IGNORED

2018 Honda Classic

iacas
Note: This thread is 2249 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger Woods will __________ the cut at the 2018 Honda Classic? (Fill in the Blank)

• make
    • miss

29 minutes ago, ScouseJohnny said:

I hope Tommy Fleetwood wins this.

And then shows up at Augusta and wins there, too.

That's a hateful and petty thing to say.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Matching 3 under 32's for Lovemark & List on the outward 9. They share the lead at-6, in search of that elusive win.

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

Thru 12 holes Lovemark (-7) has the lead alone with a clean 4 birdie card, 1 shot better than List (-6).  Woods finishes the day at Even where he started, except he's now 7 shots behind the leader (4 behind to start the day).

Don't you shank no more 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

Thru 12 holes Lovemark (-7) has the lead alone with a clean 4 birdie card, 1 shot better than List (-6).  Woods finishes the day at Even where he started, except he's now 7 shots behind the leader (4 behind to start the day).

Woods shot 69 and started the day at +1.

The leaders haven't yet played the Bear Trap, but I expect they'll get through it okay, or okay once they add 18 to the mix on their cards.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

49 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

Big Cat striping it today! Love to see this. Gorgeous day in South Florida. 

He's been hitting it really well, but haven't been able to get much out of the round. Made the third birdie of the day at 18 now, but with two bogeys only one under par for the day. 

One under par after three rounds will most likely not be enough. If he's going to have any chance at winning, he will need a great round tomorrow, 65 or less. Today's round could've been 65 or better, but just didn't get the putts he needed.

Edited by Zeph

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Zeph said:

He's been hitting it really well, but haven't been able to get much out of the round. Made the third birdie of the day at 18 now, but with two bogeys only one under par for the day.

Lot of burnt edges today.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, Zeph said:

One under par after three rounds will most likely not be enough. If he's going to have any chance at winning, he will need a great round tomorrow, 65 or less. Today's round could've been 65 or better, but just didn't get the putts he needed.

That we're even talking about what he has to shoot tomorrow in order to win is pretty amazing in of itself. :-D His swing looked pretty darn Tiger-like today. 

Constantine

12 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

That we're even talking about what he has to shoot tomorrow in order to win is pretty amazing in of itself. :-D His swing looked pretty darn Tiger-like today. 

Yep, it was only five months ago (at the President's Cup) that he was talking about maybe never playing again. He might have been sand bagging a bit ;-) but either way, this is really impressive. 

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:45 PM, GrandStranded said:

I've got a feeling he's gonna surprise people this week. Nobody will be going low here, and Tiger knows that. He might think it's possible to pull off one of those Nicklaus style (in front of Jack, no less} wins, where he knows par is good, and he just needs to be at it or 1-2 under come Sunday morning to be in contention. Put him in that spot, get the fires burning, and who knows? I actually think this week sets up really well for him.

Well, I had Tiger figured out. He's exactly where I thought/hoped he'd be after 3 rounds. However, it looks like he is only on the very outside edge of contention. What I didn't take into account is just how much tougher this young generation of players are compared to the Milquetoasts (Love III, Couples, etc. Tiger walked over when HE was young. Where all those guys would tremble and come apart at the seams, these young guns grew up watching Tiger. They seem to fear no one. This might end up being Tiger's "unknown" legacy. After watching Tiger expose and break the will of every so called "star" who was there before him, the kids emulated Tiger. They hit it as well as those before them did, but they train harder, and don't play afraid.  

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

13 minutes ago, skydog said:

Yep, it was only five months ago (at the President's Cup) that he was talking about maybe never playing again. He might have been sand bagging a bit ;-) but either way, this is really impressive. 

At the President's Cup maybe yea lol, but the sad gimping around from 2014-17 was tough to watch. He was old and f%*#!d up looking for a real long stretch there. 

Constantine

Thru 15 holes, Simpson, List and Thomas are tied at -6, Lovemark falls back to -5.

Don't you shank no more 

Awesome 65's today by Justin Thomas and Alex Noren; so there are some playing well on this really tough course.

Don't you shank no more 

6 minutes ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

Awesome 65's today by Justin Thomas and Alex Noren; so there are some playing well on this really tough course.

I'm dying to ask what Sam Saunders shot, but I don't want to cause a ruckus....

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

I'm dying to ask what Sam Saunders shot, but I don't want to cause a ruckus....

MC at +9.

Note: This thread is 2249 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!