IGNORED

2018 Valspar Golf Championship in Tampa, FL

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 2234 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Tiger ties for the lead, Conners is in the lumberyard.

Conners got lucky that he even found the ball. If he can sneak out a par somehow, that'd go a long way toward helping him maintain some momentum.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anyone else find it silly that Reed is wearing red and black? I know Tiger's his hero and that's why, but why copy him? Find your own thing if you want a Sunday style. Of course, Tiger doesn't own the combination, and wearing it now and then is fine, but he's wearing it every time just because Tiger is. When you see him, you think "Oh, it's the guy that's a Tiger fan". You don't think "Oh, that's Patrick Reed, PGA Tour winner". 

Either way, he starts off with an eagle and jumps right into the battle for the championship.

Not a good start for Conners. Losing two shots sucks, but what will it do to his confidence this round? It might also spark a "f*** it" fire in him and make him play better. 

Edited by Zeph

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Anyone else find it silly that Reed is wearing red and black?

Not really, to me. He freely admits to copying Tiger on that, as you know, so… meh. I think it's fine. What if he also likes red and black and doesn't want to do something different?

4 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Either way, he starts off with an eagle and jumps right into the battle for the championship.

Woods hasn't made an eagle since like 2015 on the PGA Tour.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

22 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Anyone else find it silly that Reed is wearing red and black?

Tiger isn't the first to start that trend. Is it any suprise Conners is leaking oil?

Edited by MuniGrit

Trollin' is the life

What score do you think Tiger needs to post to get the job done? I’m thinking a 67 gets him in a playoff, and 66 wins it outright. Tough bogey on 4 though ugh...

• Administrator

I think -12 wins, -11 plays off. But it will depend on whether the wind stays swirly, or if it lays down a little. I could easily see those going a stroke lower if the wind calms a little.

7 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

Tiger isn't the first to start that trend.

WHo else wore red and black before Tiger on every Sunday?

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

He's gonna give me an ulcer

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator
Just now, woodzie264 said:

He's gonna give me an ulcer

:surrender: :scared: :-(

47 minutes ago, iacas said:

Woods hasn't made an eagle since like 2015 on the PGA Tour.

With how he's playing the par fives these days, no wonder. He used to annihilate the par fives. Hopefully he will get back there. 

Tiger's had to work for a few pars today, some which could easily have become a bogey and one which did.

That side-by-side tracker is pretty cool.

Edited by Zeph

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator

Iron play not nearly as sharp today as it has been.

But nobody's made a big move yet. One back.

1 minute ago, Zeph said:

With how he's playing the par fives these days, no wonder. He used to annihilate the par fives. Hopefully he will get back there. 

Tiger's had to work for a few pars today, some which could easily have become a bogey and one which did.

Yeah, putting has been a bit off as he's had some testers early.  Solid off the tee, mostly with irons.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

He's hitting fairways and greens so far, but not close enough for good looks at birdies.

Meanwhile, Casey has been climbing the leaderboard and could post a good score with the last group's still out there.

Edited by Zeph

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Zeph said:

He's hitting fairways and greens so far, but not close enough for good looks at birdies.

About to be behind two players now. Casey stuck it at 12.

Irons aren't getting it done. Just hit it to 15' or so at 7, putting up the slope, though.

Hopefully he can make that and turn it around. Conners is almost out of the picture. Brandt too.

That's more like it. Off the fringe, but thats makeable. 

Note: This thread is 2234 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!