IGNORED

2018 Arnold Palmer Invitational

colin007
Note: This thread is 2213 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

15 hours ago, iacas said:

@david_wedzik thinks the winner is at -14 or -15. I think -17 wins it. I bet him $5 at -16.5, taking the "over" (17+).

-17??? 

Hmm, seems like a stretch to me. I’ll take the under 

So who takes it? 

Is it won outright, are we looking at another playoff or it coming down to the last hole like last week? 

Tough finish for Sam Saunders.

He started the day 5 over par and quickly got to 6 over at the second hole of the day (he started at 10). Then he made 6 birdies before finishing with bogey, bogey, ending up one shot from the cut line.

samsaunders.png

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger hits the fairway on #1. That's already an improvement over yesterday.

Watch it live on PGA Tour Live.

Edited by Zeph

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

@colin007 How are you holding up? Do we need the cardiologist on call?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

15 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

@colin007 How are you holding up? Do we need the cardiologist on call?

I'll need anger management after trying to deal with the gddam mothereffing Golf Channel app buffering every five seconds...

Colin P.

Tigs has the putter working better today.
3 birds today after a bogie on the 2nd hole.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

One 38 footer, one 6 footer and one 15 footer. Putter is helping a lot today, but he's hitting fairways and greens.

PGA Tour Live seems to be on hole 6 and 14. Main coverage about to start. And Tiger's got a 6 yards birdie putt on 7.

Edited by Zeph

4 hours ago, The Shankster said:

-17??? 

Hmm, seems like a stretch to me. I’ll take the under 

So who takes it? 

-17 easy. Looks more like -20 to me.

Tomorrow will be tougher due to pin placements, but they are certainly scoring out there.

Tiger’s too far back to get into contention. I like Stenson for the win.

Brandel was wrong about Tigers yips pitching. If anything he should have said he has yips off the tee with driver. He is playing well and much better than expected this early on but he seems dodgy with the big stick.

• Like 1

Trollin' is the life

Just now, brocks said:

Wow, that shot out of the bunker.  He still has shots nobody else has.

If only he could figure out the easier fairway shots from 100-150. Not getting them close to the hole. 

Tiger should start tossing a little sand on the tee box when he's going to use the driver!

Another masochist ensnared by golf

14 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

Brandel was wrong about Tigers yips pitching. If anything he should have said he has yips off the tee with driver. He is playing well and much better than expected this early on but he seems dodgy with the big stick.

I wish he would do what Stenson does. Get a consistent tee ball with his 3-wood and stick with it 99% of the time. Yesterday he hit an awesome 3-wood stinger that went 323 yards on the 18th hole in the fairway. That would be a very good strategy if he decided to start doing it more often instead of hitting driver. 

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Manhattan said:

I wish he would do what Stenson does. Get a consistent tee ball with his 3-wood and stick with it 99% of the time. Yesterday he hit an awesome 3-wood stinger that went 323 yards on the 18th hole in the fairway. That would be a very good strategy if he decided to start doing it more often instead of hitting driver. 

I think Tiger knows what it takes to win at this level.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Manhattan said:

So you deny the driver is a liability for him right now? It has been for many years. 

Not entirely true.

And Tiger isn’t going to win giving up yardage to players hitting driver well.

Not at most places.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2213 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!