IGNORED

Original Great Big Bertha

fishgolf
Note: This thread is 1202 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:08 PM, billchao said:

Did you compare the numbers between the G400 irons and your Eye 2s? That should already give you a pretty good idea what upgrading will do for you.

After yesterdays round of 80, my best this year, I see absolutely no need to change irons.  I hit the G400 5 and 7 and think they were carrying a little further than mine, but not $1000 worth.  I'm thinking the grips on those may have made them feel so different/nice.  I had my PE2's re-gripped with the Ping cord style which have little give. 

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

• 4 weeks later...

All I can say to anyone reading this thread is do not do what I did and be an old school holdout.  Ever since buying the new driver, I have dropped my scoring into the mid 80's and it is largely due to longer drives and way more forgiving mishits.  Everyone had been telling me that the new technology would offer that for years, but my stubborn Irish/German heritage simply resisted.  I only wish I had made the change years ago...wow! 

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

The GBB was my first driver, but switched to Callaway XR driver and the increased forgiveness alone has been worth it.  Hit the XR a bit further, but not a lot.  

• 2 years later...
On 3/10/2018 at 10:46 PM, fishgolf said:

All I can say to anyone reading this thread is do not do what I did and be an old school holdout.  Ever since buying the new driver, I have dropped my scoring into the mid 80's and it is largely due to longer drives and way more forgiving mishits.  Everyone had been telling me that the new technology would offer that for years, but my stubborn Irish/German heritage simply resisted.  I only wish I had made the change years ago...wow! 

Well, what did you get? Driver technology  hit another level in the last 8 years. I own the G400max from Ping and it is amazing. I did not realize it but I read it has some draw bias built in and it works perfectly for me. I just got my wake up call with irons. I've used the Callaway X14s since the year 2000.  I'm a 6 hdcp that has always used cast irons with offset. I like them. I'm 65 now and tried the Big Bertha B21 irons and I love them. Over a club longer and straight as hell with the fake RCH 65i graphite shafts. They are surprisingly awesome.  These clubs will open up my bag for another club of my choice. With the Ping driver that I hit in fairways 99% of the time, these irons will get me closer to scratch., I'm sure of it. Yea I had the GBB and won many a tournament back in the day with it. It was so much fun to hit. I had the 9 degree firm flex titanium head. 

Note: This thread is 1202 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!