IGNORED

2018 Masters Tournament Discussion Topic

iacas
Note: This thread is 2203 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The 2018 Masters  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2018 Masters?

• Tiger
    • Jordan, Dustin, or Rory
    • Someone else in the OWGR Top 15
    • Someone not listed above
  2. 2. Where does Tiger finish?

• First
    • Top 5
    • Top 10
    • Top 20
    • Makes cut, nowhere near contention
    • MC

46 minutes ago, Crim said:

This has probably been mentioned already, but how in the check do we watch Tiger tomorrow? You'd think he'd be in a featured group online at the very least. I'm seeing 3pm est on ESPN and then some special cameras on CBS sports.com

Tiger is in the featured groups on Masters website/app. We will see if their streaming server can handle the demand. 

http://www.masters.com/en_US/news/articles/2018-04-03/2018-04-03_thursday_featured_groups_announced.html

• Administrator

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

59 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

??? what about the grandkid? I'm not watching...

The tradition is to let the caddies, most of whom are family members, hit a shot at #9.  Jack's 15 year old grandson holed his.  Great moment for Jack and the kid.

And Tom Watson won, at age 68, at -6.  Jack was 3rd at -4 and Gary was 9th at -2.  Pretty special afternoon for these guys, with the kid's ace being the cherry on top.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, turtleback said:

And Tom Watson won, at age 68, at -6.  Jack was 3rd at -4 and Gary was 9th at -2.  Pretty special afternoon for these guys, with the kid's ace being the cherry on top.

Even more impressive given the strength and depth of field! ;-)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

48 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

This can't be real but what did I miss with Sorenstam and trapeze?

Obviously not real, but I do hope that the security people are encouraged to remove anyone who yells out anything that is obnoxious. And I think that does happen. :-)

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Even more impressive given the strength and depth of field! ;-)

Hahahaha

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

4 hours ago, nevets88 said:

This can't be real but what did I miss with Sorenstam and trapeze?

Definitely not real. I had a "JUSTICE FOR HARAMBE" sign yesterday and all I got was fist bumps. 

• Thumbs Up 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Golf digest is saying that finau dislocated his ankle but the x-rays didn't show a break.  He's getting an MRI tomorrow.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

6 minutes ago, krupa said:

Golf digest is saying that finau dislocated his ankle but the x-rays didn't show a break.  He's getting an MRI tomorrow.

So he’s wd? Or playing but getting an mri too?

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

1 minute ago, phillyk said:

So he’s wd? Or playing but getting an mri too?

He's getting the MRI; playing is TBD.

39 minutes ago, krupa said:

He’s got Paige Spirinac...he’ll be fine.

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

4 hours ago, turtleback said:

The tradition is to let the caddies, most of whom are family members, hit a shot at #9.  Jack's 15 year old grandson holed his.  Great moment for Jack and the kid.

Thanks for the heads up. I got to see the replay tonight. The grandson must have GOAT blood coursing through his veins.... LOL

25 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

He’s got Paige Spirinac...he’ll be fine.

He's married with kids. Paige is engaged to a former minor league baseball player. (it's scary that I know this...) I saw a You Tube video where Finau and her fiancée combined to set a world record for catching golf shots over 100 yards.

Edited by GrandStranded
  • Like 1

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

Man tomorrow can’t come quick enough...I’m ready to get this thing started! So much potential for a truly great tournament. 

28 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

Thanks for the heads up. I got to see the replay tonight. The grandson must have GOAT blood coursing through his veins.... LOL

He's married with kids. Paige is engaged to a former minor league baseball player. (it's scary that I know this...) I saw a You Tube video where Finau and her fiancée combined to set a world record for catching golf shots over 100 yards.

Oh yeah? Guess the punctuation/grammar was off in an article I read. “Finau and fiancée Spirinac ....must’ve meant Finau and Fiancé of Spirinac...good call...now I can go back to liking Toni...lol.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Okay, I didn't get to watch at work and I actively avoided spoilers.  I TiVo'd the Par-3 challenge and will now set down to watch.  I am turning off my phone and will not be live posting the way I would if I were watching it... well, live.  I miss everyone and will be watching tomorrow! 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

If Finau's ancle didn't hurt, he would be kicking himself pretty hard right now. What a way to potentially drop out of the tournament. If he plays, the ancle could still hinder him.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Thu, April 5, 2018
ROUND 1

Live Coverage
Honorary Starters   7:45 AM - 8:00 AM
On The Range   8:30 AM - 10:30 AM
Featured Groups   10:00 AM - 7:30 PM
Amen Corner   10:45 AM - 6:00 PM
Holes 15 and 16   11:45 AM - 7:00 PM
Broadcast   3:00 PM - 7:30 PM

TV Broadcast & Radio
CBS Radio   2:00 PM
Live TV Coverage   ESPN    3:00 PM - 7:30 PM
On The Range   CBS Sports Network    11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
ESPN Replay   ESPN    8:00 PM - 11:00 PM
CBS Highlights   CBS    11:30 PM - 11:45 PM

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

3 hours ago, Zeph said:

If Finau's ancle didn't hurt, he would be kicking himself pretty hard right now. What a way to potentially drop out of the tournament. If he plays, the ancle could still hinder him.

The Finau Paradox

He'd kick himself if he hadn't dislocated his ankle; but if he didn't dislocate his ankle, he wouldn't want to kick himself.

Note: This thread is 2203 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!