IGNORED

Restroom during class time?

Missjem
Note: This thread is 2278 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Toilet breaks during lessons  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should kids be allowed to go to the bathroom during lessons?

Yes I would.  If you gotta go...you gotta go.  While there may be other motives involved; the default position should be that they are telling the truth.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes.  I would.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

18 minutes ago, Missjem said:

I am a primary school teacher (Year 2). I don't let children visit the toilet during lessons. Would you have a problem with the rule for your child?

Depends upon if you don't mind smelling the consequences of such a rule. :-D

Yeah, bad rule. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Yeah, if the youngster says they have to go, you need to let them. Maybe they might get one over on you once in a while, but in the long run it's best to let them go.

If you think a youngster is fooling with you, have a talk with the parents. 

Another thing. Besides the obvious hygene issues that might occur, are you, your principal, and your school district prepared to handle the possibility of medical, legal issues, such as urinary, or bowel infections that your rule might cause? Diabetes?

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I added a poll.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Yes, let them go. Seriously? I don't understand why this is even a question. Who would deny someone the right to go to the restroom?

Doesn't mean they get to make up the time later, though, either.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ditto what everyone else says. I would be livid if a teacher did not allow my child to go to the bathroom. If it turns into an "issue" address the parents.

Did we just get "punked"? :-O

In My Bag:

• iacas changed the title to Restroom during class time?
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, Missjem said:

No, just standard school lessons. I am a primary school teacher (year 2).

This is a golf forum. It’s a reasonable assumption. You should be clearer.

My answer remains the same.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

22 hours ago, Missjem said:

I am a primary school teacher (Year 2). I don't let children visit the toilet during lessons. Would you have a problem with the rule for your child?

Of course I would.  If a kid has to go to the bathroom they have to go.  Would you like to be told that you can't use the restroom if you have to really go?  And will you change their clothes if they piss or shit themselves?

I believe the general consensus is quite obvious. 

On 1/19/2018 at 10:00 PM, Patch said:

Did we just get "punked"? :-O

possibly.....

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Yes they should be allowed to go. My wife is a grammar school maths teacher and they let all pupils use the bathroom if they need to. Its usually once during the course of a lesson the school permits them to leave the class unless they have a medical exemption or are unwell.

Many (id hope all schools) allow the pupils to drink water during class to keep them hydrated so chances are they will need to spend a penny at some point. When i was at school it was breaktimes only and there were a few instances i remember, especially in year 7 (11 year olds), of a few kids who needed the loo and being denied then wetting themselves in class. That sort of humiliation stays with a child for some time.

Being able to use the toilet is a basic human right, plus trying to hold it in can lead to bladder problems and urinary infections.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

So Missjem, after all this great advice, are you going to let the youngsters do their thing when needed? 

In My Bag:

Note: This thread is 2278 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!