NM Golf

Patrick Reed Relief Comment + Waste Area Penalty at the Hero

150 posts / 10875 viewsLast Reply

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

While true, his point was also true: star players likely get different treatment.

ROs are taught to be impartial, and so his behavior is likely to make him unliked by officials, if it's a pattern and oft-repeated, but it shouldn't really have much actual effect.

With 5 wins on the PGA Tour shouldn't he be considered a star player? I mean I consider him a star player, especially with his Ryder Cup heroics. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

1 minute ago, NM Golf said:

With 5 wins on the PGA Tour shouldn't he be considered a star player? I mean I consider him a star player, especially with his Ryder Cup heroics. 

No.

Fringe, but no.

Watching the Hero thingy right now, Reed improved his lie, not once, but twice in sand. Flicked sand away from behind the ball twice while setting up for a shot.

Wish I had video. It's blatant and egregious.

I guess Patrick Reed's reputation as a fat piece of garbage cheater is warranted?

Edited by colin007
Clarification

3 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Watching the Hero thingy right now, Reed improved his lie, not once, but twice in a bunker. 

It's not a "bunker." It's a "waste area."

You still can't improve your lie, and I am about to see it in a few minutes here, but I wanted to point out that it's not a bunker.

Watching the Hero thingy right now, Reed improved his lie, not once, but twice in sand. Flicked sand away from behind the ball twice while setting up for a shot.

Wish I had video. It's blatant and egregious.

I guess Patrick Reed's reputation as a fat piece of garbage cheater is warranted?

Waiting to see what the Tour's decision is, but unless I'm missing something, it was one of the most blatant lie improvements I've ever seen. He opened up a nice little lane for his club.

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

I’d say it looks as bad as Gary Player’s lie improvement at The Open at St. Andrews. Do you believe this is blatant?

So how does the discussion with Fatrick go? Do they just tell him how many strokes to add or do they ask him what he was thinking? Does it matter that he did it twice - separate penalties?

So how does the discussion with Fatrick go? Do they just tell him how many strokes to add or do they ask him what he was thinking? Does it matter that he did it twice - separate penalties?

I'd be tempted to penalize him twice. They were two separate acts, and if he was gonna do it… he should've gotten his money's worth with the first swipe.

I bet the PGA Tour finds a way to let him off the hook by adding "intent" to a rule where there is no such thing.

2015, too.

Somewhat surprised he was penalized. Remember, this is the event where Hideki probably should have been penalized and they didn't enforce it because he didn't have intent or whatever:

"Somewhat" because this was so blatant. And definitively caught on camera. Pretty bad.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

It's not a "bunker." It's a "waste area."

You still can't improve your lie, and I am about to see it in a few minutes here, but I wanted to point out that it's not a bunker.

Not watching the tournament, but was wondering about that.