IGNORED

2018 WGC Match Play

Wally Fairway
Note: This thread is 2219 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The field is set (baring WD's) and the brackets will be drawn tonight starting 7:30.
Pod play begins Wednesday 3/21, and for those of you like me there is a bracket challenge on the PGA tour site. Which I might as well do, because my other bracket has been destroyed.

Qualifying players not entered in the WGC Match play include Rickie, Stenson, Rose, Koepka and Adam Scott; thus allowing Luke List, Na, CH III, Joost and Keegan Bradley into the field.

Here is a link to the PGA tour site bracket rules - https://www.pgatour.com/company/2018/03/16/rules-game-wgc-dell-technologies-match-play-bracket-challenge.html

Also - just to make it clear to all Tiger Woods is not playing, as he did not qualify.

Edited by Wally Fairway

Players play, tough players win!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

there is a bracket challenge on the PGA tour site.

Let's have a bracket challenge here in this thread....

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• iacas changed the title to 2018 WGC Match Play

Tee times for Wednesday are posted, brackets will be done a little later.
A quick look gives me these intersesting pods - Spieth/Reed, Day/Oostheizen, Leishman/Grace/Bubba

https://www.pgatour.com/competition/2018/wgc-dell-technologies-match-play/leaderboard.html

58 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Tee times for Wednesday are posted, brackets will be done a little later.
A quick look gives me these intersesting pods - Spieth/Reed, Day/Oostheizen, Leishman/Grace/Bubba

https://www.pgatour.com/competition/2018/wgc-dell-technologies-match-play/leaderboard.html

I am very keen on seeing this reed vs spieth matchup. 

15 hours ago, HJJ003 said:

That will be a Friday match

Here is the bracket (play in each pod is Wed 1v4, 2v3, Thur 1v3, 2v4, Friday 1v2 , 3v4

WGC Match Play Bracket.JPG

• Like 1

Tony Finau today.

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 4.56.31 PM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I messed up the tie breaker thinking it was total birds made by the winner.... :hmm:

Dell.PNG

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

19 hours ago, HJJ003 said:

Yep - I hope Speith asks for, and is granted free relief at some point during that match

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator

I suck at this stuff, as does everyone, because it's match play so who knows which way things will go. Any given day of the week, #200 OWGR could outplay #1 OWGR.

PGA Tour Bracket.jpg

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

This tournament will have a different vibe with this “serial bomber” still on the loose. The package that exploded tonight was 3 miles from by brother in laws house. Security will be tight as can be for a golf tournament I imagine. 

My picks: 

PGA Tour Bracket1.jpg

Edited by jbishop15
got it right on the 2343243243rd try!

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

9 hours ago, HJJ003 said:

This tournament will have a different vibe with this “serial bomber” still on the loose. The package that exploded tonight was 3 miles from by brother in laws house. Security will be tight as can be for a golf tournament I imagine. 

That problem eliminated itself early this morning

And I had to change my tiebreaker as I thought it was a 36 hole final

• Administrator
Just now, MuniGrit said:

List break his putter? He was putting with wedge hole time on the back.

Yes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2219 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!