IGNORED

2018 Arnold Palmer Invitational

colin007
Note: This thread is 2220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

So, what's your answer? Who has a better chance to win than Tiger, actual ability, betting completely to the side?

After looking at the link you sent showing the field, I'll be honest. There isn't anyone there I can make any strong case for. Tiger has as good a shot of winning as anyone, and a lot better chance then almost all these guys. I'm shocked at how weak this field is. Take out Tiger, Rory, Reed, Rickie, and Fleetwood, and you have nothing but a bunch of Lumpys, Smylies, Goydos' Yuck!

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

So, what's your answer? Who has a better chance to win than Tiger, actual ability, betting completely to the side?

After looking at this field, I owe Skydog an apology, and have to admit, If I had to make one, there is nobody I would bet on over Tiger next week.

• Like 1

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This will be an exciting tournament for Tiger fans for sure.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

After looking at the link you sent showing the field, I'll be honest. There isn't anyone there I can make any strong case for. Tiger has as good a shot of winning as anyone, and a lot better chance then almost all these guys. I'm shocked at how weak this field is. Take out Tiger, Rory, Reed, Rickie, and Fleetwood, and you have nothing but a bunch of Lumpys, Smylies, Goydos' Yuck!

The course isn't great. And scheduling isn't the same for everyone.

14 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

After looking at this field, I owe Skydog an apology, and have to admit, If I had to make one, there is nobody I would bet on over Tiger next week.

Big of you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

26 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

All good. Yea, it’s a bad sad but the API field has definitely been weak the last several years. I love that Tiger is playing it and presumably always will as long as his body lets him. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, skydog said:

All good. Yea, it’s a bad sad but the API field has definitely been weak the last several years. I love that Tiger is playing it and presumably always will as long as his body lets him. 

I think maybe Tiger and Arnie bonded over their womanizing.-Not that I care just that they have that in common.

Plus the obvious-When you win somewhere eight times you like playing there.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

2 minutes ago, Phil McGleno said:

I think maybe Tiger and Arnie bonded over their womanizing.-Not that I care just that they have that in common.

Perhaps so; but "Skirt-chaser Invitational" is problematic from a marketing standpoint.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Piz said:

Perhaps so; but "Skirt-chaser Invitational" is problematic from a marketing standpoint.

Just have it opposite the LPGA's "Swinging Skirts" tournament?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

35 minutes ago, iacas said:

Big of you.

LOL. That's the kind of guy I am.

• Like 1

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

44 minutes ago, iacas said:

So I just assume any course I see on tv is orders of magnitude better than the goat track munis i play, but....which is better, Bay Hill or the Copperhead course they just played?

Colin P.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, colin007 said:

So I just assume any course I see on tv is orders of magnitude better than the goat track munis i play, but....which is better, Bay Hill or the Copperhead course they just played?

I don't know. I've never played either. I don't know that either are highly regarded. I know Bay Hill isn't. I've rarely watched Innisbrook because Tiger had never played in it. :-)

• Like 1

Does Bay Hill reward the slightly off center bomber more so than Copperhead?  In other words: does it favor a Palmer-type player?  I ask because I don't know.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Random question. Why the umbrella as Arnie's logo? Anyone know the story behind it?

1 minute ago, GrandStranded said:

Random question. Why the umbrella as Arnie's logo? Anyone know the story behind it?

You can trace that back to Mark McCormick and IMG.  There was Arnold Palmer everything at one point.  And there may be a Travelers connection in there somewhere.  But I'm thinking more umbrella organization than specific corporate entity.  Of course, Mr. Palmer was a specific corporate entity...thanks to Mark McCormick.

In der bag:

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

I think Copperhead gets the better reviews, generally. 

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

16 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

I think Copperhead gets the better reviews, generally. 

To me it comes across on tv at least as a bit more interesting of a course than Bay Hill but I have no real knowledge of either beyond that. 

I wonder honestly if Johnny will take the time to show up to Bay Hill. Tiger is rounding into form... Would not surprise me one bit, if he won this week and in three weeks among the tall pines of Georgia.

• Like 1

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Haha, that is a great find. Would be cool if he won it. 

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Note: This thread is 2220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!