IGNORED

2018 Masters Tournament Discussion Topic

iacas
Note: This thread is 2197 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The 2018 Masters  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2018 Masters?

• Tiger
    • Jordan, Dustin, or Rory
    • Someone else in the OWGR Top 15
    • Someone not listed above
  2. 2. Where does Tiger finish?

• First
    • Top 5
    • Top 10
    • Top 20
    • Makes cut, nowhere near contention
    • MC

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Zekez said:

I'm torn on that one. I think it's funny, and not demeaning or negative.

But if you allow that, you probably allow "mashed potatoes!" and all that other stuff, too. And, of course, Dilly Dilly is pop culture, not a long-standing thing.

Still, I wonder if someone who says it as Rory McIlroy walks four feet away from them, quietly, will really be kicked out. Those who yell it, yeah.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wonder what else is on that no-go list.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

11 minutes ago, Zekez said:

I have no problem with this as I have the same policy on my property as well.

Edited by krupa
  • Like 1

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

I wonder if the "Dilly dilly" ban was paid for by Budweiser.   "Banning" their catch phrase is really to their benefit, as we have seen already. 

10 minutes ago, Marty2019 said:

I wonder if the "Dilly dilly" ban was paid for by Budweiser.   "Banning" their catch phrase is really to their benefit, as we have seen already. 

I doubt it. ANGC has demonstrated repeatedly that they expect a certain level of decorum from the patrons and yelling "dilly dilly" is definitely not done at Bushwood.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

• Like 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, Zeph said:

Carl Spackler.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

1 hour ago, Zeph said:

"Rat Farts!"  But only if said by the players.

Rat Farts.jpg

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

T-shirts? Please.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just sent in my picks for the Masters Pool at my club. 4 tiers, have to pick 3 from A, 2 each from B and C, and 1 from D. 4 of you picks have to make the cut,  total combined low gross wins. Winning score is the tiebreaker . Tier A Rose, Thomas, Woods B Hatton, deChambeau, C Perez, Walker, D Vegas. TB -14

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

T-shirts? Please.

UGH. Not a fan of the dilly dilly ad campaign... I am a fan of Bud Light however.

Edited by GrandStranded

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

24 minutes ago, iacas said:

T-shirts? Please.

I just saw this elsewhere and came here to post it but you beat me to it.  So apparently it's not just great minds that think alike.  Dilly dilly!

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Anyone in Europe know if we can watch the masters.com live stream?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Finau's ankle......set your eyes to stun....ouch...

Trick ankle I guess but damn...he walk that off to play the Masters

Edited by Valleygolfer

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Valleygolfer said:

Finua's ankle......set you eye to stun....ouch...

Huh?

1) Hate everything about the Dilly Dilly campaign.

2) Enjoying the par 3 more than usual - the Nicklaus, Watson, Player group is awesome

3) I really hope Tony Finau hasn't injured himself there. Sprinted up to the green after a hole in one, turned round to his kids as he was running and went over on his ankle...

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Huh?

It looked dislocated during the par 3 comp just now...

Edited by Valleygolfer

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

2 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

Trick ankle I guess but damn...he walk that off to play the Masters

Fingers crossed it's not a DJ moment

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

1 minute ago, Valleygolfer said:

We are all wondering if he rolled it or popped out. It definitely looked like it could have.  Either way, he's going to be icing that thing when he's done.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Note: This thread is 2197 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!