Jump to content
lastings

So I guess I'm an Arccos owner now!

12 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Gather round, y'll..   I've got a story to tell..   

 

So after work last night, I was over at the PGA superstore hitting balls, as I do in the winter.  Once a week they have a 9-hole league on one of the simulators.   I don't participate in these, but I usually stop by and watch for about 5 minutes.  I was watching last night, and separately they also had a promotion going.   On the next simulator over they had a par 3 set up.   Closest to the pin for the evening wins like a $40 gift card or something like that.  Then I noticed that this little contest was not just for members of the night 9-hole league, but for any PGA superstore players club members.   I glanced at the hole and saw it was 165 yds, and a 7-iron just happened to be one of the clubs I brought in that day, so I was like, perfect!   You get 3 shots.   my first shot I caught a tad bit thin and it landed on the front apron.   2nd shot a slight pull draw but landed on the left side of the green 28ft from the pin.   Leader for the night was at 13 ft.  I knew I could do better.   I was literally just dialing in my 7-iron 20 minutes before.   My next shot, I hit absolutely perfectly.  center-face, started out a few yards right, draw back to the middle.. a couple bounces, rolll aaaaaaaaaannnnnnndddd.........     HOLE IN ONE!!

here's the best part.   What I didn't notice about the promotion was that anyone that gets a hole in one wins not a $40 gift card but, instead, a brand new Arccos 360!  hooray!   A $250 win!
Additionally I was told that I was the first hole in one in any of these promotions that they have done in the 2+ years they have been open.   nice!

so, while I was planning on going with the new game golf once it comes out, I think I'll stick with the free option.  much better deal!

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

1 minute ago, lastings said:

Gather round, y'll..   I've got a story to tell..   

 

So after work last night, I was over at the PGA superstore hitting balls, as I do in the winter.  Once a week they have a 9-hole league on one of the simulators.   I don't participate in these, but I usually stop by and watch for about 5 minutes.  I was watching last night, and separately they also had a promotion going.   On the next simulator over they had a par 3 set up.   Closest to the pin for the evening wins like a $40 gift card or something like that.  Then I noticed that this little contest was not just for members of the night 9-hole league, but for any PGA superstore players club members.   I glanced at the hole and saw it was 165 yds, and a 7-iron just happened to be one of the clubs I brought in that day, so I was like, perfect!   You get 3 shots.   my first shot I caught a tad bit thin and it landed on the front apron.   2nd shot a slight pull draw but landed on the left side of the green 28ft from the pin.   Leader for the night was at 13 ft.  I knew I could do better.   I was literally just dialing in my 7-iron 20 minutes before.   My next shot, I hit absolutely perfectly.  center-face, started out a few yards right, draw back to the middle.. a couple bounces, rolll aaaaaaaaaannnnnnndddd.........     HOLE IN ONE!!

here's the best part.   What I didn't notice about the promotion was that anyone that gets a hole in one wins not a $40 gift card but, instead, a brand new Arccos 360!  hooray!   A $250 win!
Additionally I was told that I was the first hole in one in any of these promotions that they have done in the 2+ years they have been open.   nice!

so, while I was planning on going with the new game golf once it comes out, I think I'll stick with the free option.  much better deal!

 

 

So if someone asks you if you ever got a hole in one what is the answer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, inthecup said:

So if someone asks you if you ever got a hole in one what is the answer?

I'm not asking for the hole-in-one badge or the eagle badge, if that answers your question...   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 minutes ago, lastings said:

so, while I was planning on going with the new game golf once it comes out, I think I'll stick with the free option.  much better deal!

Sell it and buy the new GG, or get the current LIVE and pocket the extra money.

The Arccos still weighs a bit too much and uses your phone too much, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

20 minutes ago, iacas said:

Sell it and buy the new GG, or get the current LIVE and pocket the extra money.

The Arccos still weighs a bit too much and uses your phone too much, IMO.

