IGNORED

Highest Price You've Paid For Green Fees

1badbadger

What's the most you've ever paid for green fees?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What's the most you've ever paid for green fees?

• < $50, I'm frugal
    • $50 to $100, I like nice courses, but more than $100 is not worth it.
    • $100 to $200, I can splurge once and a while.
    • $200 to $300, for that "special' course
    • > $300, Once in a lifetime round or I'm just rolling in the Benjamins.

Paid the $495 Pebble Beach fee

1) With the exception of Torrey Pines South at $230, nothing I've paid comes close for me $ wise.

2) The wife still doesn't know

3) I'm not rolling in Benjamin's 

4) Totally worth it

I'm not sure. Probably 150ish. I've played some expensive course that were paid for by someone else. 

Edited by MuniGrit

Trollin' is the life

Normally pay 25-40 for courses around the house.  I did pay $400 for Pinehurst #2 a couple of years ago, totally worth it.  Am paying $375 for The Ocean Course at Kiawa in April.  Trying to check off a few bucket list courses.

On March 6, 2018 at 9:29 PM, Buckeyebowman said:

Well, it was $190 to play Spyglass Hill when I did, but I wasn't paying, the company was. Bought some promotional gift cards online a couple years ago for me and my buddies. Figured I paid about 60 bucks to play a $100 dollar "private" club. Very nice course and in great condition. The thing is, I live in NE Ohio and we are overbuilt for golf. Thus, there are a lot of bargains out there. We have played Fowler's Mill, a Pete Dye design with country club conditioning for $25 per ,booking on GolfNow. There are 3 nines there. The main 18 is on one side of the road, with the "Maple" nine on the other side. I asked the guy what it would cost if we wanted to play the Maple after our eighteen and he said "Ten bucks!" And that's w/cart! How do you beat that?

Totally agree about NE Ohio--some of the greatest courses and not overly pricey.  I was and am very fortunate to have played most of the very best courses in the world for zippo because of some great  friends and connections.

I paid over 300.00 for a round at a private club in Redding via a charity auction. But it was for 4 people, carts, and lunch. I could see spending that much for someplace like Pebble Beach if I ever get the chance

Up until now my highest is $85 for a round at a country club near me.  Plan on going much higher than that when I'm able to play Torrey Pines, Bethpage Black, Erin Hills, Pebble Beach, etc.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

• boogielicious changed the title to What's Your Maximum for a Round of Golf

Welcome to The Sand Trap. I edited the title to make it a bit clearer. For me, unless it was Pebble Beach or The Old Course at St Andrews, I would say $250.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Personally I'd say for a "regular" course like not a PGA tour course or top ranked course I'd say around $100 or so.

For a top tier public, top 100, PGA Tour course I'd be $300 ish max.

For a super exclusive bucket list type course (Augsta National, etc) probably anything under $1000 probably.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

32 minutes ago, klineka said:

Personally I'd say for a "regular" course like not a PGA tour course or top ranked course I'd say around $100 or so.

With the price increase since Covid, $100 isn't too extreme for a weekend tee time at a good course.  Forest Dunes in northern Michigan has rates from $160- $195 during peak season.    The Bear in Traverse City during peak times runs upwards of $150 for golfers not staying at the resort.      There aren't too many destination courses that I'd pay over $300.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Ballpark 100 bucks. The tour I belong to the fee is around 100 for a single day tournament but its on nice courses. We have our "Players Championship" at Sawgrass in August at 895 bucks for a two day tournament, but fortunately it sold out before I gave in and paid. 

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

8 or 10 years ago, I paid $280 to play TPC Sawgrass. 

As far as I can recall that's the most I've ever paid. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I do not recall the most I ever paid, maybe @ $125-$150 but given the correct course I would pay maybe around $300.  I've not played Arcadia Bluffs but want to and that is @ $240 in season.  Could golf it for less out of season (@ $110 in April/May and @ $150 in October) but given its Northern Michigan location early spring or fall can be really cold weather so I would likely pay-up for a summery tee time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

I've had the fortune/misfortune to spend $300+ more than once:

• Pebble Beach (this was the most expensive round, around $450 IIRC)
  • Pinehurst #2
  • St. Andrews Old Course
  • Bandon Dunes (prime season)
  • Kingsbarns (Scotland)
Edited by tourproto
  • Like 1

Under $50.  More than it being a case of frugality, all the courses I have played so far in my life, have all been relatively cheap thanks to being an affiliate member or using my credit card benefits for it.  I am fortunate that many of the courses I play are in pretty good shape for the low price I pay since they have all been in developing countries or when I got concessional rates for being a student.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

$180 plus club rental plus caddie (total $320) at La Cana in the Dom Republic while on vacation there earlier this month.  It was worth every cent.  Corales was next door was $320 plus.  Next time we’re there - would love to play Corales. Typically I pay $35 to $60 for rounds, unless I walk, which can be as slow as $15 for nine.  The most?  I don’t know - bucket list course like St Andrews or Pebble or Augusta - how much is too much for the experience to walk and play where the greats have tred before….hmmm

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

On 6/25/2023 at 11:17 PM, tourproto said:

I've had the fortune/misfortune to spend $300+ more than once:

• Pebble Beach (this was the most expensive round, around $450 IIRC)
  • Pinehurst #2
  • St. Andrews Old Course
  • Bandon Dunes (prime season)
  • Kingsbarns (Scotland)

As luck would have it, my employer paid for my rounds at all of these courses. Played the Old Course on the 4th of July. 😉

Brian Kuehn