IGNORED

Which move changed your game for good?

Sierra Magica
Note: This thread is 2179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

18 hours ago, Sierra Magica said:

More good golfer in their golfing life found a key move that change their game.

Do you have any which has revolutionized your game for good?

I haven't found mine yet, Have you?

Interesting, coming from a 7 handicap. I'd guess that things came very gradually for you?

The main problem with golf is that there isn't one single move that makes your game better.

A little over 3 years ago, I made a change that almost magically allowed me to swing consistently 10% faster overnight and faster over time. In retrospect, that was just from getting my sequencing better, because even when I first started I was able to swing fast but only when the stars aligned, the moon was blue, etc. It's still far from perfect, but I feel good after every range session and don't feel like my swing is missing anything anymore. That's about the only "revolutionizing" thing for me, and even then not that revolutionary.

Edited by Lihu

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had two:

-using practice swings to find where the club head bottoms out for the uneven lies I find myself in. Has almost stopped hitting the ground first

-Starting my downswing with my hips, helped me drop my hands into the slot, mostly stopping the out to in

Specifically for putting, I read an article about lightening up the grip. It made me realize how hard I was clenching on it. Its just been indoor practise since I read the article a month ago, but Im loving the results.

I was never a very good golfer but by shortening my "arms" backswing and deliberately turning my shoulder I make much more consistent contact with the ball.  

I still have issues...Even had a shirt printed up that says as much but I'm going with putting.

I took an Aimpoint Express class and bought the DVD.   I'm still not the putter I want to be but I'm considerably better than I use to be.   I practice with a metal yard stick and believe it has helped tremendously.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 3:08 PM, Patch said:

Swinging the club to right field. That's what did it for me. 

Same for me.  Even though I've worked on a few different aspects of my swing over the years, I always go back to this one whenever the wheels seem to be coming off.

I dunno what the move is and I've been looking for it for 50 years but when I find it you can all read all about it in my book!

Driver, 3W & 4 Hybrid: 2023 :titleist: TSR3 
Irons: 2020 :titleist: T300
Wedges: 2012 :callaway: XTour 56o & 2021 Jaws 60o

Putter: :odyssey: Marxman (Mallet) / :tmade: Juno (Blade) plus 7 or 8 others in a barrel in my basement

This isn't a move, but watching a ton of swing videos of all different sorts of players, pro, college, women, old/young, the member swing thread here, etc... helped me gain a better eye, better at self evaluation. Help you help yourself. Teach a man to fish.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Two words: Taking lessons. 

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

23 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

Two words: Taking lessons. 

Lesson some time doesn't help. If you don't believe me. Ask Tiger.

What I am talking about is subtle tick in your swing that make big difference in a very complex action as it is the golf swing.

Are we constructive here or just........

1 hour ago, Sierra Magica said:

Lesson some time doesn't help. If you don't believe me. Ask Tiger.

What I am talking about is subtle tick in your swing that make big difference in a very complex action as it is the golf swing.

Are we constructive here or just........

Ok... Let me elaborate.

I decided I got to the point, I didn't get any better on my own. So I took some lessons, and I have fixed two of my main issues. Now I have a path that's more in-to-out, instead of out to in. Secondly, I start my downswing with the feeling the arms start everything else.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

The thing that I've noticed when I'm playing my best is my ability to select specific target from behind the ball.  Once I set up over the ball I take a deep breath and take one more look at my target and only think about that when I swing.

Don't knock it till you try it.

12 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

Ok... Let me elaborate.

I decided I got to the point, I didn't get any better on my own. So I took some lessons, and I have fixed two of my main issues. Now I have a path that's more in-to-out, instead of out to in. Secondly, I start my downswing with the feeling the arms start everything else.

Maybe this help, I have realized that with peoples not as flexible as youngster, Start with the arms is not such a bad idea because if your start with the  lower body everything going out of position and you will go OTT.

From the top go to P6 which is shaft parallel to the ground by pulling down the arms, now you can activate the body to turn through the shot. 

First try slow motion and then speed up. When you are turning you have a small lateral bend of the body to the right.

Keep it through the shot until your hand are over the left shoulder. 

summing up: -Pull down P6

- Turn body

- Finish hands over left shoulder (Right hand golfer)

I hope this help, It helped me ( from lessons)

6 hours ago, Sierra Magica said:

From the top go to P6 which is shaft parallel to the ground by pulling down the arms, now you can activate the body to turn through the shot. 

summing up: -Pull down P6

- Turn body

- Finish hands over left shoulder (Right hand golfer)

I hope this help, It helped me ( from lessons)

Doesn’t this move lend itself to more potential for OTT?

Also, What was the point of the thread? To figure out people Swing issues?

Edited by Lihu

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

37 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Doesn’t this move lend itself to more potential for OTT?

No, it doesn't.

We swap ideas, experiences and moves that we considered improved our swing.

only personal impressions. You can take or leave them.

no judgement. 

38 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I thought the point was to see if many of us had similar “aha” moments when we experienced a big breakthrough.

Also interesting to see that we are all so different. 

For me the breakthrough is finally understanding and internalizing how to get the club  come down less steeply and why that’s important.

In my case it took a lot of backswing work and then patiently working on my transition.  When I get it right, I almost feel like a real golfer.

• Upvote 3

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Note: This thread is 2179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!