IGNORED

2018 Genesis Open (Riviera, Hogan's Alley)

Bucki1968
Note: This thread is 2255 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 hours ago, nevets88 said:

This under 30 minute highlight package sums up 3.5 hours of coverage, which imho is unwatchable in real time.

Why was it unwatchable? It was a good tournament in my opinion.

Trollin' is the life

I have a certain affection for Bubba. An idiosyncratic and rather fascinating golfer.

I hope he brings his "A" game to the Masters a few weeks from now. Bubba Masters victory #3 would be the most exciting outcome for the tournament!

Edited by ScouseJohnny

4 minutes ago, Dufferpauly said:

Uh, crying like a baby after winning the LA Open is pretty weak...

After winning it three times?  Bubba is a nice guy.  He gets emotional.  So what?  When he is on his game there is no one more fun to watch.  

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Patrick Cantlay might be a modern day Ernie Els. Forget the follow through moves, he is so smooth through the ball. 

Except when he's falling off balance! You could just tell when he was going to fall off of his feet and flare one to the right, That's where all the trouble was! Yes, he has skills, but I don't know what was going on with him on Sunday! It was like he was flinching away from the trouble and wound up there anyway.

1 hour ago, Dufferpauly said:

Uh, crying like a baby after winning the LA Open is pretty weak...

He may be a goof ball and a bit of a known prick but he is fun to watch play golf. He tries shots nobody does. Who else plays number 1 there one day with a 70 slice and one day with a bunt cut that never got 10 feet off the ground. DJ was laughing his ads off at that shot.

Edited by MuniGrit

Trollin' is the life

9 hours ago, Piz said:

After winning it three times?  Bubba is a nice guy.  He gets emotional.  So what?  When he is on his game there is no one more fun to watch.  

Yeah, I’m sure Ben Hogan and Lloyd Mangrum cried like girls too...

12 hours ago, MuniGrit said:

Why was it unwatchable? It was a good tournament in my opinion.

Commercials, non golf fluff. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 minute ago, colin007 said:

I'll risk an :offtopic:warning to say that I wholeheartedly disagree.

Fair enough.  He seems that way to me...and that is all I have to go on.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Tony Finau is like the anti Bubba Watson, he has like 1/2 his backswing. Did Kostis analyze his swing? I think he did, he didn't really say much about it. It would have been fun to see TF and BW paired up.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Tony Finau is like the anti Bubba Watson, he has like 1/2 his backswing. Did Kostis analyze his swing? I think he did, he didn't really say much about it. It would have been fun to see TF and BW paired up.

Love Tony...it's baffling to try and figure out where that power comes from

Colin P.

8 hours ago, Dufferpauly said:

Yeah, I’m sure Ben Hogan and Lloyd Mangrum cried like girls too...

Lloyd Mangrum was kind of a jerk, though, so I'm not sure that I would use him as a reference. I believe that Hogan, once he was out of his playing days and into his sixties, would disagree about crying being bad. The man softened immensely. 

Plus, even if you take at face value that Hogan and Mangrum or anyone other player from that era thought crying was bad, that doesn't make them right. Crying isn't a bad thing.

Bubba had a difficult two years professionally, and has finally drug himself back to the winner's circle. That's amazing. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Piz said:

Fair enough.  He seems that way to me...and that is all I have to go on.

He’s not particularly well liked… by reasonably large groups of people.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, iacas said:

He’s not particularly well liked… by reasonably large groups of people.

I think officially (unofficially) least liked guy on tour according that poll from a year or two ago. ;-)

I’ve wanted to like him through the years but he makes it really hard. I’ve settled for indifference towards him. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, skydog said:

I think officially (unofficially) least liked guy on tour according that poll from a year or two ago. ;-)

I’ve wanted to like him through the years but he makes it really hard. I’ve settled for indifference towards him. 

Yeah, I've never had a particularly positive interaction with him… but why should he give a shit about me? I'm just a media member/instructor/fan (depending on the situation), and he is there to do his job.

I don't care one way or the other about him.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

16 hours ago, colin007 said:

Love Tony...it's baffling to try and figure out where that power comes from

Here:

https://thesandtrap.com/b/training/sklz_golf_strong_video_program_review

Finau.jpg

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2255 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!