• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • 9/26/20 - Spyglass Hill    View this round on GAME GOLF Spyglass is every bit as good as it's cracked up to be.  We teed off at 11am, and the marine layer still hadn't burned off, so the first few holes were surreal. The first tee shot is semi-blind (especially into the fog): I hit a great tee shot, and converted it into a par after CRUSHING a hybrid from the right rough and sinking a 7-footer.   The 4th hole was probably my favorite on the course. I was happy to save a bogey after pulling my approach to the left and getting lucky to even find it in the dunes. On #12, I made my second birdie in two days on a tough par-3...by drilling a 40-footer.  :)
    • 9/25/20 - Links at Spanish Bay View this round on GAME GOLF Absolutely amazing course.  This is the first hole...and it got better from there. I played OK.  I couldn't control my driver, and this course punishes you for that...so I took a lot of penalty strokes. Highlight of the round was a birdie on #13.  Tricky short par-3, with a tough pin.  Knocked it to 5', and sank the putt.  
    • You are making a lot of assumptions here. OP says the player can play a stroke into the fairway. So the bush is NOT preventing a stroke or making ANY stroke unreasonable so there is no case for claiming Rule 16.1a(3) applies. I also note any time I can chip a 7 iron into the fairway, I can play that same stroke with my 4 hybrid. My point is you cannot deny a player their rights under the rule - IF the player can play a functional stroke with the 4 hybrid back into the fairway, and that cart path interferes with that functional stroke, then the player is entitled to relief. I would not like to try to sell your approach to Tiger Woods in front of the television cameras. But you are absolutely right that when it is only the player's heels touching the cart path for a 4 hybrid stroke, then the nearest point of complete relief (if relief is legitimate) is only going to be mere inches away from where the ball currently lies. Yet that opens up a legitimate relief area of up to 7-8 square yards. Is that going to help the player? I can't answer that without seeing the situation - possibly the bush still interferes, possibly not. But we can agree if the player took relief on the opposite side of the cart path from where the ball lay, London to a brick the player played from a wrong place (loss of hole).  
    • I'd say use them until you commit to the comeback, New is very expensive and unless your fitted by a competent fitter more than likely no better than what you got. But a new set of grips at least....
    • Day 291 A bit of indoor putting, recovering from what I hope is a short term food-related gastrointestinal issue. 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. John Boudreau
      John Boudreau
      (53 years old)
    2. mahariji_slice
      mahariji_slice
      (39 years old)
    3. MikeyT
      MikeyT
      (71 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...