Sign in to follow this  
kpaulhus

Fowler Playing With Untucked Shirt

Rickie's Untucked Shirt  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Rickie's untucked shirt?

• Cool
    • Booo!
    • Don't care one way or the other

56 posts / 4091 viewsLast Reply

16 minutes ago, Lihu said:

That style of shirt is definitely the iconic middle aged Japanese Hawaiian male thing :-D

Although, Rickie's not middle aged, yet. He's possibly reaching out to his base?

Why not? It's all over So. Ca. :-)

Yup, I can relate to this one!

Also, you forgot Taiwanese. . .

Hawaii is also a big tourist destination for Asians.  Go to Honolulu sometime and you will see what I mean.

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Just now, Veteran Golf Fan said:

Hawaii is also a big tourist destination for Asians.  Go to Honolulu sometime and you will see what I mean.

I have family there (well, Maui), so, yeah, I know exactly what you mean :-D

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I have family there (well, Maui), so, yeah, I know exactly what you mean :-D

Have you played Wailea Evergreen?  One of the greatest and most picturesque courses I have ever played.  Every hole is like a picture postcard.

6 minutes ago, Veteran Golf Fan said:

Have you played Wailea Evergreen?  One of the greatest and most picturesque courses I have ever played.  Every hole is like a picture postcard.

Good conversing with you, but we're veering severely off the topic of Rickie Fowler and his untucked shirt. Which I voted looks cool. :-)

35 minutes ago, kpaulhus said:

Looks like the outfit he is wearing today is a normal shirt from his snapchat story, however still Hawaiian themed. 

I really don't care what he is wearing today.   I am interested in how he will play and if he makes some inroads on Leishman.  Rickie is a very good ball striker with a magical putting touch.  That exhibition of scoring at the Hero in the last round was something to behold.

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Fowler hits the reddit demographic:

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 4.48.43 PM.png

Funny cartoon.  Rickie is great young man, isn't prone to temper tantrums like throwing clubs in the pond or breaking clubs into pieces.  He has learned a lot from Butch Harmon and it should be a break out year for him.  He is also a big booster for the First Tee, one of the best programs around for teaching young kids about values, ethics, honesty and golf.

On 1/4/2018 at 3:23 PM, iacas said:

Well, it's a Hawaiian shirt. You don't tuck those in. It's not a polo. They just commented that "I don't think we'll see that outside of Hawaii" or something.

I'm undecided.

Agreed - HI shirts are un-tucked by definition. This is a non-controversy.

2 hours ago, Veteran Golf Fan said:

Funny cartoon.  Rickie is great young man, isn't prone to temper tantrums like throwing clubs in the pond or breaking clubs into pieces.  He has learned a lot from Butch Harmon and it should be a break out year for him.  He is also a big booster for the First Tee, one of the best programs around for teaching young kids about values, ethics, honesty and golf.

I swear every year for at least the past 5 years is Ricky Fowler year to break out. It would be nice to see but he just seems to struggle in last rounds of majors.

Edited by MuniGrit

I think it looked fine for where they are right now. If there was anything borderline, it was he probably could have had it buttoned one more up is all.

I voted 'don't care' (at this moment). Looks fine for Hawai. Don't know if I'd like it for a regular tournament, 
Definitely won't like to see him wear it in a major. 

At my club shirts are supposed to be tucked in at all times, so maybe I'm just accustomed that look...

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:25 PM, Big_in_Belgium said:

I voted 'don't care' (at this moment). Looks fine for Hawai. Don't know if I'd like it for a regular tournament, 
Definitely won't like to see him wear it in a major. 

At my club shirts are supposed to be tucked in at all times, so maybe I'm just accustomed that look...

Subsequent rounds had the conventional tucked shirts.  Someone said he did it to deflect the press from badgering him about the lack of majors on the resume'.  Seemed like it worked.

On 1/4/2018 at 8:45 PM, Ernest Jones said:

I voted "cool", but I don't tuck in my golf polos ethier, so what the **** do I know. 

Yep I brake a lot of dress rules too !!!!!!!!!