IGNORED

Highest Price You've Paid For Green Fees

1badbadger

What's the most you've ever paid for green fees?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What's the most you've ever paid for green fees?

• < $50, I'm frugal
    • $50 to $100, I like nice courses, but more than $100 is not worth it.
    • $100 to $200, I can splurge once and a while.
    • $200 to $300, for that "special' course
    • > $300, Once in a lifetime round or I'm just rolling in the Benjamins.

I have paid around $100 a couple of times.

My luckiest was at Pebble Beach in 1978. A former Portland State U. golfer arranged for me to play on a special rate for $29 (a week before summer rates began). Cart cost extra, can't remember how much.

In St. Louis area, for our more upscale courses I could pay well over $100 if I played on a weekend before noon. But, I can pay well under that if I watch dynamic pricing.

Surprisingly, several better private clubs only charge $80 or so for a guest fee. The problem is finding someone who will invite you.

About once a year we have an area course go out of business. With excess capacity waning, eventual price jumps will come.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think Torrey Pines is in the $55 to $60 range for San Diego residents.  I target $40 or less if possible. People seem less pretentious at the cheaper courses too.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

I paid $160 to play at TPC Tampa.  I love that course, it's always in pristine shape.  I normally only play it in the summer, when I can get on for $70.  But, my brother was in town 2 Aprils ago and wanted take him to play there.

DJ

Follow me at Game Golf Profile: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/djfajt71 

On 3/7/2018 at 7:38 AM, iacas said:

$300 including the caddie fee and tip at the Old Course at St. Andrews.

I don’t know what my upper limit would be but that’s close.

Had you played a links course prior to that, or was that your first time?  What were your impressions?

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

Last year I was planning on spending some vacation money on playing at a really nice course or 2 but we decided to rent a house in Marathon, FL.... only 1 freaking golf course within reasonable driving distance. 

I haven't played at any expensive courses yet, only up to $55 I think and only because it was a holiday weekend. I think that's my max. 

This year we're going to Myrtle Beach. I'm planning on playing 2-3 courses in the $150-200 range if the first one turns out to be worth it. Otherwise, if I'm not feeling the reasoning behind the higher greens fee, I'll hit the cheaper courses and have just as good a time and a few more beers on the 19th to boot!

Upper limit? Would probably be $250 for any other course other than Augusta National I'd probably pay up to $1k for that. Everything else in-between, including Pebble Beach and stuff, wouldn't be worth more than $250 for me.

Edited by jkelley9

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

Fortunately, I didn't have to pay at Sawgrass- otherwise I would not have dropped almost $500 to play. But my own ACTUAL money? I paid $125 at Pebble Beach... in 1986. And in 1993 or 1994 I paid about that to play at Royal County Down while staying at the hotel next door. I will occasionally drop $100 to play various places, but I'm perfectly happy playing for $25 at a muni wherever I happen to be.  

• Administrator
3 hours ago, 1badbadger said:

Had you played a links course prior to that, or was that your first time?  What were your impressions?

https://thesandtrap.com/b/courses/golfing_scotland_with_go_ahead_tours

I hope that answers your question.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My usual courses are $30-$60, walking which is what I typically do.

However, I do spurge once in a while.  Played the Pebble Beach and paid >$400.  Great course, but SLOWWWW as heck.  Ended up birding par-3 5th and the 18th hole!  Definitely would like to play again sometime.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I have paid up to $175 in places like Hilton Head, Myrtle, and the Orlando area - not once in a lifetime courses.  I would pay up to $400 - $500 for Pebble, Pinehurst #2, The Old Course and maybe a couple of others.  At my home course as a Senior I pay $45 on weekdays and weekends after 2PM.  I rarely pay more than $90 and that is typically on vacation.

On 3/8/2018 at 9:15 AM, 1badbadger said:

On 3/8/2018 at 12:29 PM, iacas said:

Well...if that's all you got, I suppose it will have to do.  :-P

(It was a hell of a lot better than my puny little questions, that's for sure!)

Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

4 hours ago, Brussellsprout said:

Most I have paid was €100 for Torre Quebrade bear Malaga yesterday. At less than a Euro per shot taken that represented some value ?

Best value would be €25 to play Druids Glen.

I like how you think about it!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

About $170 at Ballybunion a couple years ago, not including rental clubs and the caddie. The course was worth every penny. The caddie, not so much. Plus I probably spent $200 in the clubhouse.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

2 hours ago, jetsknicks1 said:

About $170 at Ballybunion a couple years ago, not including rental clubs and the caddie. The course was worth every penny. The caddie, not so much. Plus I probably spent $200 in the clubhouse.

Maybe I should do a spin-off of this thread...what's the most you've ever spent in the 19th hole?  Ha!  I'll bet there are a lot of you who's highest bar tab was more than highest round of golf!!!

Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

Including caddie fee I paid about $600 to play Bayonne. I also paid about $550 to play NGLA. I’d do that again in a heartbeat. 

Cypress Point, Pine Valley or Augusta I’d pay a lot to play. Maybe $2k but no more than that. $1k for shinnecock or Seminole. 

1 hour ago, 1badbadger said:

Maybe I should do a spin-off of this thread...what's the most you've ever spent in the 19th hole?  Ha!  I'll bet there are a lot of you who's highest bar tab was more than highest round of golf!!!

Lol, it actually wasn’t the 19th hole. I went thru the pro shop, buying everything in sight.

my get up and go musta got up and went..