IGNORED

Golf Sunglasses

AugustaDawg17
Note: This thread is 1769 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I use Oakleys as well. But these.oakley-oo-9316-02-01-16.jpg

I think they're called thin link. Ive had them for a long time, so they may not be in production anymore, but their the best golf glasses I've ever owned. Went with them because they gave me everything i wanted from a golf speciic set of sunglasses, but without the $200+ price  tag of flak jackets.. Think i got these for around $100. Comfortable even on the greens. 

I tried Oakleys golf lenses (PRIZM i think) and I'm really not a fan. They made everything too bright and pink. Ive found that non poloarized brown lenses are best for golf. Polarized lenses make objects in the distance look weird sometimes. 

6 hours ago, CSkipr said:

I registered as I'm a veteran and the discount is 10% which equals $60 on a $600 pr of prescription sunglasses.  Not sure how its hundreds?

Which ones?

The glasses I'm looking to get are the prescription sunglasses Turbine frame with Prizm Golf lenses. MSRP of $490, but registering through the link gives a discount down to $288 (plus a few dollars for shipping).

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 7 months later...

This is one of my favorite topics. I have a few that I like to wear on the course. Maui Jim sport is probably my favorite, super light weight and great optics. I use the gray lenses. Also just got the Dragon Inflectors, they have a plastic frame but they’re also extremely light and have a cool blue mirror lens. Another pair that I love are the classic Ray Ban Wayfarers with the polarized lenses. Those are heavier but I love the style. 

Never tried the Oakley prizm lenses. Optical clarity is the main thing I look for with golf glasses and I feel that I track the ball much better with glasses.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 6 months later...

I know that this is an old post but didn't think I should start a new one.  I just bought my first pair of polarized sunglasses and I have this question - do you find you need to give your eyes time to adjust before you play?  My wife (who plays tennis) feels she has to start wearing hers 30 minutes before she plays in order to adjust.  I didn't notice anything the first time or two I used mine, but I think I also wore them while driving to the course.  Recently I've twice run out for 9 after work, put the glasses on, and have gotten off to the most horrible of horrible starts - wondering if I was just rushing or could the sun glasses adjustment period be part of it?

Stupid question, but I find us golfers ask a lot of stupid questions.

Some people say polarized glasses are not good for golf because they hinder your ability to read greens. Of course if you read greens with your feet (Aimpoint system) then it doesn't matter.

Note: This thread is 1769 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!