steady head/ centered turn. 

THAT was fun - I have never hit the ball so well in my 16yrs of golf. Hit the 250 net in the air twice (awesome for me) and was accurate with irons...I would've been an asset on the TopGolf show.

...of course, had I actually played I'm sure I would've 3-putted six times;  never all comes together on same day

Edited by woodzie264

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Forgot to post it in here yesterday - played 18 holes and shot a career-low 74 at Royal St George's! Not a bad place to do it. Back to grinding from tomorrow as:

Day 15: Have a lesson today on short game with the pro who fitted my Edel wedges, just to check in on technique and work on bunker play a little. Then playing 18 at a new course. Target is to do better hitting greens from outside 100 yards.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Day 57 - did kettle bells swings for balanced weight shift and centered turns at gym this morning. Will also get some pitching work in this evening, but wanted to log while eligible and thinking about it. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 7 of 9: 

Completed the 4-8-12 putting drill from 3 locations on one the holes at the practice center while on my lunch break. 20-25 minutes of putting practice. 

4/12/18:

Day 377:

I continued work on my A4 to A5 drills today. Also re-reading LSW.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

• Administrator

Day 69 - April 12, 2018 - Practice downtown while filming a video.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 102. Verdict is in. Pinched nerve. Best not to aggravate it with full swings. No twisting of the spine till further notice. 

Spent more time on the practice greens. Focus was on just being out of doors, hitting the ball. Putted pretty too. Added a few putting stroked chips in there too. 

There's's something to be said about taking a quick look, and just stroking the ball. That way the conscious, and subconcious don't mess with each other....too much

:beer:

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 143    Spent 3 hours plus on the range working on downswing sequence... using drills from my GGGA Workbook.   Weather was fantastic today in the high 70s.

Day 103. Friday the 13th. 

Took my dogs for long walk this morning in a cool breeze. About 2 miles round trip. Up, and down hills.

Cardio, and exercise for my legs. Mostly for my legs. Need to keep them in shape for my golf game. 

Will probably make it to practice course later for chip, and putt practice. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

chipping and putting indoors if I cannot get outside everyday. Inside 100 yards is the key to golfing success!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, Billsy said:

Inside 100 yards is the key to golfing success!!!!!!!!!!!!

That couldn't be further from the truth.

Edited by klineka

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Day 57 - lag putting at work today with new putter. getting more consistent. Will hit tomorrow with my 8yo

-Jonny

DAY 144    Spent 3 hours on the range working on my downswing sequence using drills from my GGGA Workbook.   Also used the Level 1 Protocols from the Super Speed Training System.    Hit it long, so you can go low!! 

Edited by JuanTheGolfer