IGNORED

The Hanger by Watson Golf

iacas
Note: This thread is 2122 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Got mine in yesterday and took it to the range last night. Started with a 7 or 8 iron and was doing slow pitches and worked my way up to full normal speed shots. I really really like this. 

I was consistently hearing and feeling a much more solid sound at impact and was noticing a higher ball flight. I have never hit so many balls flush in a single range session.

When I took the hanger off, the shots were still solid and it was easy to pretend like the hanger was still there. I know that my flip has not entirely been fixed in a single range session, but its definitely off to a solid start and definitely like this product so far.

Here is a before and after picture right around impact. 

IMG_20180419_190225.thumb.jpg.6ed938b07fb67988905f5372d58252c0.jpg

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Those aren’t really the same points in the swing. Left one is well after impact, no?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

Those aren’t really the same points in the swing. Left one is well after impact, no?

I think the left might be just after impact.

With the shadow that my body created in the video yesterday, the slow motion app wasn't quite as good as it was in the left video and seemed to capture at a slightly slower rate with a lot of shaft bending in the frames. I didnt realize it until I looked at the videos in more detail later.

Definitely still a work in progress, and a really small sample size but I cant complain about the ball striking and the feelings it is helping me create so far. 

The only minor critique I have so far is that I have to grip maybe 1/2" lower than I'm used to since the plastic from the hanger extends down the grip just a bit. Not really that big of a deal.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

On 11/2/2018 at 9:12 PM, colin007 said:

Mucho interestingsante

Do you mean.. "Muy InterestingSante" ?? 

On 20/4/2018 at 6:20 PM, colin007 said:

Correct. Muchos thanksos.

Jaja no! Muchas thankcias is correct

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Has anyone used a training grip with The Hanger? Just wondering if it will fit on the grip properly. I’m wanting to get a couple of training grips and put them on a couple of my old irons to use on the range during training sessions. I’m struggling with squaring the face at contact so I tend to cast my hands and/or change my grip to try and get the club back to square. 

Thanks for any help! 

In my bag:
Driver - Callaway X 460 Tour stiff, 3 Wood - Callaway Diablo 15° stiff, 7 Wood - Callaway Diablo 21° stiff, Irons - Ping Zing black dots 5-SW regular steel, Putter - Ping Anser, Ball - Titleist Pro V1, Bag - Callaway X22 Red stand bag, Shoes - Nike Air Zoom Elite II bronze

I am of the opinion those molded training grips, although a good place to start, as hand placements on the club, do not fit everyone's swing. 

I am a prime example of my opinion. I have a practice club, (5i) molded with the Vardon grip, that I swing sometimes. The one that shows the thumb, and pointer finger line pointing towards the my left shoulder area. This is a great, and in most cases, a correct golf grip. However, on my gamer grip, those same lines point at my sternum. Had this grip for decades, and I square the club up pretty well. It's a variation of the Vardon grip, just turned more left on the grip. 

As for that "Hanger" gizmo, I knew a guy who used a wire clothes hanger that did basically the same thing. This was back in the 1980s. He helped alot golfers to improve their games. I'd say this "Hanger" couldn't hurt when used properly. I don't know if it would fit a molded grip though.. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

The clothes hanger works fine for a few swings. If you hit a lot of balls your hands become fatigued (even cramp) from having to grip both the club and the hanger. Also, you tend to wear a blister on your non glove hand because the clothes hanger, when molded, leaves a sharp edge on the bottom. I’m also afraid it leads to tension in your arms when swinging because of the added grip pressure.  The use of the Watson Golf hanger just allows you to use your normal grip. 

In my bag:
Driver - Callaway X 460 Tour stiff, 3 Wood - Callaway Diablo 15° stiff, 7 Wood - Callaway Diablo 21° stiff, Irons - Ping Zing black dots 5-SW regular steel, Putter - Ping Anser, Ball - Titleist Pro V1, Bag - Callaway X22 Red stand bag, Shoes - Nike Air Zoom Elite II bronze

Note: This thread is 2122 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!