IGNORED

2018 Masters Tournament Discussion Topic

iacas
Note: This thread is 2201 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The 2018 Masters  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2018 Masters?

• Tiger
    • Jordan, Dustin, or Rory
    • Someone else in the OWGR Top 15
    • Someone not listed above
  2. 2. Where does Tiger finish?

• First
    • Top 5
    • Top 10
    • Top 20
    • Makes cut, nowhere near contention
    • MC

Props to Reed. He's been clutch. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Rickie Fowler confirming Masters starts on the back 9. 

I was hoping for McIlroy to birdie final hole of Amen Corner then one more birdie to stay closer. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Nice chip Rory.  Good shot at par at #17.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

10 minutes ago, b101 said:

Just missing comments on laying up to a good number or putts breaking toward the water...

Kostis took care of that earlier this week (Yesterday's round? Thursday?--saw it when I caught up with my DVR recordings last night.)

And Nantz and Faldo really liked how Rory put all that "topspin" on his bunkershot on the 5th hole today. :doh:

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Immediately surrounding a "two eagles in three holes" stretch, Reed makes two bogeys.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

5 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Kostis took care of that earlier this week (Yesterday's round? Thursday?--saw it when I caught up with my DVR recordings last night.)

And Nantz and Faldo really liked how Rory put all that "topspin" on his bunkershot on the 5th hole today. :doh:

Surely they were just kiddding .....right?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Reed might not want to have a big lead going into tomorrow.  He knows no one has shot all four rounds in the 60s and wants to save a good score for tomorrow.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Does someone have a shot on Henrik Stenson's face after he hit his approach to #18?

-- Michael | My swing! 

20 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Reed just won the Masters.

You guys love to jump the gun on predictions. He could shoot 75 tomorrow. He could make a double on 18 today. Rewatch the 96 masters or the one Rory blew.

Plenty of time for errors and someone to go low.

Edited by MuniGrit

Trollin' is the life

Just now, Shindig said:

Does someone have a shot on Henrik Stenson's face after he hit his approach to #18?

Haha, I'm on a 30 second delay, so that was great to look out for. Sadly, I missed the screenshot attempt.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Rory with another bogey-free round.  I still haven't had that six-free round.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Rory hangs in there!

Rory matches Fowler and Rahm with a bogey free 65.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

28 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Reed just won the Masters.

Watched a lot of golf have you? :hmm:

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

8 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Surely they were just kiddding .....right?

Um, no.

Kostis explained (--paraphrasing here--) that the putt (Mickelson's, I think?) looks like it should go one way even to experienced pros, but it breaks toward Rae's creek.

And Faldo affirmed a comment that Nantz made about why Rory's fairway bunker shot turned out so well.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Great recovery shot by Leishman. 

Did Reed lose his caddie?  He just picked up his own bag...

Nevermind, found the caddie.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 2201 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!