IGNORED

New Golf Grips

Note: This thread is 2188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Grip choices are personal.    I like a corded grip, one that works well when my hands are sweaty or if it's raining.    I have Golf Pride MCC Plus 4.   It's not the choice of everyone.    I would suggest that you go to a place that has several options and try different choices.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hello @TheDukester Welcome to the site.  I can't recommend a particular grip but I can recommend that you take time to acquaint yourself with the simple process of re-gripping your clubs.  Basically: if you can change your own socks you have the native intelligence to re-grip a golf club.  The tools required are minimal and the money you save can afford you the luxury of trying several different makes and models.  Whenever I wonder about a new, revolutionary, game-changing grip; I buy one, sock it on a club, and see what I think.  That way I'm not committing myself to an expenditure without a sound basis for the decision.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

PURE Grips. Easy on, easy off, and they'll outlast any other grip by 200%. All other grips have polymers or some other shit which wears out much faster than pure rubber.

Edited by colin007
Spelling

Colin P.

21 minutes ago, colin007 said:

PURE Grips. Easy on, easy off, and they'll outlast any other grip by 200%. All other grips have polymers or some other shit which wears out much faster than pure rubber.

The only issue I have with PURE is I'm not sure if they come in oversize or not.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

2 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

The only issue I have with PURE is I'm not sure if they come in oversize or not.

Pure grips are available in standard, midsize, and jumbo.  Only the wrap, however, is offered in jumbo.  The DTX and Pure Pro top out at midsize.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Just now, Piz said:

Pure grips are available in standard, midsize, and jumbo.  Only the wrap, however, is offered in jumbo.  The DTX and Pure Pro top out at midsize.

I meant they don't have Jumbo in Red... Unless the Wrap comes in Red.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

5 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

I meant they don't have Jumbo in Red... Unless the Wrap comes in Red.

Yeah.  Far as I know; the only options, in jumbo, are black and white.  Guess you could wear rose-tinted glasses...but it wouldn't be the same.

Edited by Piz

In der bag:

5 minutes ago, Piz said:

Yeah.  Far as I know; the only options, in jumbo, are black and white.  Guess you could wear rose-tinted glasses...but it wouldn't be the same.

I have Lamkin UTX and Lamkin Z5 in my clubs... Super Stroke Mid Slim on my Putter.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

For irons I like Lamkin Crosslines or Golf Pride Tour velvet. I like GP multicompound on my driver.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

6 minutes ago, dbuck said:

For irons I like Lamkin Crosslines or Golf Pride Tour velvet. I like GP multicompound on my driver.

I'm all about Tour Velvets.  My favorite grip since the Victory went the way of the Dodo.  And a much better grip besides.

In der bag:

4 hours ago, dbuck said:

+1 for the crosslines. I have them on my 4 hybrid, driver and 60*. Also on my Titleist 695mbs (not my gamers but at the moment).

I also have a couple of clubs fitted with Karma Velvet 360 grips. Dirt cheap but surprisingly good.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

5 hours ago, TheDukester said:

Thanks for all of the advice. I might just by one from a few different brands and see which works best.

If there is a golf shop near you, they should have mock-ups with the different grips available. You can also check out the new irons and they will have a variety.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I think to pick a grip you have to try them hitting balls.

I have not found a grip that can not be blown on.  They don't have to be Pure although Pure makes a nice grip.

Might make sense to pick the three you like, have them installed on three clubs you tend to use more and play them.  One will probably jump out at the one you like,  It might cost a few dollars but at least you don't get a whole set you don't care for.

Right now I am playing Ping ID8 Gold.  The gold denotes 1/32" oversize.  They also have a reminder rib.  A reminder rib in a rib on the grip which lines up with the creases on your fingers. 

It assists in gripping the club consistently.  Since playing with them I am shocked at how a minor grip adjustment changes the ball flight.  I play a big draw (at the moment) shifting that rib ever so slightly in in my hand creates a straighter ball flight.  A little to much and it's a push, a little more and it is a push fade.

Have fun with it, its a nice change for relatively little money.

8 hours ago, TheDukester said:

Thanks for all of the advice. I might just by one from a few different brands and see which works best.

Good idea.  When someone is unsure of which grips to choose, I usually recommend regripping 1 or 2 clubs with a model they are interested in, rather than the whole set.  Whichever club/clubs you like to practice with, like a 7 iron or something.  If you like it, then have the rest of the clubs regripped.  But if for some reason you don't like it, or maybe it gets slick when your hands sweat or in the rain or whatever, you're only out the cost of 1 grip instead of 13!

• Thumbs Up 1

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

Note: This thread is 2188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!