iacas

Your Golf Game - The Uplifting Topic

190 posts / 37206 viewsLast Reply

On 3/23/2019 at 7:01 PM, tehuti said:

I got my first hole-in- one today. Par 3 first hole, Birch Hills GC.

4B9D8106-15FD-4045-8A86-6B65194EE2D1.jpeg

30225D9A-12A4-42FF-B8FC-551BF30BBC56.jpeg

Congrats!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I can play again! Last November I tore a bicep tendon (didn’t realize it at the time).  I tried to play a couple days after it happened, I hit an iron on the 2nd hole and hit the ground like I was shot lol. Like most guys I told myself it would get better if I left it alone but of course it didn’t. Fast forward to the third week of December when I finally had it diagnosed and had surgery to reattach the tendon.  Well, Sunday will be my first full 18 in four months! I’ve been out there messing around with the wedge and putter and two weeks ago I (played) 18 but I moved the ball out of any heavy rough and bunkers.

I have my last visit with the surgeon today and my first official round on Sunday. I’m sure it won’t be pretty and you know what? I don’t care! I get a day on the course with my son and that’s what matters.

Edited by jetsknicks1

35 minutes ago, jetsknicks1 said:

I have my last visit with the surgeon today and my first official round on Sunday. I’m sure it won’t be pretty and you know what? I don’t care! I get a day on the course with my son and that’s what matters.

Wonderful! Went through a time from October '17 to about April '18 when I couldn't play golf; then the injury flared up again a couple of times since then. I haven't fully recovered my HC, but the courses are so much more beautiful when you go back after an enforced absence. Wonderful! Thanks for reminding me! Best, -Marv

Took my 5yr old son for his first taste of a real golf course on Saturday.

We played a local 9 hole course, i played tee to green and he chipped, putted (drained a 20 footer then told me to "follow that Dad!") and loved getting the ball out of the bunkers (SW from greenside bunker to 10ft!!). Never thought i'd see someone so happy to be in a bunker!!

He loved it, I played really well and we cant wait to get out again. Next time he wants his driver as the 3 tee shots he hit with his little 7 iron were fun to watch.

All in all the best afternoon of golf i've ever had.

Outing in Atlanta. Knocked 20 strokes off my 3-day score from last year and won closest to the hole on a tough par-3 over water. 

Feeling good about my game.  

Edited by gjunkie57

I had a very good round with my short game the other day. That was nice. Around the greens, I'm usually pretty good, but everything seemed to click with my SW and putter. Of course, the overall score wasn't great, but that wasn't because of the short game (irons and driver were very inconsistent). 

I'm starting to really enjoy this game. My last two rounds have been 81 & 82 (18) at this little executive course near my house (par 62 --- 66 /107 ratings; my regulation course is 69.1 / 124 from the tees I play) for 18; so like this is averaging out to be mid 90's at a regulation course). My short game has really been outstanding; good, consistent chipping and two putting. 

Also, I'm just madly in love with my Ping Eye 2 irons! 

A buddy of mine gave me a Bobby Jones 460cc black driver today and I played absolutely great with it! Highlight of today's round, however, was a beautiful 3 wood onto a par 3 that landed about 7-8 feet from the hole. There must have been a closest to the pin challenge earlier in the morning, because a marker was out there. My shot would have won it today had I been there to play in it 🙂

Overall, really solid round. Still some inconsistencies with iron play, but it's getting the better (the last three holes were really good with my 6, 7, 8, and W).