IGNORED

2018 Honda Classic

iacas
Note: This thread is 2244 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger Woods will __________ the cut at the 2018 Honda Classic? (Fill in the Blank)

• make
    • miss

Another iron to the fairway on 16. I wonder how much he will be using the driver and what happens when he does. If you're not too confident with a club and use it 4-5 times in a round, it can get ugly.

Good start to the first round either way.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Another iron to the fairway on 16. I wonder how much he will be using the driver and what happens when he does. If you're not too confident with a club and use it 4-5 times in a round, it can get ugly.

Good start to the first round either way.

He has said 4-5 times. He hit it okay off 10, and pulled it left on 12, but left is a better miss there. (It was pretty far left, I'm not saying it was a good miss.)

If the fairways are running out like they seem to be, though, and it's not into a strong wind… just hit the 3W 320 like he's been doing. I agree. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

to quote the NoLayingUp podcast -- "but what if he wins".... ;-)

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Why does he have so much in back pocket?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Why does he have so much in back pocket?

Too much racks in [his] pocket that [his] wallet won't fold.

Third driver of the day is hit really well.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

257 to fairway with driver on 18 according to shot tracker. Gotta be blowing pretty hard up there. 

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Zeph said:

257 to fairway with driver on 18 according to shot tracker. Gotta be blowing pretty hard up there. 

Yeah, 258 here, 294 to go. Wind is strong. He won't be going for it in two. The 18th is currently playing over par at like 5.27. Layup, wedge upcoming.

Laid up to 98 yards.

From 98 yards, little pitching wedge… to 25 feet just on the front edge.

Those types of shots are some of the tougher ones, the ones where the rust comes off last.

39' actually. Tap-in for par.

Relatively stress-free front nine. Just that one little pull from the fairway into the bunker turned into a bogey.

Good putt there

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

• Administrator

Completely bails on the approach shot to 1. GIR, but a looooong putt upcoming.

• Administrator

He's playing a bit better, though, so maybe that's better than the Rory/Thomas group he played with last week for this stage of the year/his comeback.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Tiger totally pissing away shots on #3 here. Wow. Double bogey when he was greenside in three (par five). +1. Last par five he'll play.

Dominant Tiger OWNED the par fives. He plays them these days like a 3 handicapper.

• Administrator

He really made a mess of the third. The course is playing tough, staying around a few under par could be a good score today. Without that double, he would be right up there.

And then a wild drive on the 6th. He might be better off leaving it in the bag if he can. The swing looked like he was doing something to avoid something and even laughed as he saw where the ball was headed. Being wild off the tee can quickly cost you enough shots to be out of any kind of contention.

• Administrator

WAY right.

Steve

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, iacas said:

WAY right.

Plays a huge high shot over a tree from an upslope to… somewhere just short of the green? The camera can't find it. It's not wet, though, they say.

Man, he went after that one.

Short and right is their best guess.

Note: This thread is 2244 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!