IGNORED

2018 Honda Classic

iacas
Note: This thread is 2245 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger Woods will __________ the cut at the 2018 Honda Classic? (Fill in the Blank)

• make
    • miss

Par is a good score after that drive.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

E is T11. Sure, half the field hasn't gone out yet, but this course is NOT playing easy.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Berger has such a fascinating swing. I haven't watched very shot but it looks like his stock is a big low push cut. Pretty cool. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

• Administrator

Tiger shoots E and, as he leaves the course, is T24.

A lot of those ahead of him have played only a few holes and just happened to make a birdie. The scoring average is a few over par right now.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Tiger Stats: 

7/14 Fairways (some of those misses by small distances)

10/18 GIR

28 putts

Pretty good overall! Two holes hurt him. 

It's so much fun to watch him play. Only three back!

Edited by jbishop15

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

There's that double on the par 5, but better?

large.ezgif-1-231e07fb66.gif.63999f8bc6a

Thaaaaaat's a .... right. That's how you do w/relish.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

Tiger Stats: 

7/14 Fairways (some of those misses by small distances)

10/18 GIR (some of those misses by small distances)

28 putts

Pretty good overall! Two holes hurt him. 

It's so much fun to watch him play. Only four back! (three back)

FTFY. Three back. Four players are at -3.

Now Noren gets to -4, making @jbishop15 Nostradamus. :-)

Get rid of that damn double bogey on the par 5, Tiger!

Really good round, though, considering I thought there was a chance he'd be shooting around 80. Tiger Tracker is pretty impressed, so that's good.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, chspeed said:

Hindsight is 20/20, but if he left his driver in the bag he'd probably be leading the tournament.

I don't think so at all.

I don't think his driver cost him even a full shot today (and I'm not talking about SG:Off the Tee because he only hit five drivers).

His costly mistake on the par five was with his wedge.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I don't think so at all.

I don't think his driver cost him even a full shot today (and I'm not talking about SG:Off the Tee because he only hit five drivers).

His costly mistake on the par five was with his wedge.

Ah. I thought he had gotten in trouble on a couple of holes off the tee.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, chspeed said:

Ah. I thought he had gotten in trouble on a couple of holes off the tee.

It wasn't awesome, but it didn't really cost him. I think he parred 10, 12… 18, made double after a driver (IIRC) because of the wedge, and bogeyed 16 after hitting the fairway (I forget which club, but he only made a double and a bogey and three birdies, with the rest pars).

On if he felt this was his best ball-striking day in his comeback:

“Yeah, easily. Just only my seventh round, so it easily was my best ball-striking day. I was very pleased.”

http://golfweek.com/2018/02/22/tiger-woods-quotes-after-opening-70-at-honda-classic/

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Wally Fairway said:

7 is a bad score when you are in a greenside bunker in 2

Sam Saunders no 12 PGA National.JPG

Yeah. Who was that?

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Yeah. Who was that?

Sam Saunders (I know because he's on my fantasy team this week .... with no carryover from his play last week)

Players play, tough players win!

6 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

7 is a bad score when you are in a greenside bunker in 2

Sam Saunders no 12 PGA National.JPG

how did he go from 'third shot outside bunker' to 'fourth shot in bunker'?

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Sam Saunders (I know because he's on my fantasy team this week .... with no carryover from his play last week)

Oh, he is playing this week too? I didn't know because his lone fan hasn't posted about how it would be the biggest story in the game or something… ;-)

Note: This thread is 2245 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!