IGNORED

2018 Valspar Golf Championship in Tampa, FL

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 2207 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

30 minutes ago, colin007 said:

And there's that really odd little right elbow bump out at the top of the BS.

Maybe that's just his transition move to the downswing. Now that I've looked at it a few dozen times, It's not coming from the inside at all, he's kind of hugging the outside of the swing plane, though as Mike said, it is a very shallow swing plane. 

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thank you, @mvmac.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Not a big TW fan anymore since the "incident" - that being said, hope he wins this weekend. I thought he was done when he showed signs of chipping yips a few years ago.   Went out to Valspar Thursday and didn't wait around to see Tiger in his afternoon round - bringing out the huge throngs/mobs - nongolfers even going to the event - very unusual for Valspar to get this sort of attendance.   Just evidence again that TW really moves the golf needle - good for the industry (TV, ads, venue attendance).

14 minutes ago, RLM said:

Not a big TW fan anymore since the "incident" -

I actually started liking him more since the "incident."   For me, he was hard to like when he was Mr. Perfect.  But when his wife attacked him with a golf club and it all came out about the numerous women, and all the holier-than-thou types went off on him, I started to sympathize with him and actually like him.  This brilliant, brilliant golfer with a train wreck of a personal life actually became an interesting person and less of the robot that he had seemed to be before that. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, RLM said:

Not a big TW fan anymore since the "incident" - that being said, hope he wins this weekend. I thought he was done when he showed signs of chipping yips a few years ago.   Went out to Valspar Thursday and didn't wait around to see Tiger in his afternoon round - bringing out the huge throngs/mobs - nongolfers even going to the event - very unusual for Valspar to get this sort of attendance.   Just evidence again that TW really moves the golf needle - good for the industry (TV, ads, venue attendance).

Which incident? The cheating or the DUI?

Trollin' is the life

Where do people think tiger is going to be at the end of the day today? I’m in two minds. I think the hunger is there. I think it’s very exciting that he’s playing as much as he is. First because he can and second because it means he cares. I think a healthy focused tiger is going to make things very interesting. He might be back up towards his best, in which case I’d expect him to throw down another strong round today. Maybe end up -7 and at or very close to the lead. The other possibility is that he’s still rusty and yesterday was the outlier. In which case I’d see 71 or 72 today to be around 6th place or so. 

If it’s the former, then he’s got better incredibly quickly. I want to believe that’s where he is, but I guess I’m jaded from years of flattering to deceive. I do think he’s getting there though. I reckon Augusta will be VERY interesting indeed. 

1 minute ago, Ty_Webb said:

Where do people think tiger is going to be at the end of the day today? I’m in two minds. I think the hunger is there. I think it’s very exciting that he’s playing as much as he is. First because he can and second because it means he cares. I think a healthy focused tiger is going to make things very interesting. He might be back up towards his best, in which case I’d expect him to throw down another strong round today. Maybe end up -7 and at or very close to the lead. The other possibility is that he’s still rusty and yesterday was the outlier. In which case I’d see 71 or 72 today to be around 6th place or so. 

If it’s the former, then he’s got better incredibly quickly. I want to believe that’s where he is, but I guess I’m jaded from years of flattering to deceive. I do think he’s getting there though. I reckon Augusta will be VERY interesting indeed. 

He hasn't shot that break away 65 yet, in this comeback... But I don't necessarily see the Copperhead Course yielding that.

I'm thinking another 67 or 68 today and he'll be at least the 54 hole co-leader with the 68, he shoots 67 he probably leads by 2 maybe 3.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

2 hours ago, Marty2019 said:

I actually started liking him more since the "incident."  

You like Tiger more because he has absolutely zero respect for women, was proven to be a terrible husband and father, and is an awful role model for young people? He should be treating women with honor and respect and he does the exact opposite.

• Thumbs Up 1

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

10 hours ago, mvmac said:

Usually don't see a pro so shallow on the backswing.

Conners 1.jpg

And it stays shallow, doesn't have a lot of hip turn, gets a bit narrow at the top. Also typically don't see a pro with this high of a rate of closure with an iron.

Conner 3.jpg

He looks really narrow through the transition into A5. He's gotta dump his angles really quickly, doesn't he?

The whole swing seems really dependent on his timing. Clearly he can hit it well. 

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

13 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

He does look to come from the inside a little more than some.

I'm far from an expert but it looks to me he retraces same path as backswing or is even a little out to in.

Trollin' is the life

Interesting follow through. Actually not much follow through with the hands, which is why it looks like there's so much "turn" with the club.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

5 hours ago, Marty2019 said:

I actually started liking him more since the "incident."   For me, he was hard to like when he was Mr. Perfect.  But when his wife attacked him with a golf club and it all came out about the numerous women, and all the holier-than-thou types went off on him, I started to sympathize with him and actually like him.  This brilliant, brilliant golfer with a train wreck of a personal life actually became an interesting person and less of the robot that he had seemed to be before that. 

i"m actually with you a bit on this.  I was taken by the media narrative during "the time of the incident".  Tiger was going off the rails and Phil M.'s wife was going thru breast cancer.  The narrative absolutely  sainted Phil for (rightly) being at his wife's side during her battle.  Tiger on the on other hand became a tragic figure.

Thing is (and I speak with the experience of my own wife have a big battle with the same disease), Phil's being there for his wife and family is really only a small part of who he is (and we are) as humans.  I don't know Tiger or Phil but we really can't trust the narratives.  The few things about Phil's personal life (outside what I described above) don't actually paint a pretty picture.

And now, Tiger is teeing off...

16 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

Agreed....that said, Tiger's attention/crowds will undoubtedly be a factor

Just dawned on me after, Nobilo made a comment about a "different energy" in the final group, that with Tiger in the field, I think a strong argument can be made that it's EASIER for the newbie in the final group because his crowds will be undoubtedly smaller than they would otherwise be if Tiger wasn't here.  It'll have a little more of a "weekday" or "web.com" feel that might keep him more comfortable.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

You like Tiger more because he has absolutely zero respect for women, was proven to be a terrible husband and father, and is an awful role model for young people? He should be treating women with honor and respect and he does the exact opposite.

What does that have to do with golf? 

• Upvote 1

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Note: This thread is 2207 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!