Yup, my golfing buddy had the Arccos 360 and couldn't get through the round on his phone battery. He also ended up having to make a bunch of corrections. Tried it a couple times then returned it. He picked up the GG Live (as did I) when it got discounted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

31 minutes ago, lastings said:

I'm not asking for the hole-in-one badge or the eagle badge, if that answers your question...   

No, nothing to do with badges, just curious.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 minutes ago, inthecup said:

No, nothing to do with badges, just curious.  

definetely no.   maybe I'd consider it if it was just one swing, but three shots at it definitely doesn't count. 

40 minutes ago, iacas said:

Sell it and buy the new GG, or get the current LIVE and pocket the extra money.

The Arccos still weighs a bit too much and uses your phone too much, IMO.

well..  I mean, i have it now, so I might as well try it.   I don't have to worry about phone battery as I have an iphone battery backup case.  my phone can last like 3 days without a charge.    I'm playing a round in early march, so I'll try it out then.   If i have issues, or don't like it, they are going for like $200 used on ebay.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, lastings said:

definetely no.   maybe I'd consider it if it was just one swing, but three shots at it definitely doesn't count. 

well..  I mean, i have it now, so I might as well try it.   I don't have to worry about phone battery as I have an iphone battery backup case.  my phone can last like 3 days without a charge.    I'm playing a round in early march, so I'll try it out then.   If I have issues, or don't like it, they are going for like $200 used on ebay.   

The Arccos battery might only be an issue with people with non-plus types or without the battery case you have. My 6S plus has never had any battery issues, and I sometimes play "Golf Clash" or "Angry Birds" while waiting for shots. :-D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I also have a battery case and have no problems.

 

Funny I went over to the Game Golf Website and they are going to launch game golf pro.  Looks very similar to Arccos.  Not a lot in info there.

I am not a fan of the red thing on my belt in theory, never tried it..  I take enough crap about the technology I use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congratulations @lastings on that hole in one...and on becoming an Arccos user! As you get set up and head out for your first round with our system, feel free to reach out to us at Starter@arccosgolf.com with any questions or feedback or check out the quick start guides on our website. 

To address some of the posts in this thread regarding Arccos weight and battery usage, hopefully I can help there. The Arccos 360 sensor has a swing weight of 1, so most players never even notice, and if that is an issue, we are coming out with Smart Grips this year that will have sensors integrated directly into the grip, similar to the new Cobra F8 grips. 

As for battery life, battery usage is very device and operating system dependent, but most players with the latest iPhone or Samsung Galaxy devices have no issues completing a round with battery to spare. For example, in January, the average iOS 360 user used 2.02% battery per hole played or 36% over 18 holes. This obviously can change based on a number of factors such as length of round played, age of phone, the use of other apps, email, messaging, etc. during the round, but gives you a sense of what to expect. That said, we're always working to improve in this area and have app updates planned shortly that will have significant battery usage improvements.

@hilmar2k - Do you happen to know if your friend had our first generation or Arccos 360 system? We see minimal need to edit during/after rounds aside from putts (tap-ins etc) and infrequent situations like 2 shots from the same bunker (OK, maybe not as infrequent as some of us would like), but would love to help troubleshoot, if possible. 

We know there are a lot of dedicated Game Golf users on here, and we're happy to have others in the space recognizing the value of performance data to help golfers get more out of their game, but we wanted to clear up these questions about Arccos directly. If anyone on this thread has any other specific questions or comments, just reply here or send a DM, as we always look forward to connecting with golfers like all of you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ArccosGolf said:

 

@hilmar2k - Do you happen to know if your friend had our first generation or Arccos 360 system? We see minimal need to edit during/after rounds aside from putts (tap-ins etc) and infrequent situations like 2 shots from the same bunker (OK, maybe not as infrequent as some of us would like), but would love to help troubleshoot, if possible. 

