IGNORED

2018 Masters Tournament Discussion Topic

iacas
Note: This thread is 2197 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The 2018 Masters  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2018 Masters?

• Tiger
    • Jordan, Dustin, or Rory
    • Someone else in the OWGR Top 15
    • Someone not listed above
  2. 2. Where does Tiger finish?

• First
    • Top 5
    • Top 10
    • Top 20
    • Makes cut, nowhere near contention
    • MC

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

And with this I have to ask... Does anyone else feel like there's more hype this year?

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

7 minutes ago, krupa said:

And with this I have to ask... Does anyone else feel like there's more hype this year?

Hmmm. I'm thinking maybe some of Tiger fans are more interested?

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

5 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

There's certainly plenty of "how will Tiger do" stories but in general it seems that every outlet possible, golf sites, reddit, thesandtrap, etc. are all going batshit crazy this year.  Maybe it's because of Tiger but there are a lot of general, "oh my god, oh my god, it's the Master's" articles as well. I could just be suffering from confirmation bias at this point as well.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

39 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

Not just Tiger. All the big names are in good form. Spieth got his act together just in time the last few days. 

I dunno what it is, maybe someone lit a fire under someone's derriere in the video department, because they are killing it.

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 11.33.21 AM.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o78N0Z2y-gY

Steve

This is the greatest sports week of the year (in my opinion). I love all the coverage, all the sappy music, Jim Nance, azaleas.....I'll be there on Sunday. First time for a tournament round.

P.s. I also love pimento sandwiches, the color green, southern accents, and Free Parking.

• Like 1

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Phil is in good form too, and Bubba seems to show up for the Masters. Let's hope DJ can stay away from staircases as well.

This week is about the tradition more than anything else. Is there a lot of hype around Tiger's comeback? It's everywhere. On whether Rory can complete the career grand slam? That's everywhere, too. Whether Justin Rose can redeem himself for last year? There are stories on that. On what Sergio will be serving tomorrow night? A few. It's just a week with a different aura to it. It always has a different aura. But this week is A LOT different than years past.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

• Administrator
2 hours ago, GrandStranded said:

I think every fan is more interested.

It's not like Tiger fans didn't watch the last few years. They're still golf fans.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

I think every fan is more interested.

It's not like Tiger fans didn't watch the last few years. They're still golf fans.

I'm talking more about those who'll only watch when Tiger is playing. The ones who are more a fan of him and his aura, then of golf itself.

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

I dunno what it is, maybe someone lit a fire under someone's derriere in the video department, because they are killing it.

Some day they might let some of us outside of USA watch it too. 

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

One of the few televised tournaments I will watch. The other two being the US Open, and The Open.

I am hoping the greens will be great shape. Fast, and nerve shattering. 

I actually watch the Masters for beauty of the course itself. The golf is secondary. 

Don't really care who wins it, but if Woody does win it, I can collect on a bet at the sports book. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

So many storylines - at the risk of repeating:

• Woods - back from the ashes
  • McIlroy - finish the career GS
  • Thomas - comin' in hot
  • Mickelson - perennial favorite
  • DJ - seemed primed to win it last year
  • Rahm - the next dominant Spaniard
  • Garcia - I'm not done yet
  • Spieth - no 12 behind him?
  • Watson - No 3?

On the cusp - Day, Stenson, Matsuyama, Rose

Who's gonna be that guy out of nowhere this year?

Game on

Steve

3 hours ago, GrandStranded said:

I think the press has something to do with it too. You have the older generation with a chance (Tiger and Phil) and lots of young guns with a chance too. No one is real dominant at the moment, so it is wide open and the favorites have all played well coming in including Spieth now, who was struggling a bit.

Spieth, Rory, Phil, DJ, Tiger, JT, Rose, Rahm, Day, Bubba, Sergio. It is exciting and should be hyped. It is not just Tiger. 

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

If someone like Angel Cabrera wins (no offense dude), I'm gonna be pissed.

I don't understand what this qualification means:

(16). Individual winners of PGA Tour events that award a full-point allocation for the season-ending Tour Championship, from previous Masters to current Masters

From https://www.golfdigest.com/story/2018-masters-see-whos-in-the-field-at-augusta

Steve

Note: This thread is 2197 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!