IGNORED

2018 Honda Classic

iacas
Note: This thread is 2223 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger Woods will __________ the cut at the 2018 Honda Classic? (Fill in the Blank)

• make
    • miss

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, colin007 said:

It was Michael Collins quoting Wesley Bryant and other players, said many of them were unhappy, and that puffs of sand can be seen when the ball hits the green.

Meh. Top dressing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm considering getting PGA Tour Live this year too.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Oh good, now we have to hear the announcers lament Adam Scott doing an exaggerated practice swing. Idk if I'd change my swing if I was Adam Scott, but I feel like that he wouldn't change it if he didn't need to. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

man, it pisses me off when these announcers bash stuff like AimPoint. It's really killing my enjoyment of PGA Tour Live this morning.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

15 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

Oh good, now we have to hear the announcers lament Adam Scott doing an exaggerated practice swing. Idk if I'd change my swing if I was Adam Scott, but I feel like that he wouldn't change it if he didn't need to. 

It looks like he’s trying butter cuts and so far that I’ve watched, they haven’t worked off the tee. I’m pretty sure he played draws before.  Maybe the two swings are mixing a bit under the pressure.

7 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

man, it pisses me off when these announcers bash stuff like AimPoint. It's really killing my enjoyment of PGA Tour Live this morning.

Yeah I heard that too. Announcers don’t attempt to look at every style of swing or this or that to understand why players do what they do. You’d think they’d have plenty of time but they’re paid for entertainment, not golf analysis, yet they have so much influence on what the average golfer does. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

28 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

What did they say?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

40 minutes ago, Zeph said:

What did they say?

The usual bullshit about how it was too much information. They said everybody used their feet to read putts, which is very not true. Asked if it made Adam Scott a better putter, half-assed implied it made him a worse one. That kind of stuff.

One announcer tried to push back, saying that around the same time Scott started doing aimpoint was when the anchor ban began, implying that the change in putters was more to blame, but the other announcers more or less ignored him.

They quoted Arnie about him saying you should swing your own swing. Frankly, if my swing was like Palmers, I’d never change it either. Tell that to the 30 capper who hits a 100 yard slice.

Edited by jbishop15

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

Edited by Zeph

Fairway on hole one, just an iron off the tee.

He won't be difficult to spot today.

DWvIWlbX0AAT8pN.jpg

Tiger's shirt is fly

im gonna miss part of his round because I'm going to see Annihilation at 2. makes me sad, but this movie looks dope, and a lot of people i trust say it's dope. 

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

2 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

im gonna miss part of his round because I'm going to see Annihilation at 2.

Please report back on this in the movies and film thread, it's on my short list for movies to actually shell out theater money for.  Kinda want to read the book first though...

Can't say I'd wear that shirt of Tiger's but hopefully if he feels good he'll play good.

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

Possibly lost the ball off the tee on 2. Hit it into a water hazard.

Edit: Yep, had to take a drop there. Should be a bogey.

I'm confused with this tweet and what actually happened.

Edited by Zeph

17 minutes ago, Foot Wedge said:

Please report back on this in the movies and film thread, it's on my short list for movies to actually shell out theater money for.  Kinda want to read the book first though...

Can't say I'd wear that shirt of Tiger's but hopefully if he feels good he'll play good.

Will do! 

Low left for Tiger on the par 5. People who scream shit right after golfers hit drive me nuts. It never used to bother me, but it's gotten more obnoxious over time. Louder, too. 

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

YAAAAASSSS

YYYYYYYAAAAAASSSSSSS

Steve

Note: This thread is 2223 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!