 

He had the Arccos 360. The other issue he had was having to keep his phone in a specific pocket. I'm not sure he gave the system a completely fair shake before returning it, but he definitely had some issues with it. Not a huge fan of batteries in the sensors, either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

22 minutes ago, hilmar2k said:

He had the Arccos 360. The other issue he had was having to keep his phone in a specific pocket. I'm not sure he gave the system a completely fair shake before returning it, but he definitely had some issues with it. Not a huge fan of batteries in the sensors, either. 

Gotcha, thanks for the quick reply. While most users say phone-in-pocket isn't an issue or get used to playing with it, we definitely understand that doesn't work for everyone and are coming out with two solutions for that in the coming months. The first will be an update to our Apple Watch app scheduled for release in Q2 that will allow the watch to handle all the shot tracking work and your phone can stay in your bag or the cart or wherever. The second option will be another solution for players without an Apple Watch that will be out later this year, so stay tuned!

In terms of batteries, I know there has been some confusion on this point as well. The 360 sensors have batteries that are designed to last at least 5 years and are fully guaranteed for 2 years (we replace for free if there are issues during that first 2 years). If there is ever an issue with a sensor after 2 years, replacements are just $5, so hopefully that helps anyone who might be concerned about how our batteries work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • 2018 TST Partners

    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    More to come…
  • Posts

    • My buddy gave me a brand new bag since I was looking for one. He won it at a tournament but was sitting in his shed for years. It has a little stink to it like mice might of got into it. What’s the best way to clean a bag like that. Would I be able to sprinkle dawn dish soap all on it and soak it with the hose then let dry. Has anyone had to clean a bag like that. 
    • Yes but consist behavior keeps bringing it back. The twitter rages, etc. Like I said, everyone has a different way of dealing with things. I may not agree with some either but if they are not abusing anyone or breaking stuff I am indifferent.   I don't mind his intensity here but appreciate it.   Everyone has adversity but it never seems like he is absent of the chip on his shoulder. He acts like anyone watching him or taking his picture when he is playing bad is against him. If he let his performance speak for him, he would be better appreciated. He often just comes off hateful.
    • @Tommy_Boy14 From what I can gather, it's essentially a thicker sole and top-side look at address, the set-up of the club then would be more to do with high launch, low spin and less workability than a tradional long iron. Totally open to correction on all of this of course, just 'off the top-of-head' thoughts.
    • Disclaimer: lengthy post ahead... I'm a lefty who struggles with slice, especially on driver. So much so that my last round the driver only made it out of the bag on holes 1 & 18 (with dismal results) and I had more success driving straight on more drives with a 3 wood out to about 215 yds. It was so bad that I'd considered giving up the game before I've even gotten started good. I'm aware that most slice stems from having an open clubface at impact, so this morning I made it a personal mission to fix this issue at any cost. What I settled on was a combination of a stronger grip position (I was gripping with the "V" shape in my hand pointed at the wrong shoulder, which was giving me little to no stability through the backswing) and positioning my hands farther forward of the ball. Now I've seen a LOT of instructional videos that say this is a terrible thing when hitting driver. It's more of an iron/wedge position. However, ball placement remains just inside my forward foot, as with all driver shots. The first thing I notice is that at address, my clubface is perfectly square to the ball/target line. With this combo of ball placement/grip/hand positioning the difference in my ball flight is night and day. I started by hitting plastic practice balls because they do give a pretty accurate depiction of flight without the distance.      The balls were flying so straight that I got a couple of sleeves of my Laddies out and gave it a go (empty farm land adjacent to my lot that I have permission to hit on.) I didn't have a lot of time this morning to drill, but every one of the 6 balls flew straight, with one even having a slight draw! I was ecstatic because prior I've never been able to hit consecutive straight drives. Ever. I'm just wondering if hands forward on driver is so bad, then why is it the only position that I'm able to hit good shots? Just curious if anyone can answer this? On another note, I'm skipping my round this weekend for a much needed range session to test my driver swing again, and to tune up with my iron play.
  • TST Blog Entries

  • Blog Entries

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. ghphjuriya
      ghphjuriya
      (26 years old)
    2. GolfGuy1980
      GolfGuy1980
      (38 years old)

×

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...