IGNORED

Patrick Reed vs. the Rules of Golf

NM Golf

1 minute ago, NM Golf said:

What he said and an expletive after a bad shot are not quite the same thing. Like I said I don't have a real opinion on him, but what he said makes him come of a bit like a whiner to me. Boo hoo you just don't like me as much as the golden boy. And maybe they don't, I know he has a bit of a reputation out there for being a jerk. I personally don't care one way or another as long as he keeps winning matches in the Ryder Cup.

Yeah but you keep bringing up things that he may or may not have done in college, you call him a whiner, and say he has a reputation as a jerk. Then you follow these remarks by saying you don't care one way or the other. That all sounds like you actually really dislike him, and that's why this "drop" incident really bothers you so much. People who are indifferent to, or like Reed, take this as him simply arguing a ruling. He's not slamming Spieth, What he is doing is calling out the ref, claiming others would've gotten a more favorable ruling. He's probably right. Same way we give pass to the F bombs because it's not the players fault a mic picked it up, Reed should get the same pass here. 

• Like 1

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Maybe they’re true and what he says was accurate.

I don’t have a problem with it. It’s real.

Could be accurate, I am sure there are guys out there that seem to get the benefit of the doubt more than most. Similar to the same reason Lebron can back everyone down in the paint and never gets called for an offensive foul. But I digress...

3 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

Yeah but you keep bringing up things that he may or may not have done in college, you call him a whiner, and say he has a reputation as a jerk. Then you follow these remarks by saying you don't care one way or the other. That all sounds like you actually really dislike him, and that's why this "drop" incident really bothers you so much. People who are indifferent to, or like Reed, take this as him simply arguing a ruling. He's not slamming Spieth, What he is doing is calling out the ref, claiming others would've gotten a more favorable ruling. He's probably right. Same way we give pass to the F bombs because it's not the players fault a mic picked it up, Reed should get the same pass here. 

Easy killer, obviously you're a Patrick Reed fan but there's no need to get your undies in a bunch. I am just adding to the conversation, and the stuff I brought up is well documented. I'm sure he's one hell of a model American!

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

How about when he beat Spieth in a playoff and was a complete ass to his wife who was on his bag. She was crying basically and he had his bro in law caddie after that. Granted she had a baby and such but I thought what a cheap pompous dink. Too cheap to hire a caddie and yell at his wife for wrong club selection.

Trollin' is the life

3 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

Could be accurate, I am sure there are guys out there that seem to get the benefit of the doubt more than most. Similar to the same reason Lebron can back everyone down in the paint and never gets called for an offensive foul. But I digress...

Easy killer, obviously you're a Patrick Reed fan but there's no need to get your undies in a bunch. I am just adding to the conversation, and the stuff I brought up is well documented. I'm sure he's one hell of a model American!

From that reasoned response, it's clear you're the one with the bunched panties. Also , after the "model American" remark, I think you've shown I was correct. It's not about the drop. You simply dislike Reed. Why not be a man and just say it, killer?

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

He did’nt get relief where he tought he was entitled to. So he was a bit upset and said something. Don’t try to deeply analyze what, no big insults, no big words, just in the heath of the moment.

I like to see some emotions, nothing wrong in my eyes.

10 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

Screenshot_20180311-135237.png

This is hysterically funny! Great post!

• Like 1

Everyone complains about something they think is unfair from time to time. I don’t particularly care to hold professional athletes to a higher standard than other people. Is anything he is doing violating rules, nope. 

I don’t get this idea professional athletes need to be saints.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

2 hours ago, GrandStranded said:

What exactly is the story here? Player got upset he wasn't given relief and vented? I don't blame him a bit. I like Patrick. A lot. I think the only "problem" with Reed is he SAYS what others are THINKING. This upsets the same people who complain about the players who give the same canned, rehearsed answers over and over.

Here is something you and I can agree on.  :beer:

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

29 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

From that reasoned response, it's clear you're the one with the bunched panties. Also , after the "model American" remark, I think you've shown I was correct. It's not about the drop. You simply dislike Reed. Why not be a man and just say it, killer?

Dude seriously? Not that it really matters, but I don't dislike Patrick Reed!?! And the "one hell of a model American" comes from the movie Ace Ventura:

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 

1 hour ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Reed had more options than just accepting the judgement of a traveling rules official, whether the official was right or wrong.  Reed could have just taken the relief as he thought he was able to and took his case to the committee. He could have also played two balls.

I didn't have a problem with what he said. Its not like he was doing an interview or something. Heat of the moment. Theres probably a hint of truth to it, anyway. 

Funny you should say that.

At Arnie's tournament.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/09/sports/sports-times-venturi-plays-2nd-ball-palmer-dispute-over-masters-scorecard.html

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

2 minutes ago, turtleback said:

Here is something you and I can agree on.  :beer:

Wow. I didn't see that one coming. LOL :beer:

And in a nice little twist, Speith and Reed are in the same match play group this week: http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/22838224/jordan-spieth-patrick-reed-drawn-same-group-match-play

• Informative 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

And in a nice little twist, Speith and Reed are in the same match play group this week: http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/22838224/jordan-spieth-patrick-reed-drawn-same-group-match-play

Well since they play so well as a team, it will be interesting to see how they do as opponents. 

I'm not particularly upset about Reed, although I do think that bringing any other player into the discussion was probably a poor choice.  It strikes me as a "Mom always liked you best" kind of comment.  From the camera angle I've seen, I have no idea whether his request for relief was reasonable or not.  I've seen players request, and be allowed, relief in situations where it would never occur to me to even ask.  And I don't remember many instances where the answer was "no", so I can understand why Reed was surprised and irritated at being denied relief.  

But a lesson that he might want to learn is that reputation or past behavior can influence the present.  If you treat an official, every official, respectfully, you're slightly more likely to get the benefit of the doubt in a borderline situation.  I know officials are supposed to be impartial, and I'm certain that they all try to be, but they're human too.  

• Like 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

But a lesson that he might want to learn is that reputation or past behavior can influence the present.

While true, his point was also true: star players likely get different treatment.

ROs are taught to be impartial, and so his behavior is likely to make him unliked by officials, if it's a pattern and oft-repeated, but it shouldn't really have much actual effect.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

While true, his point was also true: star players likely get different treatment.

ROs are taught to be impartial, and so his behavior is likely to make him unliked by officials, if it's a pattern and oft-repeated, but it shouldn't really have much actual effect.

Its a situation where he may have been right, and been wrong at the same time for the way he handled it.  The toughest part is that no matter what he does going forward, his image isn't going to change for a long long time.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.