IGNORED

2018 Masters Tournament Discussion Topic

iacas
Note: This thread is 2197 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The 2018 Masters  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2018 Masters?

• Tiger
    • Jordan, Dustin, or Rory
    • Someone else in the OWGR Top 15
    • Someone not listed above
  2. 2. Where does Tiger finish?

• First
    • Top 5
    • Top 10
    • Top 20
    • Makes cut, nowhere near contention
    • MC

I would so watch a stop motion version of The Masters.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

I would so watch a stop motion version of The Masters.

Thats similar to the technology they have on channel 5 over here :-P

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

I noticed no use of the name, Toptracer. Wonder if The Masters somehow figured out a way to bypass that.

CBS Sports chairman Sean McManus announced that U.S. audiences will see shot-tracing technology on five holes – Nos. 9, 10, 13, 15 and 18. CBS has promoted the expanded use of shot-tracing technology in its regular PGA Tour coverage, but until this year, it had been used only in digital coverage of the Masters. Now U.S. viewers will see it during the nine hours of weekend coverage on CBS.

http://golfweek.com/2018/03/28/cbs-expands-coverage-technology-for-highly-anticipated-masters/

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

There are multiple brands. They all just use a launch monitor and a camera system.

• Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

13 hours ago, iacas said:

Did they not have one before? I know it's rubbish footage, but I definitely remember this shot from a few years back on the shottracer:

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

7 minutes ago, b101 said:

Did they not have one before? I know it's rubbish footage, but I definitely remember this shot from a few years back on the shottracer:

That looks like post production?

Nice Twitter thread of great photos.

Steve

1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

That looks like post production?

Nice Twitter thread of great photos.

Almost certainly was - but it was definitely broadcast by CBS as I really remember it as just an entertaining Protracer.

Great link, by the way!

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

As an addition, I've done a mini sweepstake with friends - we each pick a stable of players and get points based on final positions (Winner = 40 points, Runner Up = 30 points, 3rd-5th = 20 points, Top 10 = 10 points, Makes Cut = 5 points). Based on OWGR currently, you select: one player from top 5, one from 6-10, one from 11-20, one from 21-50 and one outside top 50.

My picks: Thomas, Rory, Noren, Cabrera-Bello and Woods (was considering ZJ, but Tiger is just the form player outside top 50).

Who would you take?

Obviously plenty can/will change in the forecast between now and then but it's looking like the weekend could be dealing with some wet/windy/stormy weather. Hopefully weather doesn't end up playing a big factor in the tournament but we'll see.

Looks like those of you who have Monday and Tuesday practice round tickets are in for some great weather- mid 80s and sunny. 

Based on the last few appearances I would be really disappointed if he's outside the top 5 when the fourth round begins.  

As far as "who wins?", seems the folks with the best shot are Bubba/Phil (lefties with good Masters records who are playing well), Rosie, and JT.

Player with the best chance of ruining my Sunday is Rory.  I'm expecting a relatively tight field on Sunday afternoon with Tiger and one or two others mentioned above in the mix.  Rory could get really hot and go into the final nine with a 5 or 6 (or more) shot lead which would really suck (from a viewing perspective). 

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

1 hour ago, skydog said:

Obviously plenty can/will change in the forecast between now and then but it's looking like the weekend could be dealing with some wet/windy/stormy weather. Hopefully weather doesn't end up playing a big factor in the tournament but we'll see.

Looks like those of you who have Monday and Tuesday practice round tickets are in for some great weather- mid 80s and sunny. 

I just don't want a Monday finish. Anything but. Let's get done by Sunday. Move up tee times, play both tees, threesomes, I don't care no Monday finish. I took Sunday off to specifically watch the Masters. Not to watch it rain.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

21 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

We should just use reverse psychology and predict he's going to finish 50th. 

21 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

I voted he'd win... 

:-)

• Like 1

Vishal S.

26 minutes ago, k-troop said:

Rory could get really hot and go into the final nine with a 5 or 6 (or more) shot lead which would really suck (from a viewing perspective). 

I've had to eat crow re: Rory before but I don't see this happening. I don't think he's comfortable around Augusta and I would look to one of the perennial Augusta blue bloods (Tiger, Phil, Bubba, Spieth, Rose) to be the much more likely scenario IMO. 

@GrandStranded

What you are about to see is from a member of the media, that rarely talks about golf.

I will at least listen to his show every day. They very very seldom talk about golf. Unless it's the guy who moves the needle. If you could please watch it and comment on it..  Thanks. He's only talking impact, BTW.

• Upvote 1

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

If I could only pick one guy, I think I would pick Tiger, based on experience on that course, track record, recent play, etc. 

But if offered the chance to take "the field" then you have to take the field against one guy.  Even the greatest golfers of all time don't win but a fraction of the tournaments they enter.  Vegas  odds are about 10% chance of Tiger winning, even though he is one of the favorites, if not the favorite. 

I picked "someone else in the top 15 of the OWGR."   I could have just as easily picked "someone outside the top 15."  

4 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

@GrandStranded

What you are about to see is from a member of the media, that rarely talks about golf.

I will at least listen to his show every day. They very very seldom talk about golf. Unless it's the guy who moves the needle. If you could please watch it and comment on it..  Thanks. He's only talking impact, BTW.

I didn't listen to the whole thing, because they were being redundant, but I tent to agree with what they were saying.   I actually like Tiger more since all the stuff happened.   Whores, divorce, pills, injuries.   To me, it makes him more relatable and less of the robot he used to seem like.  It made him seem like more of a human being. 

The thing that really drove me into his corner was the way all the holier than thou types wanted to stone him to death when it all happened.  And even now, on this message board, when I post a similar message in another thread, someone responded with "You like him because he cheated on his wife."  That completely misses the point. 

Steve

On 3/30/2018 at 2:20 AM, Marty2019 said:

I didn't listen to the whole thing, because they were being redundant, but I tent to agree with what they were saying.   I actually like Tiger more since all the stuff happened.   Whores, divorce, pills, injuries.   To me, it makes him more relatable and less of the robot he used to seem like.  It made him seem like more of a human being. 

The thing that really drove me into his corner was the way all the holier than thou types wanted to stone him to death when it all happened.  And even now, on this message board, when I post a similar message in another thread, someone responded with "You like him because he cheated on his wife."  That completely misses the point. 

He is more relate able for sure but I don't like people who are relate able that drive around so inebriated that they think they are in another state on the same streets my kids drive/ride bikes next too. Some of his fan boys would still like the guy if he would have crashed into someone vs something like he did. He does not get a pass on that from me. Absolutely no excuse for it. 

Trollin' is the life

Note: This thread is 2197 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!