IGNORED

2018 Masters Tournament Discussion Topic

iacas
Note: This thread is 2175 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The 2018 Masters  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2018 Masters?

• Tiger
    • Jordan, Dustin, or Rory
    • Someone else in the OWGR Top 15
    • Someone not listed above
  2. 2. Where does Tiger finish?

• First
    • Top 5
    • Top 10
    • Top 20
    • Makes cut, nowhere near contention
    • MC

Just now, iacas said:

I'm rooting for Reed today.

I'm aware of the past, I just don't care what he did in college.

PReed FTW.

Aware this is off-topic, but if the cheating in College were proved? Just because I remember your stance on the Lexi Thompson issue...

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

You don't get kicked out of college for some drinking infractions that you have never really explained.

He wasn't "kicked out of college."

It seems that he was dropped from UGA's golf team as a sophomore (that seems to be universally accepted).

Under those circumstances, he did what any promising student athlete would do in that position - he transferred to another school.

• Like 1

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, b101 said:

Aware this is off-topic, but if the cheating in College were proved? Just because I remember your stance on the Lexi Thompson issue…

The Lexi issue fades over time, too. I said earlier this year I'm done rooting against her.

And that was proven. The PReed stuff is, AFAIK, a bunch of hearsay. He was a bad teammate, and I could see a situation where some guys being beaten out by him - a guy they disliked - would make allegations.

But again, even if proven, how long ago was that?

I don't believe in rooting against people forever. Gary Player cheated. Vijay Singh cheated very early on in his career. Lexi breached the rules (I never said I thought she cheated), and then was pissy about it. So a year later, I no longer even root against her.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

20 hours ago, b101 said:

I'll take that bet. Take a picture for me :-)

Remember this b101, Reed's starting to look like he thinks he'd look good in green. Fleetwood's on fire, Rory's getting the breaks and I'm sure the first paragraph in tomorrow's paper will be Tiger's 72.

You'd be a losing that bet.

Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger whew..jpg

Live from the doghouse.

8 minutes ago, sheepdog said:

Remember this b101, Reed's starting to look like he thinks he'd look good in green. Fleetwood's on fire, Rory's getting the breaks and I'm sure the first paragraph in tomorrow's paper will be Tiger's 72.

You'd be a losing that bet.

Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger whew..jpg

Fair enough - good call! 

Ridiculous, though...

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• Administrator
Just now, b101 said:

Fair enough - good call! 

Ridiculous, though...

That's specifically an article about Tiger. It's not "the Masters article."

Show the main Masters article, @sheepdog.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Despite a disappointing result, this is progress for Tiger. He's been driving the ball really well this week. Some bigger misses, some attempt at draws that just went straight and quite a few just off the fairway. The irons hasn't been great, but the shots are there and he sometimes brings it out. Being early in the comeback, a major, The Masters, it's reasonable that stuff aren't always flowing.

Put together some rounds of the driving from Augusta and some iron play from the last tournament, and it's looking good. It looks more like rust and maybe not enough focus on the shots than just playing bad.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

That's it, no Masters article. not even the scores, just Tiger, Tiger, Tiger, Tiger. Don't believe me? The Memphis Commercial Appeal, Sunday, April 8, 2018. Find a copy.

You know perhaps that's why I;m one of Tiger's detractors, I know quite a few, all of us, all in their 60s and 70s, he's been shoved down our throats for so many years, when he deserved it, OK, but especially when he didn't. It gets old. Somebody wins a tournament, a nobody or a journeyman but the gist of the article is on how Tiger came in 10th. Why??? Perhaps it's political correctness, perhaps it's because he's done a lot for golf's popularity, dunno, Arnie did a lot for golf, but Arnie and Jack in their heydays weren't the lead topic of every tournament they were in.

22 minutes ago, iacas said:

That's specifically an article about Tiger. It's not "the Masters article."

Show the main Masters article, @sheepdog.

Edited by sheepdog

Live from the doghouse.

I was down the middle with Patrick Reed, but after his comments about his back hurting from carrying Jordan in the Ryder Cup...

I became a big fan :)

With that said, ill always be a bigger fan of Rory. Hopeing for the slam today.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

1 hour ago, b101 said:

Back to this year's Masters - massively pulling for Rory this afternoon and hoping to see him go out with the mentality he had yesterday. He looks so much more relaxed than he ever has round Augusta and you've got to think Reed will feel the pressure at some point. Patrick has played flawless golf though; I wouldn't begrudge him the title.

+1 on Rory.  He's one of my three favorite golfers (Tiger and Phil) and I think it'd be awesome if he won the career slam.

Reed doesn't seem to be bothered by pressure - if anything, he thrives on it, so, because of that, I think Rory's going to have to go real low to win it because I think Reed's going to shoot like 69 or 70. 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Props to Tiger (E)...... and especially Phil (-5) for the way they're performing today. Both have to be very disappointed about their play this week. Yet they came out and played hard, like the champions they are. Great doesn't quit.

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

Is CBS having audio issues or is it just Masters.com?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Great putt by Tiger on #14.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I love so much about Augusta and the Masters, but I hate the pretentious term 'patrons' and the amount the commentators over-use it. They are fans, like at every other event - stop it.

• Like 1

Is Bubba advertising Gatorade on his shoes?  It looks like Gatorade logo.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

3 minutes ago, b101 said:

I love so much about Augusta and the Masters, but I hate the pretentious term 'patrons' and the amount the commentators over-use it. They are fans, like at every other event - stop it.

Not their choice:

For decades, because the men who run the Masters refer to attendees as patrons, media outlets have followed suit. Disregard broadcasters CBS and ESPN from this discussion because they are rights holders and essentially at the mercy of Augusta National’s dictates. They use patron because they have to, in the same way the club requires them to use “first and second nine” rather than “front and back.”

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/do-we-have-to-call-them-patrons-at-the-masters-just-because-augusta-national-wants-us-to

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Note: This thread is 2175 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!