IGNORED

2018 Masters Tournament Discussion Topic

iacas
Note: This thread is 2197 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The 2018 Masters  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2018 Masters?

• Tiger
    • Jordan, Dustin, or Rory
    • Someone else in the OWGR Top 15
    • Someone not listed above
  2. 2. Where does Tiger finish?

• First
    • Top 5
    • Top 10
    • Top 20
    • Makes cut, nowhere near contention
    • MC

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Huh?

Just now in the par 3 contest, he made an ace, ran down the fairway backwards in celebration, and turned his ankle badly.  It was at a crazy angle before he popped it back in.  He's still on the course, though.

Don't watch if queasy:

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, phillyk said:

We are all wondering if he rolled it or popped out. It definitely looked like it could have.  Either way, he's going to be icing that thing when he's done.

That was scary to watch. Fingers crossed he didn’t just jack up his first Masters. 

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

2 minutes ago, brocks said:

Just now in the par 3 contest, he made an ace, ran down the fairway backwards in celebration, and turned his ankle badly.  It was at a crazy angle before he popped it back in.  He's still on the course, though.

A lot of basketball players have some squirrelly ankles...hopefully he can work through it.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

6 minutes ago, brocks said:

That's... why you don't run at Augusta!

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Yeeooowww, I did not want to see him popping that back in but there are a lot worst things out there. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

There are 3 longshots that I think are work a $3 or $4 bet on....Harman at 80/1, DeChambeau at 66/1 and Patrick Reed at 50/1. Put $5 on Reed and a few on Harman and DeChambeau. Not much, but I think those are pretty good odds for those 3.

• Administrator

Ouch. Worst thing was he had to “put it back” with his hand.

10 minutes ago, Al B Tross said:

That was scary to watch. Fingers crossed he didn’t just jack up his first Masters. 

Is it his first?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Didn't Paul Lawrie or someone have to be stretchered out of Augusta National?

Although I've never been to ANGC, have walked some serious rolling terrain courses and see why a not trivial number of people hurt themselves.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Damn.... Jack's grandkid...

Edited by Valleygolfer

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

25 minutes ago, krupa said:

That's... why you don't run at Augusta!

Backwards...downhill...on wet grass...

They showed him on the next tee and his wife was looking at him with a "I'm gonna beat your a$$ when we get home" tilt. 

24 minutes ago, iacas said:

Is it his first?

It is. He qualified for the first three majors of the 2018 season by making it to the Tour Championship in 2017. He's played in the US Open, The Open Championship, and the PGA Championship but this will be his first Masters. 

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

25 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

Damn.... Jack's grandkid...

??? what about the grandkid? I'm not watching...

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

I think we can safely say that the winner of the par 3 won't win the Masters this year either. 

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

This has probably been mentioned already, but how in the check do we watch Tiger tomorrow? You'd think he'd be in a featured group online at the very least. I'm seeing 3pm est on ESPN and then some special cameras on CBS sports.com

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Wow. As someone who's had some ankle issues, I really feel for Finau.  Hopefully he didn't do much damage.

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

This can't be real but what did I miss with Sorenstam and trapeze?

Steve

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, Crim said:

This has probably been mentioned already, but how in the check do we watch Tiger tomorrow? You'd think he'd be in a featured group online at the very least. I'm seeing 3pm est on ESPN and then some special cameras on CBS sports.com

He's in one of the two morning featured groups.

22 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

This can't be real but what did I miss with Sorenstam and trapeze?

I don't know if that's real…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2197 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!