IGNORED

2018 Arnold Palmer Invitational

colin007
Note: This thread is 2193 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

32 minutes ago, iacas said:

PGA Tour Live, here we come again!

I know that PGA Tour live shows featured groups before TGC and network coverage.  Does it also simulcast the TGC and network coverage?  I am currently subscribed to YoutubeTV to get the Golf Channel, but 40 bucks a year would be a lot better than 40 bucks a month.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, brocks said:

I know that PGA Tour live shows featured groups before TGC and network coverage.  Does it also simulcast the TGC and network coverage?  I am currently subscribed to YoutubeTV to get the Golf Channel, but 40 bucks a year would be a lot better than 40 bucks a month.

I don't think they simulcast the Golf Channel. I think it's just their exclusive coverage.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thurs - 8:23 a.m.: Jason Day, Hideki Matsuyama, Tiger Woods

Fri - 1:08 p.m.: Jason Day, Hideki Matsuyama, Tiger Woods

Sat - 2:08 p.m.: Tiger Woods, Someone Lastname

Sun - 2:08 p.m.: -Tiger Woods, Someone Lastname

Tiger is of course in a featured group on Friday.

PGA Tour Live will air until 6 PM all days according to their schedule. 

Edited by Zeph

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

On 3/12/2018 at 1:25 PM, Dr. Manhattan said:

Arnold's impact cannot be overstated and I think it's a shame more of the young guys are skipping his tournament now. I wonder if they would ever try moving the Palmer event to a better spot in the schedule. Either that or they should move one of the WGC's. Why do we need two WGC's in the same month?

Unfortunately, I think this is going to go the same way the Byron Nelson did.  A lot of players playing out of respect for the presence of the Great Man, but once he is gone it peters out.

Same thing will happen with Tiger's tournament in 50 years.

4 hours ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Rickie struggling right now too. 

That is just the Tiger effect.  Whenever he is playing well the fields go from stronger than they ever have been to inexplicably weak. ;-):-P

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Rory had some good finishes last year. Hasn't been much to celebrate so far in 17-18 season though.

2017 results:

HSBC: T4

Mexico: T7

Bay Hill: T4

Masters: T7

The Open: T4

Bridgestone: T5

2018:

AT&T: CUT

Genesis: T20

Honda: T59

Valspar: CUT

2017 could've been a pretty good season with a few wins in there. His 2018 trend doesn't indicate that he will win anytime soon.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Rory has already done enough to enshrine his place in the Golf HOF.  20+ wins and 4 majors gets it done. Im sure he knows that. I think we're just seeing a guy who thinks he has nothing left to prove and perhaps lost some motivation. Its the only why i can explain how someone as talented as Rory goes flat like he has at his age. 

13 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Rory has already done enough to enshrine his place in the Golf HOF.  20+ wins and 4 majors gets it done. Im sure he knows that. I think we're just seeing a guy who thinks he has nothing left to prove and perhaps lost some motivation. Its the only why i can explain how someone as talented as Rory goes flat like he has at his age. 

I think he’s just a streaky player. Remember the roller coaster for him in 2012 (up), 2013 (down), and 2014 (up). 

He has had some injury issues in addition to the cold putter. I hope he can turn it around for Augusta. I want all the big names to play well at the same time. 

1 hour ago, Groucho Valentine said:

I doubt that he thinks that.

I am more inclined to think that he can't get past his putting issues. He's been in the top 15 in strokes gained tee to green for the past 8 years. He's above average with his short game. Only twice has he finished above average in putting on the PGA Tour in strokes gained putting. With his long game, he should be winning a few more tournaments then he has. With his putting, I don't see him hitting the ceiling he has.

You'd be surprised how often someone is super talented that falls flat.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Total SG putting for Rory:

2018: -1.178
2017: -5.138
2016: -9.938
2015: -2.183
2014: 13.150
2013: -3.796
2012: 2.336
2011: -3.109
2010: -9.214

That's not...great. All his other stats are mostly very much on the positive side of strokes gained on the years above.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Zeph said:

2018: -1.178
2017: -5.138
2016: -9.938
2015: -2.183
2014: 13.150
2013: -3.796
2012: 2.336
2011: -3.109
2010: -9.214

Those are some misleading numbers and are largely based on the number of rounds he played that year… in 2018, he's averaging -0.107, but only has 11 rounds.

Rory was T135 at -0.207 per round in 2016. He played 48 rounds, hence, -0.938.

https://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.02564.2016.html

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I doubt that he thinks that.

I am more inclined to think that he can't get past his putting issues. He's been in the top 15 in strokes gained tee to green for the past 8 years. He's above average with his short game. Only twice has he finished above average in putting on the PGA Tour in strokes gained putting. With his long game, he should be winning a few more tournaments then he has. With his putting, I don't see him hitting the ceiling he has.

You'd be surprised how often someone is super talented that falls flat.

I agree. Rory's putting has held him back. But i cant pin down if that is the sole reason why he flatlined. He has found ways around  poor putting in the past.  His body language seems indifferent when I've seen him play. At least when he was getting pissed off and breaking clubs, he was winning..

This Instagram post has 6 videos, mouse over for the little arrow on the right. Some angles I've never seen before.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

You imitate Arnie, no you, no you, everyone imitate Arnie!!!!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

PGA Tour Live is live. For some reason I'm unable to log in on both Internet Explorer and Chrome. Have to use the app on my phone.

Note: This thread is 2193 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!