IGNORED

Who makes the better ball? Bridgestone, Srixon, Taylormade

Note: This thread is 2194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am not good enough to play the premium balls.  Have tried and they don't improve my game at all.  Being retired, I have settled at a specific price range of under $25/dozen.  Tried them all, and being a senior, I like the Callaway SuperSoft.  

44 minutes ago, Osnola said:

I am not good enough to play the premium balls.  Have tried and they don't improve my game at all.  Being retired, I have settled at a specific price range of under $25/dozen.  Tried them all, and being a senior, I like the Callaway SuperSoft.  

Have a look at Vice golf balls...fairky cheap and well made...found one once and really liked it...till I lost if!

Kirkland Signature, of course!

:-D

But seriously, sure, why not?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Different balls for different folks.  Whenever Golf Digest posts their Hot List spin chart, I pay attention!

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/spin-zone-hot-list-ball-spin-chart-shows-more-spin-at-lower-prices

HotList2017BallChart2-new.jpg

HotList2017BallChart2-newLegend.jpg

In my TM r7 Stand bag:
Driver- r11 10.5° Reg shaft

Fairway wood - r11 3 wood
Hybrids- r11 3, 4 & 5
Irons- M1 6-AW, xft 50, xft 54.12 , xft 60.08°
Still have / love my r7 CGB Max 6-PW, xft 50, xft 54.12, xft 60.08° which I keep in Myrtle Beach, Tommy Armour 855 Putter

On 2/26/2018 at 11:17 PM, Osnola said:

If you spend about 2 dollars more per dozen, buy Small My Tour Ball in bulk (6-dozen). The best premium golf ball for the price. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

On 3/9/2018 at 7:02 PM, saevel25 said:

If you spend about 2 dollars more per dozen, buy Small My Tour Ball in bulk (6-dozen). The best premium golf ball for the price. 

Add MG C4 and Cut Golf balls to the discussion. Urethane tour balls at 20 bucks on line

We still get the AD333 over here and i have always loved that ball. Still got a dozen left. I get very jealous of you guys in the states as you always seem to get really interesting low cost premium style balls that we never get.

Looked at Cut Golf and the balls look really good. Vice do balls here and they have so 2 piece at £13 or so.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the Top Flite Gamer or Gamer Tour.  Less than $20 a dozen and they perform pretty well.  Through my own extensive "testing", I've bounced them off cart path, trees, rocks, etc. and if you can find them, they hold up.  They seem to perform almost as well as the Taylormade's TPx I play in the summer and have about the same distance.

Edited by RichWW2

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

Maxfli U/Fli Speed is available at Dick's for 2 Dozen/ $45. Have not used them so I don't know how well they stand up as far as durability is concerned. Maybe someone who has played this ball for a while could reply. I am considering picking up a couple dozen for my son. 

Note: This thread is 2194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!