IGNORED

Costco Kirkland Ball

Note:Β This thread is 2026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

• 5 weeks later...

Kirklands are back, if anyone is interested. Β I ordered another 4 dozen.

Also now they have a cheaper 3 piece ball.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H,Β Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Β 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 minutes ago, davechen said:

Kirklands are back, if anyone is interested. Β I ordered another 4 dozen.

Also now they have a cheaper 3 piece ball.

Members only

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.Β Β  I'm Denny

Ordered 4 dozen of the 4 piece on Tuesday, and received them today. Never played a Kirkland ball before. I'll try them out tomorrow.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

I lost my first sleeve of the 4 piece ball playing 9 today. Β DroppedΒ 2 in the creek on hole #2 and the last on at #8. So I don’t know if I’ll like them yet!

Played with them the first time on Saturday. They felt like I was hitting a rock. For some reason I couldn't control it. Ended up shooting a 45 for the first 9 holes. I then switched to my normal SuperSoft ball, and shot a 40 on the back. Now, that said, I played yesterday with them, shot a 36 in the front and a 40 in the back. They still feel like rocks. Not sure if I'll keep them.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

I like the 4 piece ball a lot. Β  I think they're a really good golf ball for a dirt cheap price ($15/dz) and they have performed very well for me.Β  I have no experience with the 3 piece ball.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by Marty2019

At my local Costco here today there were Callaway Hex Soft balls for sale; $29 for 2 dozen.Β  Even though I didn't need to buy golf balls, I bought 'em!!Β Putted them around and found them to be really soft; next test is distance when I play this weekend.Β  Looked for the 4-piece ball but it was not available.Β  Anyone try the Callawya Hex Soft ball out on the course?

Driver:Β Taylormade M3Β (9o) with Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 Stiff-flex shaft.Β  3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics CB2 (15o)Β with Fujikura Regular-flex

3H:Β Tour Edge (18o) with R-flex 80g shaft.Β  4H: 22oΒ  Taylormade Rbz Stage 2 with R-flex shaft.

Irons (5-PW): Titleist 804os with True Temper reg. flex shaft.Β  Wedges: 50oΒ degΒ Titleist SM-7 12oΒ bounce F grind, 56oΒ (bent to 54o) Cleveland RTG sand wedge, Cleveland RTX-3 CB 58o wedge 9o bounce.

Putter: TaylorMade Ghost Monte Carlo w/Super Stroke 2.0 grip

Β 

I saw the 4 piece and 3 piece the other day and thought about getting them. I realized that I have too many prov's and chrome softs currently to justify it. I heard the 4 piece is like a rock feel off the club.Β 

Trollin' is the life

I am a higher handicap golfer and not a high ball hitter, but when I play a Prov1 I hit moonshots with my irons and come up short.Β  A Tour ball was not designed for a golfer like myself but I still bought 2 dozen because of the hype. I will give them a try - I did like the RBZ U and Maxfli U/3 so who knows.Β  Β 

Well, I purchased four dozen four piece Kirkland balls and will try them this Friday. Along with a new ball I'm hitting new irons, (Cleveland HB Launchers), so it should be interesting especially given it is Friday the 13th. My expectations are not to high given I haven't played in two months although I have been to the driving range with the new irons. I'll let you know how I make out, wish me luck.

Playing 18 on Friday but went out today and played 9 as a warm up. Hit the Kirkland four piece ball and really liked them, definitely added yardageΒ  to my drives and felt good around the greens, chipping and putting. Not sure why some say they feel like hitting a rock, I did not feel that at all and it was a little cold when we played. Summer time I anticipate the ball to react even better.

On 4/9/2018 at 6:18 AM, Rkrider99 said:

Played with them the first time on Saturday. They felt like I was hitting a rock. For some reason I couldn't control it. Ended up shooting a 45 for the first 9 holes. I then switched to my normal SuperSoft ball, and shot a 40 on the back. Now, that said, I played yesterday with them, shot a 36 in the front and a 40 in the back. They still feel like rocks. Not sure if I'll keep them.

I have to second that.Β Β  Tried the 4-piece today; itΒ felt like a rock to me as well.Β  It ran much further on wedge shots than my NXT or ProV1s and sounded and felt a little hard on putts as well.Β  I was a little surprised; didn't feel comfortable with them.Β  Maybe this new batch of the 4-piece isn'tΒ like the earlier ones that got rave reviews.

Driver:Β Taylormade M3Β (9o) with Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 Stiff-flex shaft.Β  3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics CB2 (15o)Β with Fujikura Regular-flex

3H:Β Tour Edge (18o) with R-flex 80g shaft.Β  4H: 22oΒ  Taylormade Rbz Stage 2 with R-flex shaft.

Irons (5-PW): Titleist 804os with True Temper reg. flex shaft.Β  Wedges: 50oΒ degΒ Titleist SM-7 12oΒ bounce F grind, 56oΒ (bent to 54o) Cleveland RTG sand wedge, Cleveland RTX-3 CB 58o wedge 9o bounce.

Putter: TaylorMade Ghost Monte Carlo w/Super Stroke 2.0 grip

Β 

Played another 9 today and found the cover on one of the balls I was using had cut, probably from a wedge, (who knows). Anyway I'm starting to be concerned with the durability of the ball, we'll see. Got four dozen to go through.

Concerned about the distance I'm getting with these balls, I feel I need to club up on each shot. Maybe because the balls are cold, (I'm playing when the temps are in the 40s). We'll see what happens when it warms up. Playing tomorrow and it is suppose to be in the 60s.

Note:Β This thread is 2026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!